X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    How is a commercial bumper the same as a half an hour of someone reading Twitter?
    I've seen them read twitter on post game shows...its a time killer is all.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      I've seen them read twitter on post game shows...its a time killer is all.
      No, it's a viewer hook for the younger audience. Those kids and younger adults think that there's a chance something they submitted will make the broadcast, give them some thrill of seeing their name and words splashed across the screen for all to see. The twatter feed is pure audience retention.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        No, it's a viewer hook for the younger audience. Those kids and younger adults think that there's a chance something they submitted will make the broadcast, give them some thrill of seeing their name and words splashed across the screen for all to see. The twatter feed is pure audience retention.
        So it's sort of like submitting a question to Russo in the hope he answers it in one of this articles so you can cut it out and hang it on your fridge. Man, how lame do you have to be to do something like that?
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ngle_page=true
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Especially one "Jenny" who actually KNOWS her sh*. Since she played hockey and all. And her brother is in the college ranks...
            And the lovely miss Kaylin...who of course went to St. Cloud State.

I know zero about Angie. Rag on her all you want.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Back before Twitter and when the ESPN message boards were just starting up, my comment was featured on the primetime Sportscenter about the Michael Vick story. I didn't even get to see it. There was a bunch of people the next day congratulating me and telling me they saw my comment up there. I was ****ed.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dirty View Post
                so it's sort of like submitting a question to russo in the hope he answers it in one of this articles so you can cut it out and hang it on your fridge. Man, how lame do you have to be to do something like that?
                it's hung on my cabinet not my fridge you stupid shmuck!
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

So, you're all saying I should have made more of an effort to save my TMQ appearance last year?
                  This space for sale.

Comment

Heh. I still have part of the article where Barreiro referred to a certain "chowderhead" in the Star Tribune years ago. I had called into KFAN about a Twins thing, and it somehow made it into the paper.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The cabinet? Was the fridge full?
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        The cabinet? Was the fridge full?
                        Not full...just a lot more space.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Do you think Skip Bayless ever feels bad he gave up on real journalism to be a one-trick pony?

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 11h
                          The Patriots are even better than they were last year.

If the Patriots need to win one game without Brady, I'd bet on Tebow far more than I would on Ryan Mallett.

Tebow can't run Brady's offense but he can win games in the NFL when they're on the line.

Not a good night for Tebow. Ran strong yet this time no spread option called for him. WHY NOT? 2 near-miss bullets, one awful overthrow INT.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I just happened to land on Sports Center last night while flipping and they were talking NFL so I lingered.

Then they went to their fantasy consultant to ask about the value of a 2nd or 3rd string running back on whatever team they were talking about...

News flash. Not everyone plays fantasy football. I can zone out and sit through an occasional NBA segment or even the latest non-story about Rex Ryan or Timothy, but I can't tolerate men in suits on my TV breaking down fantasy football.

'CLICK!'
                            Last edited by Gurtholfin; 08-17-2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Do you think Skip Bayless ever feels bad he gave up on real journalism to be a one-trick pony?

The Patriots are even better than they were last year.

If the Patriots need to win one game without Brady, I'd bet on Tebow far more than I would on Ryan Mallett.

Tebow can't run Brady's offense but he can win games in the NFL when they're on the line.

Not a good night for Tebow. Ran strong yet this time no spread option called for him. WHY NOT? 2 near-miss bullets, one awful overthrow INT.
                              He may, until he checks in bank account, then I doubt he cares.

Comment

Who cares, Fox Sports 1 goes live today.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X