This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    My friends and I were talking about this the other day. I actually think they've followed the MTV model. MTV made it's mark showing music videos. They then morphed into this "original programming" network that just peddles a lot of schlock 24/7. ESPN is doing the same thing. About all you get on ESPN anymore is non-stop video versions of talk radio, with a bunch of people screaming at each other over minutiae even the most devout fan cares very little about.

ESPN will always be there, like Microsoft. But FOX is going to cut into their share, and you'll see a larger migration to the more specialized networks like the MLB and NFL networks, etc...
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NetworkDecay

Comment

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

ESPN sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        I settled on NHL Network which was showing a replay of Toronto's epic game 7 collapse.
        I watched the ending. It was like watching a train wreck - just couldn't look away even knowing the outcome!
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

New ESPN Program To Feature Attractive Blonde Reading Tweets For 30 Minutes

LOS ANGELES—ESPN programming executives announced Wednesday the debut of a new show called The Pulse that will air afternoons on ESPN and evenings on ESPN2 and which will consist of an attractive blonde host reading tweets and Facebook comments to the camera for a half hour. “This new show will tap into the real conversations taking place across social channels and then literally repeat those conversations back to people,” said Jamie Horowitz, vice president of original programming. “We are confident that a beautiful, flaxen-haired young woman flirtatiously reading short, easy-to-digest messages aloud is exactly the kind of innovative programming that the discerning modern sports fan demands.” After several rounds of test marketing, the collected data suggested that The Pulse has the potential to become the most popular program on the entire ESPN family of networks despite frequently veering completely off the topic of sports.

Comment

Hey its the Fox Sports Girls!!!!
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Except they're only on TV in 15-second snippets.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                Except they're only on TV in 15-second snippets.
                Same thing!
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

“We are confident that a beautiful, flaxen-haired young woman flirtatiously reading short, easy-to-digest messages aloud is exactly the kind of innovative programming that the discerning modern sports fan demands.” This Horowitz guy has a great talent for redefining the English language. Until now, I didn't know that "discerning" now means "pathetic guys who can't get a date".
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's embarrassing when The Onion gets ESPN better than ESPN gets itself. And sadly, I almost expected it to be a link to espn.com instead.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      Same thing!
                      How is a commercial bumper the same as a half an hour of someone reading Twitter?
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Berman to call 2nd game of MNF opening doubleheader.

Thank Heaven's it is past my bedtime. My sympathies to the Left Coast.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Do not speak ill of the Fox Sports Girls...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            It's embarrassing when The Onion gets ESPN better than ESPN gets itself. And sadly, I almost expected it to be a link to espn.com instead.
                            Sweet Jeebus. I didn't even consider that it was an Onion article. I had this great rant typed up and read your post before I hit send. It's terribly sad I didn't, even for a moment, think that this could be satire.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Do not speak ill of the Fox Sports Girls...
                              Especially one "Jenny" who actually KNOWS her sh*. Since she played hockey and all. And her brother is in the college ranks...
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Sweet Jeebus. I didn't even consider that it was an Onion article. I had this great rant typed up and read your post before I hit send. It's terribly sad I didn't, even for a moment, think that this could be satire.
                                The "Los Angeles" made me do a double take on it, since I would think any news article re: ESPN would be out of Bristol, CT. Otherwise, another great Onion prank.

Comment

Working...
                                X