X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by bueller View Post
    Because you're counting the Home Run Derby as a game?
    I was.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      I was.
      Moran.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I was.
        I did the same thing. That also means that there's also only one day with no on rink, field or court activity in the year. And yes, I ranked those in order of importance.
        This space for sale.

Comment

They should change the ESPY's to the NBA awards.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just imagine if Tim Tebow took up basketball and joined the Miami Heat.

Comment

Granted, I don't live in an NBA market, but I can't think of a single friend, co-worker or associate who cares about or ever mentions the NBA.

I also don't live in a MLB, NFL or NHL market and know lots of people who care about and talk about those sports.

There's a certain disconnect between my sports life and what I see on the rare occasion that I tune into ESPeN.

Full disclosure, I do usually have Mike & Mike on in the morning and watch PTI and the preceding show (name escapes me) from time to time, but at least those shows seem to mix it up more than Sports Center and First NBA Take do.

I realize that they have the NBA contract and are pimping it, but I wonder if there are places that actually like the NBA on a level that jives with ESPN's level of coverage. I honestly don't know coz I've lived here for the past 20 years and have no other context at this point.

My dad is the absolute only Bucks fan that I know and he lives in Florida. Madison gives a rip about the Bucks and the NBA as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Granted, I don't live in an NBA market, but I can't think of a single friend, co-worker or associate who cares about or ever mentions the NBA.

I also don't live in a MLB, NFL or NHL market and know lots of people who care about and talk about those sports.

There's a certain disconnect between my sports life and what I see on the rare occasion that I tune into ESPeN.

Full disclosure, I do usually have Mike & Mike on in the morning and watch PTI and the preceding show (name escapes me) from time to time, but at least those shows seem to mix it up more than Sports Center and First NBA Take do.

I realize that they have the NBA contract and are pimping it, but I wonder if there are places that actually like the NBA on a level that jives with ESPN's level of coverage. I honestly don't know coz I've lived here for the past 20 years and have no other context at this point.

My dad is the absolute only Bucks fan that I know and he lives in Florida. Madison gives a rip about the Bucks and the NBA as far as I can tell.
                It is very rare that I see an NBA fan in the Twin Cities, and when we do see them, we ridicule them for their stupidity.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  It is very rare that I see an NBA fan in the Twin Cities, and when we do see them, we ridicule them for their stupidity.
                  Try working in downtown Minneapolis. They're around, just not in large enough numbers to fill the Target Center.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

As a teacher I've noticed that the kids LOVE the NBA. It's sad but true that the NBA and its players are money making and rating getter.

Gonna be fun to see what FoxSports 1 does with hockey. Because Fox Sports Radio does just as much NHL coverage as ESPN
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

As a teacher I've noticed that the kids LOVE the NBA. It's sad but true that the NBA and its players are money making and rating getter.

Gonna be fun to see what FoxSports 1 does with hockey. Because Fox Sports Radio does just as much NHL coverage as ESPN
                      Do you sub in Eden Prairie, Wayzata, Edina, and Maple Grove, or Robinsdale, Fridley, Columbia Heights and Brooklyn Park?
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Throw in Mounds View, Shoreview, North Oaks, New Brighton.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

I know Onrait and O'Toole are big hockey guys as per their experience of TSN, but I doubt they'll have much pull.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            I know Onrait and O'Toole are big hockey guys as per their experience of TSN, but I doubt they'll have much pull.
                            Not sure of the author, but IIRC I saw a tweet last week that in effect said "We didn't bring Onrait and O'Toole from Canada to NOT talk hockey". Onrait tweeted this:

Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Jon Hamm hosting the ESPYs in no way feels like a guy reading cue cards of jokes that he has never seen before which other people wrote.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I actually have a compliment for ESPN. For the most part, the articles on ESPN.com are very well-written. Head over to Yahoo and it's just a mess.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X