X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    ESPN put him out there knowing what his opinion was and knowing what he would say. They wanted him to say it because it meant friction and increased ratings. For them to now apologize is laughable. For them to go any further is contemptible. I disagree with what Broussard said, but if ESPN knew what his opinion was and they didn't like it, they shouldn't have asked him.
    Or it was a setup to get him sacked, sort of like what MSNBC did to Michael Savage when he hosted The Savage Nation way back when.

Comment

Yawn, so a pampered multi-millionaire jock "comes out." So what? I'm really looking forward to the "stop the presses" moment when the first gay taxidermist "comes out." Boring.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        Yawn, so a pampered multi-millionaire jock "comes out." So what? I'm really looking forward to the "stop the presses" moment when the first gay taxidermist "comes out." Boring.
        Taxidermists have been out for years. Get with the times old man.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

You know what ESPN is? The Bleacher Report on TV...

http://deadspin.com/5948516/bleacher...for-this-story

http://www.sfweekly.com/2012-10-03/n...ws-technology/

I mean, this isn't a revelatory notion about ESPN, but this whole Tebow and coming out thing just reminded me of the above article.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Chris Broussard's apology on twitter:
            Today on OTL, as part of a larger, wide-ranging discussion on today’s news, I offered my personal opinion as it relates to Christianity, a point of view that I have expressed publicly before. I realize that some people disagree with my opinion and I accept and respect that. As has been the case in the past, my beliefs have not and will not impact my ability to report on the NBA. I believe Jason Collins displayed bravery with his announcement today and I have no objection to him or anyone else playing in the NBA.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I don't know why they allowed personal opinions of their analysis to become part of the discussion. Mistake in my mind.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Chris Broussard's apology on twitter:
                In other words...what I said he should have done in the first place. You're a reporter, Chris. Your personal beliefs have no place in what you do.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  You know what ESPN is? The Bleacher Report on TV...

http://deadspin.com/5948516/bleacher...for-this-story

http://www.sfweekly.com/2012-10-03/n...ws-technology/

I mean, this isn't a revelatory notion about ESPN, but this whole Tebow and coming out thing just reminded me of the above article.
                  This is pretty ****ing if you ask me. I'm sure real sports fans would want the SportsCenter of the mid 90s, where it was straight hi lights, analysis and the anchors didn't get in the way or become the story. I wish someone from NBCSN or CBSSN or the new Fox Sports 1 would just do a straight old-school SportsCenter.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                    This is pretty ****ing if you ask me. I'm sure real sports fans would want the SportsCenter of the mid 90s, where it was straight hi lights, analysis and the anchors didn't get in the way or become the story. I wish someone from NBCSN or CBSSN or the new Fox Sports 1 would just do a straight old-school SportsCenter.
                    The Lights on NBCSN is the best I've seen. Other than when ESPN has a live sporting event I'm interested in, it's completely obliterated all of my needs to ever tune into an ESPN network.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      The Lights on NBCSN is the best I've seen. Other than when ESPN has a live sporting event I'm interested in, it's completely obliterated all of my needs to ever tune into an ESPN network.
                      The problem is the debate, whether its about a gay basketball player or Tim Tebow or whoever, is what gets eyeballs, as much as it annoys so many of us, we are not the bottom of the sports world, we are the cream we want facts and highlights...The problem in this day and age is you can get those things with a quick search on the internet so why wait for sportscenter? People tune in to get more...and its frustrating to all of us here...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        I meant that even casual fans notice when ESPN scratches to put stuff above hockey on slow days. Even die-hard NBA fans are like "Wasn't there hockey last night?" This makes thing less obvious in the never-ending burial of the great sport of hockey.
                        My bad. Didn't see anything of the sort mentioned in the post I quoted.

In other news, same as it was three years ago: stop watching the **** channel.
                        I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

TSN anchors Onrait and O'Toole move to new Fox Sports One

Link

I may never watch ESPN again. If you are unfamiliar with these guys, Youtube has a lot of clips. It's great to see sports anchors not taking themselves too seriously.
                          Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                          sigpic
                          Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                          1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                            TSN anchors Onrait and O'Toole move to new Fox Sports One

Link

I may never watch ESPN again. If you are unfamiliar with these guys, Youtube has a lot of clips. It's great to see sports anchors not taking themselves too seriously.
                            I look forward to watching FS1 because of them.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The problem with FS1 is that it's going to be on the sports package or high-end digital cable packages if it's taking over Speed. That alone probably spells doom for the channel. NBCSports Channel? Everyone knows it. When's the last time you watched something on the CBSSports Channel?

I'm a pretty big sports fan, hate ESPN, and have no intention of upgrading my cable package to watch it.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                The problem with FS1 is that it's going to be on the sports package or high-end digital cable packages if it's taking over Speed. That alone probably spells doom for the channel. NBCSports Channel? Everyone knows it. When's the last time you watched something on the CBSSports Channel?

I'm a pretty big sports fan, hate ESPN, and have no intention of upgrading my cable package to watch it.
                                Actually, wish satellite TV, NBC sports is on relatively high tiers.

Comment

Working...
                                X