X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Well, yes and no. He wasn't put on the show to say, "HOOORAYYYYY FOR GAYYYYYYYYYY!!!"
    All he has to say is something generic about how it takes courage in this day and age to come out as an active player and that he wishes him luck next season and so on. He doesn't need to go into how he's not a big fan of the fanny bandits.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      All he has to say is something generic about how it takes courage in this day and age to come out as an active player and that he wishes him luck next season and so on. He doesn't need to go into how he's not a big fan of the fanny bandits.
      That would be compromising his personal beliefs. Even if I don't agree, I can't go along with that. Generic statement? Yes. Say something you truly, wholeheartedly, don't believe in? Nope.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        That would be compromising his personal beliefs. Even if I don't agree, I can't go along with that. Generic statement? Yes. Say something you truly, wholeheartedly, don't believe in? Nope.
        This was my sentiment as well.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          What part of that is compromising? Since he's gay this Collins dude isn't allowed to have a successful career? And you can't argue with the fact that what he did took guts.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

What part of that is compromising? Since he's gay this Collins dude isn't allowed to have a successful career? And you can't argue with the fact that what he did took guts.
            Broussard should have said my generic quote: "I do not personally believe in the gay lifestyle." That's it.

Collins deserves to have a chance at a successful career. I don't care if he's gay. Read my *ing posts. I don't give two sh* who is gay or not. Or even who supports gays or not. Can you do your job? Yes? You're hired. Can we find a less expensive player that can do your job? Sorry, but you're gone, he's hired.

I think I have been very clear on this.

The "compromising" part was on saying that Broussard should have said something that he did not believe in.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Like dx said...saying "It takes courage and I wish him luck" is not what he was brought on to say. They knew his thoughts on it and put him on to share those thoughts. Whoever's brainchild that was, and the higher ups that OK'd it are the ones to blame here...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The whole Tebow thing and the Collins thing was like Christmas Day to the mothership. They didn't have to acknowledge the NHL playoffs.

(Like they would anyways.)
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                  The whole Tebow thing and the Collins thing was like Christmas Day to the mothership. They didn't have to acknowledge the NHL playoffs.

(Like they would anyways.)
                  If ESPN wasn't going to acknowledge the NHL playoffs anyway, what difference did any Tebow or Collins news make?

As usual, your joke is a bad one.
                  I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

I assume Chris Broussard has been just as vocal that extramarital sex is an "an open rebellion to God" - especially having children out of wedlock. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                      If ESPN wasn't going to acknowledge the NHL playoffs anyway, what difference did any Tebow or Collins news make?

As usual, your joke is a bad one.
                      I meant that even casual fans notice when ESPN scratches to put stuff above hockey on slow days. Even die-hard NBA fans are like "Wasn't there hockey last night?" This makes thing less obvious in the never-ending burial of the great sport of hockey.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        I assume Chris Broussard has been just as vocal that extramarital sex is an "an open rebellion to God" - especially having children out of wedlock. Right?
                        Yes, actually, he did.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Yes, actually, he did.
                          Really? He accused about 99% of the league as committing an "open rebellion to God"? In those words? And all those players were cool with it?

Gosh, it's a shame someone so pure has to make his living surrounded by all those people who hate God so much. You'd think he would put his considerable talents to use in another line of work where people are more accepting of his religion.

ETA: Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
                          Last edited by Priceless; 04-30-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Really? He accused about 99% of the league as committing an "open rebellion to God"? In those words? And all those players were cool with it?

Gosh, it's a shame someone so pure has to make his living surrounded by all those people who hate God so much. You'd think he would put his considerable talents to use in another line of work where people are more accepting of his religion.
                            Lots of today's problems can be traced to kids born/raised in single parent households.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

ESPN apologizes:
                              "We regret that a respectful discussion of personal viewpoints became a distraction from today’s news," the statement said. "ESPN is fully committed to diversity and welcomes Jason Collins' announcement."
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                ESPN apologizes:
                                ESPN put him out there knowing what his opinion was and knowing what he would say. They wanted him to say it because it meant friction and increased ratings. For them to now apologize is laughable. For them to go any further is contemptible. I disagree with what Broussard said, but if ESPN knew what his opinion was and they didn't like it, they shouldn't have asked him.

Comment

Working...
                                X