This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

*****http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/funny-pics-uk.png******

Not directly ESPN related, but still amusing.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      *****http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/funny-pics-uk.png******

Ha!
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Is that a Wild-Panthers game? I don't even know if I could watch that. Though it appears the football game is Chiefs-Titans so maybe.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I don't know if this has been discussed or not in this thread, so forgive me if I'm bringing up old stuff. And, I know the MLB season is a couple months off, but I was wondering what you all think of ESPN's "Strike Zone Box?" The one that they hang right over home plate in front of the catcher. I cannot watch ESPN MLB broadcasts when they use this--they don't use it all the time. But, to me, it is annoying and distracting, and I want them to remove it from in front of the catcher. I was wondering what the consensus among the rest of you is regarding ESPN's use of the "Strike Zone Box?" I've tried e-mailing ESPN to no avail.
          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
            I don't know if this has been discussed or not in this thread, so forgive me if I'm bringing up old stuff. And, I know the MLB season is a couple months off, but I was wondering what you all think of ESPN's "Strike Zone Box?" The one that they hang right over home plate in front of the catcher. I cannot watch ESPN MLB broadcasts when they use this--they don't use it all the time. But, to me, it is annoying and distracting, and I want them to remove it from in front of the catcher. I was wondering what the consensus among the rest of you is regarding ESPN's use of the "Strike Zone Box?" I've tried e-mailing ESPN to no avail.
            It's just another way of trying to tell the umpires that they suck (when in all reality, they do OK). It'll probably become the norm, just like the first down line. Thankfully the annotated puck didn't get far.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
              Funny how that box often doesn't line up with the top of the zone as it's written in the rule book... Also, how exactly do they know where the ball is in relation to the plate (referring to the distance between the pitcher and catcher) on the given pitch in question?

Having personally spoken with several MiLB and MLB umpires on that issue, it's pretty informative... Many would be shocked at how god awful ESPN's zone is when specifically compared to the current generation of QWEST-tech, which is in place at all MLB games... Just to give you an idea, notice how often the ESPN box agrees with the commentators and how often is disagrees with the ump...

For me, it just further insinuates how much of a scapegoat officials have become and how little recognition they actually get for being **** good at what they do... Complete garbage...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

It's a good thing Lin-sanity has broken out; whatever else would SptCtr have to drone on endlessy about?
                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

I'm so tired of ESPN trying to draw comparisons between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow. Let's break this down, shall we?

Draft Status/Contract:
                  - Tim Tebow was a 1st round draft pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. He came out of a known football powerhouse, Florida. He made close to $1.3 million in 2010.
                  - Jeremy Lin was undrafted out of Harvard in the 2010 NBA Draft. The last time a Harvard player was in the NBA was in 1954. He is making $762,000 this season.

Becoming a Starter:
                  - Tim Tebow became a starter due to fan outcry when the Broncos got off to a slow start. And Elway caved to them.
                  - Jeremy Lin became a starter due to Stoudamire & Anthony being out of the lineup. No one in NY was petitioning the Knicks to see him.

Playing Style:
                  - Tim Tebow is godawful for 3 quarters and somehow finds the dumb luck to wind up downfield in the 4th quarter so Jason Elam can kick a field goal.
                  - Jeremy Lin is actually playing WELL. To compare him to Tebow, Lin would have to have 3 TOs and go 2-14 from the floor every night. But one of the two buckets he hits has to be the game winner.

So they actually only have ONE thing in common. And that is how ESPN is going to overhype this poor kid until everyone in the country hates his guts...just like Tim Tebow.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Jason Elam?
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Jason Elam?
                      Oops. Matt Prater. What year is this?

Comment

I had to shut it off this morning with the whole "Linsanity" 24/7 coverage. Now they are working Tebow into the story also.

I imagine they'll find a way to work Lin and Tebow (especially) into Yanks/Sox coverage over the summer.

Can't deal with them any more...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          I had to shut it off this morning with the whole "Linsanity" 24/7 coverage. Now they are working Tebow into the story also.

I imagine they'll find a way to work Lin and Tebow (especially) into Yanks/Sox coverage over the summer.

Can't deal with them any more...
                          Sometimes I'm glad that hockey is not covered by ESPN.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            Sometimes I'm glad that hockey is not covered by ESPN.
                            It would be, if Tebow was to star in a charity hockey game. They would be there with an HD truck to produce the **** thing.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I saw the story tonight where Lebron James says he'd be open to being a Cavalier again someday. I have a heck of an idea. When he becomes a free agent, he and the Cavs can agree on a contract, but no one can sign it until after the huge ESPN special, "Dan Gilbert: The Vote." You see, everyone who attended a Cavs game that previous season gets to vote on whether or not they'd like to see Lebron back. At the special, they reveal the results. If the fans voted "no," Lebron has to take his talents somewhere else...you clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                I saw the story tonight where Lebron James says he'd be open to being a Cavalier again someday. I have a heck of an idea. When he becomes a free agent, he and the Cavs can agree on a contract, but no one can sign it until after the huge ESPN special, "Dan Gilbert: The Vote." You see, everyone who attended a Cavs game that previous season gets to vote on whether or not they'd like to see Lebron back. At the special, they reveal the results. If the fans voted "no," Lebron has to take his talents somewhere else...you clown.
                                That could be fun. I could see em telling everybody to make sure they save their game tickets the year before, and then when they do the vote, each game ticket counts as a vote. Season Ticket Holders would get like what, 41 votes for each home game. And all of the guys who got a ticket for a single game would have one vote in as well. It could be quite funny for turn things around on Lebron like that. He would pretty much have to run a political campaign to get back into Cleveland.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X