X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    I used to watch every SC because it was on, I would deal with the pumpkin pushing...but now that I have the sports package on cable I don't watch anymore. Why do that when I can watch NBC SN, CBS SN, MLB or NHL N?
    Unfortunately, the TVs that I'm around in the morning (kitchen & bedroom) only have expanded basic. Digital is only in the great room and basement. So I'm stuck with Sportscenter (NBA & Tebow!) or Mike & Mike.

Mike & Mike it is. They're tolerable, I'm just sick of the Tebow circle-jerk. Earlier in the year it was All Vick, All The Time!

Comment

Today on First Take:

Jemelle Hill says the Colts should take RG3 because he's black. Ok, she didn't come out and say it, but it's the reason why.
      Then more Tebow talk! This time going in depth on God and how it affects his game.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Mike & Mike it is. They're tolerable, I'm just sick of the Tebow circle-jerk. Earlier in the year it was All Vick, All The Time!
        I don't mind Mike & Mike. One just has to keep in mind that they have drank the Mothership's Kool-aid so there is going to be that overtone on what they are covering. They get good guests for the most part so that is the main reason why I listen to them.

They are better than that jerk-off Colin Cowherd.
        My Four Favorite teams:
        RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
        Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          I think I'd chose silence or whatever Law and Order re-run TNT is showing in the morning.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            I'd say that they should do an hour roundtable on concussions, but it's hard to do a roundtable when you have only 3 people with hockey knowledge.
            Steve Young could be their 4th.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Today on First Take:

Jemelle Hill says the Colts should take RG3 because he's black. Ok, she didn't come out and say it, but it's the reason why.
              Then more Tebow talk! This time going in depth on God and how it affects his game.
              Let me guess...a person named Jemelle might be black?
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                Her hatred goes beyond race. She goes for ethnicity, city of origin...anything to throw a wedge into an issue. Why ESPN still employs her is beyond me.

Jemele once compared rooting for the Celtics to rooting for Hitler (in WW2) or the Russians (Cold War). She also encouraged Packers fans to throw batteries at Brett Favre when he returned to Lambeau as a Viking. She has a rather lengthy history if you care to use Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                  She is a sportswriter who loves to pull out the racism card on almost any issue, and when she doesn't lay it on the table she'll try to sneak it into the deck (ala the RG3 topic). She is probably the worst journalist out there, but she brings controversy which brings ratings, so that's why they keep her.

Unfortunately she went to MSU. Luckily she doesn't promote it very often.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Jemele once compared rooting for the Celtics to rooting for Hitler (in WW2) or the Russians (Cold War).
                    So she's right occasionally.
                    Old Monster Records

Comment

Nice article here about the mothership becoming too big for it's britches.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...ood-thing.html

Also, I understand the need to show the last playoff encounter between the Giants and Niners to give background, but to give it 3 minutes is a little insane. Anything to keep the NHL off I guess.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

ESPN still recognizing Fighting Sioux as UND's nickname. Said it on the Not Top Ten during the post game fight with Minnesota. Not really a complaint, I think it's pretty cool actually.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Chris Kluwe has taken aim at Skip Bayless on Twitter, and he's not pulling any punches. It is quite awesome.

"I mean, how much horse cock do you have to gargle to be that bad at your job @RealSkipBayless? #thatshowyoutrollsomeone #icandothisallday"
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Ha! I love Kluwe.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Suggs also told him to stop being a ********* on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Ha! I love Kluwe.
                                I'd like to have a beer with Kluwe just to hear some of his thoughts.
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X