X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Again, that's barely even controversial. Evidence Cowherd has a big mouth without a filter? Yes. Fireable offense? Hardly. Maybe if he made a crack about an NFL player.
    ESPN was getting enough complaints that their inbox was full for days.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      ESPN was getting enough complaints that their inbox was full for days.
      So now they are a legit news source? Just saying....
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        So now they are a legit news source? Just saying....
        Not when they have to say dumb things like "previously reported by Yahoosports.com" because they got beaten to a story. You shouldn't be getting scooped by an offshoot of a website when you claim to be the "worldwide leader." They looked like total doofuses biffing on the whole Nevin Shapiro/Miami story. I take ESPN about as seriously as I take news coming out of WWE. When I see it happen, I believe it.

In fact, all sports media is like that. For instance, when KFAN employees got all butthurt because listeners were skeptical of the whole "mystery text says Favre is retiring" story from a year and a half ago. Guess what? He didn't retire and they looked like morons. A message to all media members: do some actual WORK with some REAL sources and maybe you'll be taken seriously.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          Not when they have to say dumb things like "previously reported by Yahoosports.com" because they got beaten to a story. You shouldn't be getting scooped by an offshoot of a website when you claim to be the "worldwide leader." They looked like total doofuses biffing on the whole Nevin Shapiro/Miami story. I take ESPN about as seriously as I take news coming out of WWE. When I see it happen, I believe it.
          They've learned from those mistakes. Anyone who breaks a story is now "sources" who tell their reporter something - even if the "source" is a reporter for a rival news organization and they are reporting it - then said reporter "confirms" the report.

Comment

This could be old news, I haven't been watching too much TV this week, but SportsCenter's "List" this morning included Belak, Rypien, Boogaard, and Lokomotiv. Glad it took their own anchor calling them out to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              This could be old news, I haven't been watching too much TV this week, but SportsCenter's "List" this morning included Belak, Rypien, Boogaard, and Lokomotiv. Glad it took their own anchor calling them out to change that.
              Did Bucci call them out?

Is there vid of it?
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                Did Bucci call them out?

Is there vid of it?
                It was in a Tweet that was deleted later. Priceless posted it earlier in this thread
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Many years ago I was discussing cable prices with my old man. I was for the a la carte transition myself until he explained how cable pricing works. It became readily apparent that a la carte would only cost more for less. That said, cable is becoming almost obscenely expensive.
                  I'll take ala carte. There's no way I'd pay for any of the ESPN's. Give me USA, TNT, FX, Comedy Central, Food Network, AMC, CMT, GAC, NHL, NBC Sports Net, and Fox Sports and I'll be very happy. Oh, and whatever channel Hoarders and Storage Wars is on.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    It was in a Tweet that was deleted later. Priceless posted it earlier in this thread
                    Wonder if he got sent to the gulag for that? Also, ESPN really did a nice job of burying the Winter Classic. Nothing changes I guess.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I didn't expect to see coverage of the Canada/Russia classic or Emeril Lagasse making seafood gumbo on Sportscenter this morning. Guess which one made it?
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        I didn't expect to see coverage of the Canada/Russia classic or Emeril Lagasse making seafood gumbo on Sportscenter this morning. Guess which one made it?
                        "Renown chef" Emeril Lagasse, as the graphic said. What a bizarre segment.

Comment

Last night on twitter John Bucigross posted a link to his latest "blogumn" and said something like "There. 3000 words on hockey. You can't say ESPN doesn't give you hockey info" or words to that affect. Wish I could find 140 characters or less to say "Great, 3000 in an online column. Big whoop. You know what would have been better? 30 seconds of air coverage on SportsCenter instead of Emeril Lagasse." Someone here should be able to do that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Last night on twitter John Bucigross posted a link to his latest "blogumn" and said something like "There. 3000 words on hockey. You can't say ESPN doesn't give you hockey info" or words to that affect. Wish I could find 140 characters or less to say "Great, 3000 in an online column. Big whoop. You know what would have been better? 30 seconds of air coverage on SportsCenter instead of Emeril Lagasse." Someone here should be able to do that, right?
                            I responded: 3000 words? Wonders never cease! Just out of curiosity, how many words have been written/spewed on #ESPN re: NBA ?

Comment

You know what I realized? A great example of how ESPN covers only what they show on their network. How little mention the Cotton Bowl is getting. Sure, its not what it once was, but the teams are higher ranked than two of the BCS bowl games.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Haha, I love how ESPN had Erin Andrews embedded with the LSU buses and had a chopper following them as they left Baton Rough and headed toward NOLA.
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X