X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    I put this on my facebook. Props to them. I also told one of my friends who does an internet radio show (Jimmy Church) and he's not too happy about either. Last week, he equated ESPN with North Korean TV.
    Last edited by MountieBoyOz; 12-27-2011, 11:52 AM.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
      Last week, he ewuated ESPN with North Korean TV.
      The crazy thing? That's not as melodramatic of a comparison as you might think.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        That really set me off this morning. I can't believe they glossed over it.

BTW: Could you post that complaint on here? Thanks.

EDIT: I may have missed it, but was there any mention of Belak, Boogard or Rypien?
        Not a single hockey player was mentioned.

Comment

Here's the video of my boy's rant.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

So how many of you will be supporting NBC Sports starting on January 2nd?

The more important question is how many of you will start complaining that NBC Sports Network has too much Bull Riding, Fishing, Hunting, Skiing/Action Sports, etc.... We can't have it both ways folks...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

About as much as I support ESPN now. I can't stand Versus until they have the Tour on every summer. I can't stand ESPN until they have College Football on, then I watch it religiously. I haven't watched a Sportscenter since my sophomore year in college.

NBC Sports is not destined to fail. It's destined to be a pathetic rebranding of Versus which was a pathetic rebranding of the Outdoor Life Network (which was just a pathetic channel to begin with). The ratings will probably see a spike for the first few months then slowly return to that of Versus. Things won't change, ESPN will still be king, and we will all still be on here b*tching about ESPN.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

The more important question is how many of you will start complaining that NBC Sports Network has too much Bull Riding, Fishing, Hunting, Skiing/Action Sports, etc.... We can't have it both ways folks...
                False. It is not possible to have too much bull riding or too much hunting.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

ESPN back in it's infancy had fringe sports on TV all they time. They had to acquire property and that's what NBC is doing. They'll have MLS and they got more college sports coming. They have to build from the ground up. I say they need to let more of the stuff on Universal (Rugby) to trickle down to NBC SN.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

If they have a SportsCenter type show that covers everything I will put up with that being shown. After all, wasn't that stuff on ESPN in the golden days?

I guess the hard part will be getting my roommate to switch. He is an ESPN slave. It's always on, as in 100% of the time. I wondered how First Take was still on the air, or how they can have three NFL shows with the exact same content. People like him are the reason why. Even though Tim Tebow has literally been the only topic, and it's been the exact same argument from both sides for the last three weeks on that show, he was watching. I don't know if ESPN is good at knowing what people want, or the more likely: they are so good at pushing what they want that it soon becomes what we want.

More surprising than the lack of hockey players on that list, is the lack of players in general. Were there really only eleven people of sports prominence that died this year?
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

They didn't include the Oklahoma State women's b-ball coaches either. Apparently plane deaths don't count.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        ESPN back in it's infancy had fringe sports on TV all they time. They had to acquire property and that's what NBC is doing. They'll have MLS and they got more college sports coming. They have to build from the ground up. I say they need to let more of the stuff on Universal (Rugby) to trickle down to NBC SN.
                        The problem is, this is what Versus did and so far it's gone nowhere.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Puck Daddy blog is covering the omissions of Lokomotiv, Belak, Boogaard and Rypien.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp20822

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            About as much as I support ESPN now. I can't stand Versus until they have the Tour on every summer. I can't stand ESPN until they have College Football on, then I watch it religiously. I haven't watched a Sportscenter since my sophomore year in college.

NBC Sports is not destined to fail. It's destined to be a pathetic rebranding of Versus which was a pathetic rebranding of the Outdoor Life Network (which was just a pathetic channel to begin with). The ratings will probably see a spike for the first few months then slowly return to that of Versus. Things won't change, ESPN will still be king, and we will all still be on here b*tching about ESPN.
                            Vs. already has programming that talks about sports that aren't on Vs (Pro Football Talk) or on NBC (basketball creeps into some of the news shows as it is).

In theory, the rebranding will bring about a move away from outdoorsman programming and more sports news. I don't think we're talking about something as simple as the OLN/Vs change a few years back.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Deadspin is now on the case.

http://deadspin.com/5871347/

Comment

Versus/NBC doesn't need to "build from the ground up" with fringe sports at this point.

They need to outbid ESPN/FOX/CBS for a few mainstream sports. The 8 Thursday night NFL games next year, one of the baseball packages, the Big East football/basketball contracts that are coming up. That sort of stuff.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X