X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
    John Buccigross will occasionally give subtle college hockey references in his broadcasts.
    Every time he talks about hockey, he sounds like he's a kid in school telling a secret that he was sworn not to tell. He's hoping management doesn't catch him talking about the sport and force him to cover rodeo.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
      Every time he talks about hockey, he sounds like he's a kid in school telling a secret that he was sworn not to tell. He's hoping management doesn't catch him talking about the sport and force him to cover rodeo.
      Thats why I follow him on twitter LOL. He gives 10 obscure facts from the world of sports every morning. On average, 6 are about hockey even on a post-NFL Monday

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        They have an exclusive agreement with Dish Network for the NFL ticket, charging a crapload to watch all the games. Well, with my sports package, I get something like 10 extra channels, which includes RedZone, for about $8/month. So I see all the stuff I want to see on RedZone for a lot cheaper (free in my mind, since I got the package to ensure I get extra college hockey games on the FSNs).
        NFL Sunday Ticket is Directv, sports pack for me went up the instant RedZone was added to it...granted I haven't paid it yet but I will eventually.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Ha! What did she say? Something like "thanks for listening!!!!"?
          Basically, yes.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            Basically, yes.
            Probably a canned response.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I think she's just ecstatic that someone was dumb enough to listen to her show for the past three months.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                The ESPN Hierarchy of Sports Coverage:

1. NFL
                2. NBA
                3. College basketball/football
                4. MLB
                5. Neckcar
                6. Golf
                7. Tennis
                8. College sports
                9. Useless drivel talk shows
                10. NHL
                11. National Spelling Bee
                I thought Brett Favre was #1 followed by the NFL then Bron-Bron being #3 followed by the NBA at #4.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I think she's just ecstatic that someone was dumb enough to listen to her show for the past three months.
                  It's either her or that obnoxious guy with the annoying voice and Rob Dibble on Fox Sports Radio.

Comment

Nice job showing as little hockey as possible. Jeff Skinner wasn't worthy of a top rookie candidate and Maya Moore was?

Dude Love, I'd take FSR over that dreck any day of the week. So glad the media group I work for switched from ESPN because the mothership was asking for a 50% raise of license fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      It's either her or that obnoxious guy with the annoying voice and Rob Dibble on Fox Sports Radio.
                      I miss Tony Bruno. that was a great show. With plenty of hockey coverage.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        I miss Tony Bruno. that was a great show. With plenty of hockey coverage.
                        Was it you who retweeted that Bucci tweet where a guy chastised ESPN for not including any hockey players in their deceased players rollcall? Beyond disrespectful of ESPN. What a bunch of tools. And you know it hurt Bucci's feelings when he was made aware of the omission. He's the only guy there who really gives a crap about the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          Was it you who retweeted that Bucci tweet where a guy chastised ESPN for not including any hockey players in their deceased players rollcall? Beyond disrespectful of ESPN. What a bunch of tools. And you know it hurt Bucci's feelings when he was made aware of the omission. He's the only guy there who really gives a crap about the sport.
                          If an entire European team of hoops players, including former NBA stars, died in a plane crash ESPN would blow it off too. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            If an entire European team of hoops players, including former NBA stars, died in a plane crash ESPN would blow it off too. Right?
                            There would have been a 24-hour SportsCenter to talk about it. Mike and Mike would be talking about how "everybody" is talking about it. Skip Bayless would argue that they belong in the Hall of Fame.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              That really set me off this morning. I can't believe they glossed over it.

BTW: Could you post that complaint on here? Thanks.

EDIT: I may have missed it, but was there any mention of Belak, Boogard or Rypien?
                              Last edited by MountieBoyOz; 12-26-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Flyers fans do something right.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...ts-we-will-not
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X