X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    NFL is like 1-8. I'm convinced that ESPN is most of the reason why the NFL network struggles the most of the 4 "sports league" networks to gain subscribers despite the sport being #1 by far nationwide in fan interest.

Why do I need a channel that talks all NFL all the time? I've already got one.
    No kidding. Cable provider finally added NFL Net in August and I'd honestly say the time I've spent watching anything other than live football on it is under an hour. Love me some RedZone though.

Comment

Anything that will boost their own ratings is ahead of other sports. Which is pretty much anything but hockey. Remember when the BCS was on Fox? ESPN was pretty clear the the Non-AQ "Little Guy" should get a shot. Now its...well...SEC is the best and Non AQs are Non AQs for a reason.

I wish VS/NBC Sports Network would step up and create something. I always wished VS. would partner with Yahoo Sports. I think an alternative to Sportscenter, that shows highlights and recaps of EVERY sport will do quite well.
      Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
      1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
      2006-2007: 15-24-2
      2007-2008: 20-20-4
      2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
        I wish VS/NBC Sports Network would step up and create something. I always wished VS. would partner with Yahoo Sports. I think an alternative to Sportscenter, that shows highlights and recaps of EVERY sport will do quite well.
        That, or the four letters would go all out and start the OCHO, and have it focused on nothing but minor league sports and mid major college sports.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

SportsCenter having a top ten today of best alley oop tandems in NBA history was pretty laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            NFL is like 1-8. I'm convinced that ESPN is most of the reason why the NFL network struggles the most of the 4 "sports league" networks to gain subscribers despite the sport being #1 by far nationwide in fan interest.

Why do I need a channel that talks all NFL all the time? I've already got one.
            That, and the NFL gives away RedZone, which is like the best of everything if you want to follow all the games. Why should I only watch 1 game, when I can sit at home and get the best of all of them?
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              I saw this as your Facebook status and it made me laugh. She seems to make a comment similar to that every show.

I guess that is why she working the late night shift
              Actually, it was Twitter. And she tweeted me back. lol
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                That, and the NFL gives away RedZone, which is like the best of everything if you want to follow all the games. Why should I only watch 1 game, when I can sit at home and get the best of all of them?
                How exactly is NFL giving away RedZone? Although I've never understood why they made it a separate channel.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Did you guys know that the Giants vs. Jets is like the most important game ever!!!!!!!! Seriously, with the amount of coverage this game gets you would think it was for home field advantage or something. Does anyone that is not either from NY or a fan of those teams even care they are playing?
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Did you guys know that the Giants vs. Jets is like the most important game ever!!!!!!!! Seriously, with the amount of coverage this game gets you would think it was for home field advantage or something. Does anyone that is not either from NY or a fan of those teams even care they are playing?
                    Care? I didn't even know they're playing.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I care what Hakeem Nicks and Shon Greene do...does that count?
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        Actually, it was Twitter. And she tweeted me back. lol
                        Ha! What did she say? Something like "thanks for listening!!!!"?
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

They don't even play in NY!!! The Bills are NY's team!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            They don't even play in NY!!! The Bills are NY's team!
                            I agree

(one of my best friends is from Rochester and loves the Bills)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              How exactly is NFL giving away RedZone? Although I've never understood why they made it a separate channel.
                              They have an exclusive agreement with Dish Network for the NFL ticket, charging a crapload to watch all the games. Well, with my sports package, I get something like 10 extra channels, which includes RedZone, for about $8/month. So I see all the stuff I want to see on RedZone for a lot cheaper (free in my mind, since I got the package to ensure I get extra college hockey games on the FSNs).
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

John Buccigross will occasionally give subtle college hockey references in his broadcasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X