X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    The sound you hear is Gary Bettman jumping out of a window.
    Because he did so much with the head start he got.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      That mythical QB would have been scared off by death threats (or actually killed) long before reaching the NFL. There are Muslims in the NFL, they just have enough sense not to make a public display of their faith.
      Peter King would have a hearing. Herman Cain would promise he would ban them from playing in the NFL. You know, just to "be sure."

Tebow's not mocked because of his religion -- it seems like a majority of TD's carry some sort of look skyward or whatever. He's mocked because he makes a spectacle of himself. Er, Himself.

*****http://rantsports.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/redzonetalk/files/2011/10/Tebowing.jpg******
      Last edited by Kepler; 11-28-2011, 01:53 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The sound you hear is Gary Bettman jumping out of a window.
        Why? He's a freaking NBA plant. He's probably celebrating with Stern as we speak.

Comment

I guess LeBron's flag football game is more important than the B's and the Leafs. I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm still annoyed.
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

http://m.deadspin.com/5864525/charle...n-in-the-world

Ha!
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              If #2 is Colin Cowherd, Sir Charles is my new hero.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Looks like all is back to normal at the mothership as Preseason NBA once again trumps the NHL.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Anyone listen to ESPN Radio? Amy Lawrence has to be the dumbest human being alive. She's kicked off every Sunday night show for the last 3 months by saying "Boy! The NFL sure is unpredictable!"
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Looks like all is back to normal at the mothership as Preseason NBA once again trumps the NHL.
                    Sadly, that gets better ratings than the NHL. I wish it was the opposite. So many areas of the US don't care about hockey.
                    Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    Anyone listen to ESPN Radio? Amy Lawrence has to be the dumbest human being alive. She's kicked off every Sunday night show for the last 3 months by saying "Boy! The NFL sure is unpredictable!"
                    I saw this as your Facebook status and it made me laugh. She seems to make a comment similar to that every show.

I guess that is why she working the late night shift
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The ESPN Hierarchy of Sports Coverage:

1. NFL
                      2. NBA
                      3. College basketball/football
                      4. MLB
                      5. Neckcar
                      6. Golf
                      7. Tennis
                      8. College sports
                      9. Useless drivel talk shows
                      10. NHL
                      11. National Spelling Bee
                      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Soccer and Spelling Bee should be ahead of the NHL.

Comment

That's not true. The useless drivel talk shows are easily #1. Just at what SportsCenter has turned into.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Poker is also ahead of NHL.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

NFL is like 1-8. I'm convinced that ESPN is most of the reason why the NFL network struggles the most of the 4 "sports league" networks to gain subscribers despite the sport being #1 by far nationwide in fan interest.

Why do I need a channel that talks all NFL all the time? I've already got one.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                NFL is like 1-8. I'm convinced that ESPN is most of the reason why the NFL network struggles the most of the 4 "sports league" networks to gain subscribers despite the sport being #1 by far nationwide in fan interest.

Why do I need a channel that talks all NFL all the time? I've already got one.
                                They probably want to make all the people that used to work for ESPN that now work for the NFL Network unemployed. The mothership is very vindictive like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X