X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
    His being a terrible quarterback turns me off.
    That's fine by me, as long as he's not on my team.

Comment

I'm sorry I've been so stupid. I've suffered a great personal loss and I'm dealing with it by lashing out at everyone. I'll leave everyone alone.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

ESPN has Ryan Leaf live in studio. For what reason? I have no freakin clue.
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
          Because...Ryan Leaf > Tebow...duh.
          Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
          sigpic
          Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
          1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            You can spread the word, but you don't need to tell little kids they are going to hell if they don't think the way you think. I'm OK with doing it to prisoners or to scare at-risk kids straight, but I draw the line at kids. I guess using fear is something that people of his ilk love to do. And in Tebow's world you can be a good person, that gives back, raises a family, but if they don't think the way he does then they are going to hell. I know plenty of good Muslims, Jewish and Hindu that are nice people that do wonderful things for the people, but they get cast to hell because it doesn't fit his system.
            Right, and I understand what you're saying, as I know many people of different religions that are fantastic people. But a lot of people are looking up to a guy that praises the Lord and is vocal about it. I think that's cool.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

They're trying to steal Dan Patrick's thunder?

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                I'm sorry I've been so stupid. I've suffered a great personal loss and I'm dealing with it by lashing out at everyone. I'll leave everyone alone.
                No worries. Sorry to hear about the loss.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Last I heard, he had been booted from West Texas A&M for stealing pain killers from players. He was coaching golf there and the QB coach there as well. Sure hope he did clean himself up in rehab.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    Last I heard, he had been booted from West Texas A&M for stealing pain killers from players. He was coaching golf there and the QB coach there as well. Sure hope he did clean himself up in rehab.
                    Yeah, basically he is a "Behind The Music: NFL Edition."
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Well, the rate has died down, but the trend continues elsewhere:

http://espn.go.com/espn/conversation...im-tebow-faith
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Well, the rate has died down, but the trend continues elsewhere:

http://espn.go.com/espn/conversation...im-tebow-faith
                        regular cognac > banana cognac > banana hammock > Tebow
                        hehehe.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I thought this article raised some interesting points.

What if the NFL had a Muslim quarterback, and people mocked him by miming praying to Mecca? Bet that's not funny, right?

On the other hand, like the article says, that hypothetical quarterback probably doesn't have the ardent batch of defenders Tebow has either.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post

What if the NFL had a Muslim quarterback, and people mocked him by miming praying to Mecca? Bet that's not funny, right?

On the other hand, like the article says, that hypothetical quarterback probably doesn't have the ardent batch of defenders Tebow has either.
                            Wrong, that would be just as hilarious, if not more so.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Wrong, that would be just as hilarious, if not more so.
                              Would it be viewed that way in the media as a whole though? Hell no.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post

That mythical QB would have been scared off by death threats (or actually killed) long before reaching the NFL. There are Muslims in the NFL, they just have enough sense not to make a public display of their faith. Tebow could take a lesson from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X