X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Could be, but aren't. ESPN2 was showing some sort of fitness competition. But not in like the normal violent competition that involves a ball or puck. Really weird. Especially in primetime.
    Trying to figure out who the best exerciser is ranks right up there with the spelling bee on the terrible sports list.
    This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
      I really wish someone would pick up Patrick and Rome (Patrick in particular) sometime soon. The changeover of 690 to a Hmong station was a real heartbreaker. I've been listening to Paul Allen, but in a "this is like reading the Onion" sort of way, so it doesn't really qualify as quality.
      * Rome. * him with a propane extension torch topped off with a nuclear tip. He needs to die, like now.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        * Rome. * him with a propane extension torch topped off with a nuclear tip. He needs to die, like now.
        Says the guy who likes the "Common Man"?
        I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Says the guy who likes the "Common Man"?
          Common is okay.

I. Hate that. Rometalkstheway. Hedoesnoexcuses. It'sterrible. And he. Has noinsight.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Common is okay.

I. Hate that. Rometalkstheway. Hedoesnoexcuses. It'sterrible. And he. Has noinsight.
            Common is actually better than his promos make it seem. I swear they pick the worst possible clips to use in those. I used to not like Rome and still find JRIB rather bland so I rarely, if ever watch it, but the radio Rome is a whole different deal. He interviews well and is probably at his best when he's on some kick over one of his "Guys" or something like his "Don't Mess With A Gaucho" bit. If you get the act and take it for what it is I think he can be pretty entertaining.

Maybe an odd comparison, but it seems to me that Rome is sort of like Limbaugh. Almost like you have to listen for an extended period before you get the full act. From there it can be entertaining, but without it I can see how nothing makes much sense.

The grand point with all this is that Paul Allen remains an unprofessional hack.
            Last edited by XYZ; 09-29-2011, 01:25 AM.

Comment

I get Rome. Hate him.

PA? He's fallen. He really needs a quality 2nd banana. I do like listening to him rather than Senser, Sonmor, etc (NOT GORDON) for sports.

Comment

Could be, but aren't. ESPN2 was showing some sort of fitness competition. But not in like the normal violent competition that involves a ball or puck. Really weird. Especially in primetime.
                CrossFit Games?

Comment

Do I have to annotate every reference I make.

Here's the mad man with the box line:

And now the bow ties are cool line.

And yes I'm a geek, but I don't care.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I get Rome. Hate him.

PA? He's fallen. He really needs a quality 2nd banana. I do like listening to him rather than Senser, Sonmor, etc (NOT GORDON) for sports.
                    At least PA is good for the occasional hilarious call from a Vikings game. "Why do you even ponder passing? ..."
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

I really wish someone would pick up Patrick and Rome (Patrick in particular) sometime soon. The changeover of 690 to a Hmong station was a real heartbreaker. I've been listening to Paul Allen, but in a "this is like reading the Onion" sort of way, so it doesn't really qualify as quality.
                      Wait, 690 is gone?! ****it. They were my fallback station when nothing else was on.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        At least PA is good for the occasional hilarious call from a Vikings game. "Why do you even ponder passing? ..."

Comment

I'm happier with my $15 a month. XM is a scam.
                          Huh?!

I couldn't make it through my commute without XM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Fuck. You.

Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Huh?!

No way I'm paying for radio. I'd rather listen to songs on the GPS via FM.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Huh?!

In the Twin Cities, the KQ Morning Crew (classic rock station) are the one and only morning radio, if you look at ratings. I listen to them, unless there's a song or ads, then it's the hard rock station 93X. Between those two, I enjoy my morning commute (that is about 10 minutes). Other times? It's a cd.

Comment

Working...
                                X