• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

I thought he said BOOYAH! not BOOM?
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Sweet sassy molassy?

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Oh, yeah, fortunately I had forgotten that.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Oh, yeah, fortunately I had forgotten that.
          He is cooler than the other side of the pillow

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
            The Worldwide Leader hasn't seen fit to cover the Rugby World Cup.
            I'm sort of glad I'm not being bombarded by the Australia "highlights."
            This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
              I'm sort of glad I'm not being bombarded by the Australia "highlights."
              PPV and Universal Sports. Right now they're running the replay of Australia - USA

however, if you're North of the Border, TSN is covering it, free.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I think Bodyshaping was on at 10 AM back in the day.
                kiana tom!!!

dang boy, you got me!!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  PPV and Universal Sports. Right now they're running the replay of Australia - USA

however, if you're North of the Border, TSN is covering it, free.
                  I was disappointed with the way NBC decided to approach it this year. Decent amount of games on VS in '07 if I remember correctly.

Comment

I thought it was going to be a good thing when they went to live SportsCenters. But it has made them worse. Few highlights, filler interviews. I just want highlights ****it! I guess they would say watch ESPNEWS. Not sure if The Final Score is on FSN anymore, that was show was good.

I do love JRIB, PTI, (if I watched baseball as much as I used to Baseball Tonight was fantastic), College Gameday, Outside the Lines, The Experts, and many 30 for 30 movies. They have one on Steve Bartman on Tuesday, that should be great.

Side note, I would watch more NHL Network...but I feel like it is the worst of the Four major sports networks...

ESPN is NFL Network 2. I am glad Minnesota has the KQ Morning show and the Power Trip Morning show.
                    Last edited by Biddco; 09-24-2011, 08:16 AM.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      I thought it was going to be a good thing when they went to live SportsCenters. But it has made them worse. Few highlights, filler interviews. I just want highlights ****it! I guess they would say watch ESPNEWS. Not sure if The Final Score is on FSN anymore, that was show was good.

I do love JRIB, PTI, (if I watched baseball as much as I used to Baseball Tonight was fantastic), College Gameday, Outside the Lines, The Experts, and many 30 for 30 movies. They have one on Steve Bartman on Tuesday, that should be great.

Side note, I would watch more NHL Network...but I feel like it is the worst of the Four major sports networks...

ESPN is NFL Network 2. I am glad Minnesota has the KQ Morning show and the Power Trip Morning show.
                      Final Score was cancelled earlier this summer.

I'm loving the new LeBatard show. I always thought the best PTI combo was him and TK. I recently dumped the NHL Network even though I loved their highlight show that used the real game coverage/announcers for the highlights without someone talking over it. NHLN was the only channel in the extra sports package for $10 which I dropped in protest when my bill went up by that same amount. BBTN is great with Berthiaume, terrible with Ravech.
                      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                      sigpic
                      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

I did find something that ESPN is good for this weekend. Driving across Wisconsin on Saturday afternoon, listening to ESPN radio for constant college football updates/highlights on all of the games.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Honestly, since The Big Show went off the air I haven't watched Sportscenter at all. I take that back, when it's on the TVs in the restaurant on Fridays when we all go out for lunch I watch it. I haven't watched MNF since John Madden retired (had nothing to do with him, but it's just gone downhill since then).

I still think Baseball Tonight is good. College Gameday is the only show I make a point to watch.

I listen to Mike and Mike on the radio on the radio during the drive in because nothing better is on.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I listen to Mike and Mike on the radio on the radio during the drive in because nothing better is on.
                            How bad does the radio suck where you are? Do the other stations feature Fran Drescher reading Black Eyed Peas lyrics? Or is it worse: Black Eyed Peas songs?
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              How bad does the radio suck where you are? Do the other stations feature Fran Drescher reading Black Eyed Peas lyrics? Or is it worse: Black Eyed Peas songs?
                              Might as well. I know I'm going to hear shrill screams of: Half-assed Morning Show, KQ, or Powertrip but none of those are even remotely entertaining. Half-assed might be but they only do a short sports segment.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I always liked the half-assed morning show back when I was in the Twin Cities. Then again, I was a teenager and therefore stupid.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X