This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Back then I watched Sportscenter 5-6 times a day, while I was in college. My roommates would scream at me "YOU JUST WATCHED THIS AN HOUR AGO!! IT'S NOON!! NOTHING CHANGED IN THE LAST HOUR!!" I would tell them that when you watch the exact same SC a second time, you pick up something you missed the first time. A roommate watched an 11 AM Sportscenter and then the noon one. He realized what I was talking about, but he still gave me **** about it.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Back then I watched Sportscenter 5-6 times a day, while I was in college. My roommates would scream at me "YOU JUST WATCHED THIS AN HOUR AGO!! IT'S NOON!! NOTHING CHANGED IN THE LAST HOUR!!" I would tell them that when you watch the exact same SC a second time, you pick up something you missed the first time. A roommate watched an 11 AM Sportscenter and then the noon one. He realized what I was talking about, but he still gave me **** about it.
      good. cause if you told me you watched regis and kathy lee from 10a-11a i woulda yelled at you!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        When did you study?? Is this like repeating a course?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Let's see. There were two episodes between 11 AM - 1 PM. There was a couple episodes at dinner time. There was always one around 11 PM, and if I was still up, I'd watch the one at 2 or 2:30 AM, too. It wasn't overly difficult. There was plenty of time in the evenings.
          Last edited by Hammer; 09-22-2011, 07:39 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            good. cause if you told me you watched regis and kathy lee from 10a-11a i woulda yelled at you!
            I think Bodyshaping was on at 10 AM back in the day.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I barely even watch MNF anymore unless the Packers are playing, they've overhyped/ruined the game so much.

Did anyone read Those Guys Have All The Fun? ESPN was going to get SNF and MNF after getting into a bidding war with CBS over SNF. Then at the last minute NBC comes in out of nowhere and snatches it up, possibly a payback for ESPN completing a sneaky deal for the World Cup rights. Anyway, I think it's great how SNF has become the new MNF. MNF has some terrible matchups, and SNF always has a good one, even in non-flex weeks.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Personally, ESPN the Flagship and the other channels are all too much hype for me. I would rather just get the infomation and not have it repeated 10 minutes later when its a Huge STORRYYY!!!!1!! I get it, Tom Brady burped, farted and then threw a touchdown. Next news story.

Personally, I think ESPN would be wise and go with what we've all been craving ever sense Dodgeball came out. ESPN 8, the OCHO. A whole branch of the Network decated to smaller sports, Minor Leagues and the Mid Majors. Basically if its covered on the Flagship, the OCHO doesn't hype it. They're off talking about Arena League Football, the AHL, and taking about college sports from the schools that are not in the BCS. I bet that network could really be good if they do it right, something that's not synergistic with ESPN, and they would really groom some great on air talent that way.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

The Worldwide Leader hasn't seen fit to cover the Rugby World Cup.
                  Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Surprised they haven't brought up the Simmonds thing to paint hockey fans as racist. They just love to cover the McSorely and Chris Simon incidents with gusto to show the game is barbaric and this would be up their alley.

And the Rugby World Cup should be covered too. Even if they just mentioned to US games. Hence, another reason that I wish I could get TSN, The Score and Rogers.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Is that annoying guy with the lazy eye that always said BOOM still on? Damm that guy was annoying.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Is that annoying guy with the lazy eye that always said BOOM still on? Damm that guy was annoying.
                        Jon Stewart?
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Jon Stewart?
                          No not that one, the one I'm thinking of has a better tan.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Stuart Scott.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Stuart Scott? He's still there.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Yep. Him.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X