X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    If ESPN has really gotten that bad, why don't you guys do like I do and simply not watch the network? Really, the only time it's on is if there's a game that I want to see. I'd bet it's been close to ten years since I've watched SportsCenter or any of ESPN's other shows.
    The only thing I'll watch with any kind of consistency is PTI, and that's only if Kornheiser and Wilbon are both doing the show. Sportscenter is a shell of itself, and for any news on the major sports, I'll watch their networks instead. Once in a while I'll watch ESPNews if they're doing highlights. The only other people I'll watch on ESPN are John Clayton, Chris Mortenson, and Sal Palantonio. Any other of the magpies and I'm reaching for the remote again.

Oh, and BRETT FAVVRRREEEE!!!!
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

It's like having a place to Complain About Smallpox. Where do you begin?

Take off and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        The only thing I'll watch with any kind of consistency is PTI, and that's only if Kornheiser and Wilbon are both doing the show. Sportscenter is a shell of itself, and for any news on the major sports, I'll watch their networks instead. Once in a while I'll watch ESPNews if they're doing highlights. The only other people I'll watch on ESPN are John Clayton, Chris Mortenson, and Sal Palantonio. Any other of the magpies and I'm reaching for the remote again.

Oh, and BRETT FAVVRRREEEE!!!!
        While you were asleep, ESPN inserted Derek Jeter into your spinal fluid, an ideal growth medium for his thousands of scalpel-toothed larvae.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If I hear about a big highlight, I'll watch to see said highlight. Otherwise, I may tune into NFL Live, or if there is nothing on, Sportscenter in the background. I've accustomed myself to pay attention if certain things I'm interested in come up, and I ignore the rest. Call it the "6 NFL games at once at Old Chicago Syndrome."

Honestly, I would rather just watch ESPNews, since they usually don't have too much filler between the actual sports news.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'll watch college football, GameDay, CWS, Fr4 if I'm not there, MNF, and PTI.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              If ESPN has really gotten that bad, why don't you guys do like I do and simply not watch the network? Really, the only time it's on is if there's a game that I want to see. I'd bet it's been close to ten years since I've watched SportsCenter or any of ESPN's other shows.
              It's pretty easy for me to skip, since I don't like football. I don't watch ESPN leading up to or during football season unless an actual baseball game is on - otherwise, I watch Sunday morning SportsCenter and that's it. I stick to MLB Network and NHL Network, since those are the sports I care about, and I like the MLB guys better anyway.

Remember when SportsCenter was must-see TV with Dan and Keith? I watched it every night. They were like rock stars. Who the hell are the people on there now? Sage Steele, that can't be your real name.

Comment

I like ESPN3 and the ability to stream sports to my TV, PC or Phone. So I don't hate ESPN.

As far as the broadcast channels, PTI, a bit of SC and an actual sporting event is all I tune in for anymore.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                  Remember when SportsCenter was must-see TV with Dan and Keith? I watched it every night. They were like rock stars. Who the hell are the people on there now? Sage Steele, that can't be your real name.
                  Sure do. Back when I was in college, me and my friends would always make sure to catch the Big Show. That was when ESPN was good and Sportcenter was not only good news it was an event every night.
                  My Four Favorite teams:
                  RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                  Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

How about the website? Anyone on there that is consistently worth reading? One of the few regular features I will always read is Uni Watch. I may read other articles pertaining to my favorite teams but the writing is usually terrible.

Comment

Linda Cohn has been dead to me since the NHL lockout.
                      They showed some great college highlights, including a great penalty shot. When they were over, she said, "God I miss the NHL."
                      Eff. You.
                      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

the only reason I don't absolutely hate ESPN with all of my guts is because it airs College Football, Monday Night Football, as well as College Gameday, the best show on the network.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                          How about the website? Anyone on there that is consistently worth reading? One of the few regular features I will always read is Uni Watch. I may read other articles pertaining to my favorite teams but the writing is usually terrible.
                          As an avid College Football guy, big Hawkeye Fan, I read the BigTen Blog on there, and actually it keeps me entertained and busy. I enjoy reading it, and do so daily. The bloggers have some pretty decent stuff, and, just like I am, they're sick of all the expansion talk as well.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

...and they show too much hannah storm. and she wears skirts that are too short! and i see too much boobage. this is bad, very bad.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              With no hoops to cover, ESPN will become the NFL Network 2. It's going to be a fun month after the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by jen View Post
                              It's pretty easy for me to skip, since I don't like football. I don't watch ESPN leading up to or during football season unless an actual baseball game is on - otherwise, I watch Sunday morning SportsCenter and that's it. I stick to MLB Network and NHL Network, since those are the sports I care about, and I like the MLB guys better anyway.
                              I would say that for the most part ESPN and especially Sunday SportsCenter is the NFL Network 2. They expanded the NFL countdown show to 3 hours now starting at 10:00 EST. So since I don't need that much NFL pre-game, I switch over the the ESPN2 SportsCenter and see they're blathering about nothing but the NFL there as well for virtually the entire show. Wouldn't you figure if you wanted the NFL wall-to-wall like I guess most people who watch ESPN (and on a related topic ALL PEOPLE who listen to ESPN Radio) you would just tune into the Sunday NFL Countdown show? Then they could actually do a SPORTScenter for the rest of us on ESPN2. Last I checked there was baseball, auto racing, tennis, and a host of other things to cover. Hell, even NHL pre-season and the NBA lockout.

But I have stumbled upon a perfect solution: I rarely watch the WWL unless they are showing an actual live sporting event.

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                                Sure do. Back when I was in college, me and my friends would always make sure to catch the Big Show. That was when ESPN was good and Sportcenter was not only good news it was an event every night.
                                The Big Show was appointment television for me. They covered EVERYTHING in that show, and Dan and Keith (and Craig Kilborn from time to time.) like each other. It was awesome until the network sucked the life out of everything.
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X