This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Just because we do it enough on this board, we may as well have a place to pool our sad, bitter loathing of The Corporate Whores of Bristol.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uprox*****/2011/09/what-the-f-k-is-this-espn.html
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

I'll open the bidding with Dan Lebatard. Any network that is willing to give him his own show needs to have their FCC license revoked.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'll raise it with the complete cold shoulder they've turned to the National Hockey League. I can imagine the quandary they are going to be in when they are no NBA games to drool over.

And Hammer... that show makes me want to claw my eyes out.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Anything with that rat in it makes me involuntarily reach for the remote and change the channel.

Who thought it was a good idea to put this imbecile on the air MORE? At least they only have Skip Bayless on the air in the morning, where he can't hurt anyone because most people are at work. Between that and Mike and Mike (Mike "I play foo-baww" Golic and Mike "I have a hangnail, and my penis fell off in 1987" Greenberg), I'm glad I leave the house at 7:30 AM.
        Last edited by Hammer; 09-21-2011, 07:53 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Not enough Steven a smith
          Not enough bayliss
          not enough Simmons dad
          Too much hockey coverage
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Between that and Mike and Mike (Mike "I play foo-baww" Golic and Mike "I have a hangnail, and my penis fell off in 1987" Greenberg), I'm glad I leave the house at 7:30 AM.
            Thank goodness I finally discovered tha Milwaukee has a decent local sports radio morning show so I could stop listening to Mike and Mike. Golic just makes the most moronic arguments you'll ever hear, but then Greenberg follows it up with one of his "you hate quarterbacks" bits and I end up wishing I could punch someone through a radio.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I listened to Detroit sports radio for about a decade at the office. The last three years or so, it got really stale, and at times unprofessional, so I switched to XM radio since one was given to me. I tried listening to ESPN Radio, but about 2 days of Mike and Mike, and Cowherd broke me of that really quick. Now I flip back and forth between Bloomberg Radio and MLB Radio. I'm trying (and not succeeding) to avoid programs with callers, as most are idiotic as well. The hosts at MLB aren't too bad for the most part, with the exception of Rob Dibble (at times), and Jim Bowden (who needs to be beaten in the head with a boat paddle).

The only radio personality I liked at ESPN was Mike Tirico, but since he left the show with Scott Van Pelt, I don't go there either.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                I'll raise it with the complete cold shoulder they've turned to the National Hockey League. I can imagine the quandary they are going to be in when they are no NBA games to drool over.

And Hammer... that show makes me want to claw my eyes out.
                College football, college basketball, Extreme Games, vintage poker, a nightly NBA lockout show, and bowling. The list is endless. We could go back to "StarShot". And how about the ESPN Curling Classic??

I listen to TSN1050 out of Toronto in the AM via the internet. Only way to get an AM hockey fix.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

With no hoops to cover, ESPN will become the NFL Network 2. It's going to be a fun month after the Super Bowl.

For those who watch/listen to Mike & Mike because they feel they don't have a choice, try the Dan Patrick Show on DirecTV 101 and various Fox Sports/Comcast affiliates around the country.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    College football, college basketball, Extreme Games, vintage poker, a nightly NBA lockout show, and bowling. The list is endless. We could go back to "StarShot". And how about the ESPN Curling Classic??

I listen to TSN1050 out of Toronto in the AM via the internet. Only way to get an AM hockey fix.
                    Don't forget 9-ball in the afternoons and World's Strongest Man Competition-circa 1978. Gotta love 350lb guys pulling Buicks across a parking lot using only their gums.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      I listened to Detroit sports radio for about a decade at the office. The last three years or so, it got really stale, and at times unprofessional, so I switched to XM radio since one was given to me. I tried listening to ESPN Radio, but about 2 days of Mike and Mike, and Cowherd broke me of that really quick. Now I flip back and forth between Bloomberg Radio and MLB Radio. I'm trying (and not succeeding) to avoid programs with callers, as most are idiotic as well. The hosts at MLB aren't too bad for the most part, with the exception of Rob Dibble (at times), and Jim Bowden (who needs to be beaten in the head with a boat paddle).
                      110% agree with you about any sort of show with callers.

Comment

I love some of the MLB callers.

"Ah wuz wonderin'....is Chippa Jones a Hall of Famer? After all, he's had just as good a career as Hank Aaron, seein' as how he does have as many rings as Aaron. I'll hang up and listen....."

God, that was fun...

Comment

At least Jim Rome talks hockey on a decent basis. A good bonus to my honeymoon was getting to listen to Canadian sports talk radio and watching The Score, TSN and Rogers Sportsnet. The main crux of my NHL rants is that the league was the first to give ESPN a big contract and then the network screws them after helping put them on the map as a sports entity.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

If ESPN has really gotten that bad, why don't you guys do like I do and simply not watch the network? Really, the only time it's on is if there's a game that I want to see. I'd bet it's been close to ten years since I've watched SportsCenter or any of ESPN's other shows.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              If ESPN has really gotten that bad, why don't you guys do like I do and simply not watch the network? Really, the only time it's on is if there's a game that I want to see. I'd bet it's been close to ten years since I've watched SportsCenter or any of ESPN's other shows.
                              That's all I really watch the network is for the games. If I have the option, I'll watch the regional sports network on here the game on the radio. I'm just more annoyed that just because the network hold broadcasting rights means they will get more coverage than some other sport that doesn't. That's even if the story in the other sports is a heck of a lot bigger than the one they make their "lead."

Comment

Working...
                              X