X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almington
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Do you think Skip Bayless ever feels bad he gave up on real journalism to be a one-trick pony?

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 11h
    The Patriots are even better than they were last year.

If the Patriots need to win one game without Brady, I'd bet on Tebow far more than I would on Ryan Mallett.

Tebow can't run Brady's offense but he can win games in the NFL when they're on the line.

Not a good night for Tebow. Ran strong yet this time no spread option called for him. WHY NOT? 2 near-miss bullets, one awful overthrow INT.
    He may, until he checks in bank account, then I doubt he cares.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

I just happened to land on Sports Center last night while flipping and they were talking NFL so I lingered.

Then they went to their fantasy consultant to ask about the value of a 2nd or 3rd string running back on whatever team they were talking about...

News flash. Not everyone plays fantasy football. I can zone out and sit through an occasional NBA segment or even the latest non-story about Rex Ryan or Timothy, but I can't tolerate men in suits on my TV breaking down fantasy football.

'CLICK!'
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 08-17-2013, 09:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Do you think Skip Bayless ever feels bad he gave up on real journalism to be a one-trick pony?

The Patriots are even better than they were last year.

If the Patriots need to win one game without Brady, I'd bet on Tebow far more than I would on Ryan Mallett.

Tebow can't run Brady's offense but he can win games in the NFL when they're on the line.

Not a good night for Tebow. Ran strong yet this time no spread option called for him. WHY NOT? 2 near-miss bullets, one awful overthrow INT.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    The cabinet? Was the fridge full?
    Not full...just a lot more space.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    it's hung on my cabinet not my fridge you stupid shmuck!
    The cabinet? Was the fridge full?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Heh. I still have part of the article where Barreiro referred to a certain "chowderhead" in the Star Tribune years ago. I had called into KFAN about a Twins thing, and it somehow made it into the paper.

Leave a comment:

• bueller
    replied

So, you're all saying I should have made more of an effort to save my TMQ appearance last year?

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by dirty View Post
    so it's sort of like submitting a question to russo in the hope he answers it in one of this articles so you can cut it out and hang it on your fridge. Man, how lame do you have to be to do something like that?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    No, it's a viewer hook for the younger audience. Those kids and younger adults think that there's a chance something they submitted will make the broadcast, give them some thrill of seeing their name and words splashed across the screen for all to see. The twatter feed is pure audience retention.
    Back before Twitter and when the ESPN message boards were just starting up, my comment was featured on the primetime Sportscenter about the Michael Vick story. I didn't even get to see it. There was a bunch of people the next day congratulating me and telling me they saw my comment up there. I was ****ed.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Especially one "Jenny" who actually KNOWS her sh*. Since she played hockey and all. And her brother is in the college ranks...
    And the lovely miss Kaylin...who of course went to St. Cloud State.

I know zero about Angie. Rag on her all you want.

Leave a comment:

• XYZ
    replied

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ngle_page=true

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    No, it's a viewer hook for the younger audience. Those kids and younger adults think that there's a chance something they submitted will make the broadcast, give them some thrill of seeing their name and words splashed across the screen for all to see. The twatter feed is pure audience retention.
    So it's sort of like submitting a question to Russo in the hope he answers it in one of this articles so you can cut it out and hang it on your fridge. Man, how lame do you have to be to do something like that?

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

I've seen them read twitter on post game shows...its a time killer is all.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    How is a commercial bumper the same as a half an hour of someone reading Twitter?
    I've seen them read twitter on post game shows...its a time killer is all.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Sweet Jeebus. I didn't even consider that it was an Onion article. I had this great rant typed up and read your post before I hit send. It's terribly sad I didn't, even for a moment, think that this could be satire.
    The "Los Angeles" made me do a double take on it, since I would think any news article re: ESPN would be out of Bristol, CT. Otherwise, another great Onion prank.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X