Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    They are about to finish the BPL so they can eliminate anyone tied to soccer until the World Cup...maybe even past that...
    After 2014 the World Cup will mean nothing to the mothership, but they can shell out all this cash on taking the X Games to Rio or Barcelona.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

    2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

    Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

    "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

    Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

    Comment


    • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

      Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
      After 2014 the World Cup will mean nothing to the mothership, but they can shell out all this cash on taking the X Games to Rio or Barcelona.
      They say the layoffs are in the technology department. Guess instead of computer graphics, we'll get a whiteboard with scores?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

      ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

      Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

      I want to live forever. So far, so good.

      Comment


      • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

        Originally posted by joecct View Post
        They say the layoffs are in the technology department. Guess instead of computer graphics, we'll get a whiteboard with scores?
        Or what BBC used to do on Grandstand when they had a chalkboard with all of the soccer results.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

        2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

        Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

        "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

        Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

        Comment


        • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

          Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          Or what BBC used to do on Grandstand when they had a chalkboard with all of the soccer results.
          If it means no Barry Melrose during the five minutes each year the four letter mogul owned by Disney gives college hockey each season, I'm all for it.

          Comment


          • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

            Wait a second. I thought they just cut a bunch of jobs?

            http://deadspin.com/espn-is-now-hiri...pply-509485801
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

            2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

            Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

            "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

            Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

            Comment


            • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

              Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
              Wait a second. I thought they just cut a bunch of jobs?

              http://deadspin.com/espn-is-now-hiri...pply-509485801
              Yes. It's called "business." No news here, IMO.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

              Comment


              • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

                Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Yes. It's called "business." No news here, IMO.
                I understand, but it's pretty scummy of them. It's not like they were hurting because they made RECORD PROFITS last year. If you wanted to cut their pay just ask them and I'm sure some would've taken one for the team. But let's expand the X Games brand to continents that don't even follow it.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

                2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

                Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

                "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

                Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

                Comment


                • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

                  Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                  Wait a second. I thought they just cut a bunch of jobs?

                  http://deadspin.com/espn-is-now-hiri...pply-509485801
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Yes. It's called "business." No news here, IMO.
                  Then there's this...
                  UPDATE, 5:02 p.m.: We've been told that the dates on ESPN's job listings site refreshes automatically every day, which means the dates listed on the site do not reflect when the job was actually posted. So, there weren't suddenly 66 job listings posted yesterday. A quick check of Disney's site—which actually does post dates—indicates that only six jobs have opened up since May 21, the day we first heard about the job cuts. Our sources continue to insist that many laid off jobs will be replaced by younger/cheaper talent, so we'll keep our eyes open. We regret the error.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

                  Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

                  Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

                  Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

                  Comment


                  • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

                    Dear ESPN,

                    I don't need to every detail why Dwight Howard is going to the Rockets. There's plenty of other stuff going on.

                    Signed,
                    Sane sports fans
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

                    2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

                    Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

                    "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

                    Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

                    Comment


                    • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

                      Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                      Dear ESPN,

                      I don't need to every detail why Dwight Howard is going to the Rockets. There's plenty of other stuff going on.

                      Signed,
                      Sane sports fans
                      Right, like they're going to stoop to talking about hockey free agency??
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

                      It just happens.


                      nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

                      leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

                      Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

                      Comment


                      • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

                        Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        Dear ESPN,

                        I don't need to every detail why Dwight Howard is going to the Rockets. There's plenty of other stuff going on.

                        Signed,
                        Sane sports fans
                        Well it's because he says it's the "best fit." Which is pretty much what he said when he signed with the Lakers. That was his "dream."

                        Of course the real reason he signed with the Rockets is that he LOOOOOVES attention. He's basically the hot girl with zero personality every dweeby high school kid wants to take to prom....only to realize later that she's an idiot and is a terrible kisser.
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

                        It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

                        The 2009 Poser of the Year

                        Comment


                        • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

                          Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                          Right, like they're going to stoop to talking about hockey free agency??
                          Right, as if mountieboy would stoop to stop watching a useless network he never ceases *****ing about?
                          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

                          Comment


                          • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

                            Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                            Right, as if mountieboy would stoop to stop watching a useless network he never ceases *****ing about?
                            Again, I work in a sports department and I was told check the Nationwide race. The whole two minutes I was watching was Howard didn't stay with the Lakers because blah blah blah or Howard told people he didn't want to be Kobe's second banana and Steve Nash is old blah blah blah. Nothing else was on that bottomline for that two minutes even though there was MLB going on and NHL free agency. I'd welcome mindless NFL stuff at the point. Lay off for once, X. You complain about my complaining so that makes you just as bad if not worse than me.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

                            2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

                            Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

                            "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

                            Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

                            Comment


                            • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

                              Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              Again, I work in a sports department and I was told check the Nationwide race. The whole two minutes I was watching was Howard didn't stay with the Lakers because blah blah blah or Howard told people he didn't want to be Kobe's second banana and Steve Nash is old blah blah blah. Nothing else was on that bottomline for that two minutes even though there was MLB going on and NHL free agency. I'd welcome mindless NFL stuff at the point. Lay off for once, X. You complain about my complaining so that makes you just as bad if not worse than me.
                              Lay off for once? M? I lay off for months at a time yet you never stop *****ing about the same thing. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Don't gripe at me because I have the audacity to point it out. It's comical. Lot of places to check on that Nationwide race, M. But if you're going to **** and moan for years on end about relying on the ESPN you seem to loathe so much despite being incapable of weening yourself from its teet, it shouldn't come as a surprise that people tell you either stop watching or to shut the hell up. M.
                              Last edited by XYZ; 07-06-2013, 12:39 AM. Reason: Rogue apostrophe.
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

                              Comment


                              • Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

                                Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                                Lay off for once? M? I lay off for months at a time yet you never stop *****ing about the same thing. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Don't gripe at me because I have the audacity to point it out. It's comical. Lot of places to check on that Nationwide race, M. But if you're going to **** and moan for years on end about relying on the ESPN you seem to loathe so much despite being incapable of weening yourself from its teet, it shouldn't come as a surprise that people tell you either stop watching or to shut the hell up. M.
                                ESPN Still Sucks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X