X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    From a thread in the D-I forum:
    I guess we had to see it coming. The ratings are so bad that unless you have more than basic cable, you're stuck watching Colin Cowherd be a dick on TV instead of the first semi.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      I guess we had to see it coming. The ratings are so bad that unless you have more than basic cable, you're stuck watching Colin Cowherd be a dick on TV instead of the first semi.
      Would love for NBC to get the rights and put it on NBC SN to give it the love it deserves.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

ESPN and the NCAA renewed thru 2024. I give it to 2016 before the hockey semi and title games are ESPN3 WatchESPN only.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...hrough+2023-24
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

If that, aparch.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
            A friend who watches both football and basketball pointed out that Kurt Warner is a much more fitting comparison.
            Warner is a GREAT comparison! Except the whole Jesus thing.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

It would help if College hockey shifted the date of the Frozen Four to where its not going head to head with the Masters. a week or two later in the season would at least make it harder for ESPN to not have it on at least the Deuce. Then you're past the Masters, the college basketball Final Four, and well, after every team gets thru their opening day, there's not a huge demand to see afternoon baseball games other than at sports bars.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

There are contracts involved. To get the good stuff, ESPN HAS to show the other stuff (see: college hockey). While it won't disappear, and it may be harder to find, it will be televised in some way.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Unless ESPN is some sort of charity now, I'm not too outraged.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                    Unless ESPN is some sort of charity now, I'm not too outraged.
                    Of course not. It's just capitalism at work.

Comment

In a related story, ESPN announces its changing its name to BSPN.

Welcome to the Basketball ++++ Programming Network.

Comment

ESPN = "Entertainment & Sports Programming Network"
                        WWE = Sports Entertainment

So why aren't the results of Monday Night Raw announced on SportsCenter?
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post

Because Monday is a school night, so most of the people who care are in bed.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post

I'm surprised the WWE isn't given more time than the NHL.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

The WWE would hit too close to home for ESPN, or they probably would.

"Huh, something that appears to be a sport but is completely scripted and fake and done for ratings."

Who else does that sound like?
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                The WWE would hit too close to home for ESPN, or they probably would.

"Huh, something that appears to be a sport but is completely scripted and fake and done for ratings."

Who else does that sound like?
                                The NBA.

So does this make the Buffalo Bills the Barry Horowitz of pro sports?

Comment

Working...
                                X