X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Okay, I confess: I love their commercials.

That preview frame sort of gives away the joke, but it's still pretty good.
    Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 09-06-2012, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CLS
    replied

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    At work putting together the paper and ESPN leads SportsCenter with Preseason football over the Olympics, PGA and MLB.

I should be used to it by now.
    Surely they found time for discussion of the latest whiny NBA multimillionaire fugging his team and their fans.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

At work putting together the paper and ESPN leads SportsCenter with Preseason football over the Olympics, PGA and MLB.

I should be used to it by now.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Yeah, but usually they'll change the wording around a little...this was verbatim. The SportsCenter host may as well have been reading right off this guy's website.
    TV sports guys are getting lazy. The Brewers SB Nation site has a "stat of the day" in their game previews, and for almost a month, the stat of the day on the Brewers TV broadcast was the same thing, right up until the day where they accidentally got the stat wrong and had to correct it later in the day. Whoops.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Anytime ESPN gets scooped, it's according to "sources", with the exception of a couple of their radio guys who will actually say who the report is from.
    Yeah, but usually they'll change the wording around a little...this was verbatim. The SportsCenter host may as well have been reading right off this guy's website.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Anytime ESPN gets scooped, it's according to "sources", with the exception of a couple of their radio guys who will actually say who the report is from.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Let's see if anyone can spot the similarities....

This is from the 10PM SportsCenter last night:
    Orlando Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan met with the franchise's disenchanted superstar Dwight Howard today in Los Angeles and according to sources, Hennigan traveled to LA to have this face-to-face discussion with Howard with the hopes of persuading him back off his trade request and allow the organization more time to build a championship contender. Hennigan was unsuccessful in his pitch however, as Howard reiterated his desire to leave Orlando as soon as possible.
    This is a news story posted on RealGM.com last night at 8:52PM EDT:
    Orlando Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan met with the franchise's disenchanted superstar Dwight Howard on Wednesday in Los Angeles, sources have confirmed to RealGM. Hennigan traveled to Los Angeles to have a face-to-face discussion with Howard with the hopes of persuading him to back off his trade request and allow the organization more time to build a championship contender. Hennigan, however, was unsuccessful in his pitch as Howard reiterated his desire to leave Orlando as soon as possible, according to sources.
    From Deadspin

pla·gia·rism   [pley-juh-riz-uhm, -jee-uh-riz-] Show IPA
    noun
    1. an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne. Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off.
    2. a piece of writing or other work reflecting such unauthorized use or imitation: “These two manuscripts are clearly plagiarisms,” the editor said, tossing them angrily on the floor.
    Last edited by Priceless; 07-26-2012, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

From "Pearls Before Swine"

*****http://assets.amuniversal.com/3faddfa08c05012f2fe200163e41dd5b******

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

I've noticed the Tour didn't get any play despite it being the main attraction after the All-Star game.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Mind you, I'm sane enough not to be watching or to even have turned on the TV today, but...

..is there anything more "ESPN" then the day-long masturbatory dealings of the "ESPY's" on one of the days where there isn't jack squat in sports on TV as it is?

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

First Take replay on! Cuban coming up next! Thankfully he's on within the first half hour because I don't think I could have waited into hour number two for him, this show is awful.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless

Hey, @mcuban: Impressed you're taking the challenge to debate me face to face, today in Miami, 10:45 E, ESPN2. Looking very forward to it.
    ----

Well Skip, that worked out really well, didn't it?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I said this in the NBA thread, but he offered better analysis in that clip than ESPN's insiders (forget their talking heads). Not that I spend much time watching them, but from what I've seen he blows them all out of the water. It'll be interesting to see if that is enough to make ESPN's viewers realize that these guys really are a bunch of blowhards who don't offer very good analysis or information. As Cuban says, speaking in generalities. I have read Cuban's blog and I follow him on Twitter and he's very impressive. I concur with MBO: Get this guy in the NHL.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Get Mr. Cuban an NHL team... STAT!

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Mark Cuban is fantastic.

http://deadspin.com/5920535/mark-cub...hing-its-hosts