• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XYZ
    replied
    Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    Again, I work in a sports department and I was told check the Nationwide race. The whole two minutes I was watching was Howard didn't stay with the Lakers because blah blah blah or Howard told people he didn't want to be Kobe's second banana and Steve Nash is old blah blah blah. Nothing else was on that bottomline for that two minutes even though there was MLB going on and NHL free agency. I'd welcome mindless NFL stuff at the point. Lay off for once, X. You complain about my complaining so that makes you just as bad if not worse than me.
    Lay off for once? M? I lay off for months at a time yet you never stop *****ing about the same thing. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Don't gripe at me because I have the audacity to point it out. It's comical. Lot of places to check on that Nationwide race, M. But if you're going to **** and moan for years on end about relying on the ESPN you seem to loathe so much despite being incapable of weening yourself from its teet, it shouldn't come as a surprise that people tell you either stop watching or to shut the hell up. M.
    Last edited by XYZ; 07-06-2013, 12:39 AM. Reason: Rogue apostrophe.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
    Right, as if mountieboy would stoop to stop watching a useless network he never ceases *****ing about?
    Again, I work in a sports department and I was told check the Nationwide race. The whole two minutes I was watching was Howard didn't stay with the Lakers because blah blah blah or Howard told people he didn't want to be Kobe's second banana and Steve Nash is old blah blah blah. Nothing else was on that bottomline for that two minutes even though there was MLB going on and NHL free agency. I'd welcome mindless NFL stuff at the point. Lay off for once, X. You complain about my complaining so that makes you just as bad if not worse than me.

Leave a comment:

• XYZ
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Right, like they're going to stoop to talking about hockey free agency??
    Right, as if mountieboy would stoop to stop watching a useless network he never ceases *****ing about?

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Dear ESPN,

I don't need to every detail why Dwight Howard is going to the Rockets. There's plenty of other stuff going on.

Signed,
    Sane sports fans
    Well it's because he says it's the "best fit." Which is pretty much what he said when he signed with the Lakers. That was his "dream."

Of course the real reason he signed with the Rockets is that he LOOOOOVES attention. He's basically the hot girl with zero personality every dweeby high school kid wants to take to prom....only to realize later that she's an idiot and is a terrible kisser.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Dear ESPN,

I don't need to every detail why Dwight Howard is going to the Rockets. There's plenty of other stuff going on.

Signed,
    Sane sports fans
    Right, like they're going to stoop to talking about hockey free agency??

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Dear ESPN,

Signed,
    Sane sports fans

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Wait a second. I thought they just cut a bunch of jobs?

http://deadspin.com/espn-is-now-hiri...pply-509485801
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Yes. It's called "business." No news here, IMO.
    Then there's this...
    UPDATE, 5:02 p.m.: We've been told that the dates on ESPN's job listings site refreshes automatically every day, which means the dates listed on the site do not reflect when the job was actually posted. So, there weren't suddenly 66 job listings posted yesterday. A quick check of Disney's site—which actually does post dates—indicates that only six jobs have opened up since May 21, the day we first heard about the job cuts. Our sources continue to insist that many laid off jobs will be replaced by younger/cheaper talent, so we'll keep our eyes open. We regret the error.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I understand, but it's pretty scummy of them. It's not like they were hurting because they made RECORD PROFITS last year. If you wanted to cut their pay just ask them and I'm sure some would've taken one for the team. But let's expand the X Games brand to continents that don't even follow it.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Or what BBC used to do on Grandstand when they had a chalkboard with all of the soccer results.
    If it means no Barry Melrose during the five minutes each year the four letter mogul owned by Disney gives college hockey each season, I'm all for it.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    They say the layoffs are in the technology department. Guess instead of computer graphics, we'll get a whiteboard with scores?
    Or what BBC used to do on Grandstand when they had a chalkboard with all of the soccer results.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

After 2014 the World Cup will mean nothing to the mothership, but they can shell out all this cash on taking the X Games to Rio or Barcelona.
    They say the layoffs are in the technology department. Guess instead of computer graphics, we'll get a whiteboard with scores?

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    They are about to finish the BPL so they can eliminate anyone tied to soccer until the World Cup...maybe even past that...
    After 2014 the World Cup will mean nothing to the mothership, but they can shell out all this cash on taking the X Games to Rio or Barcelona.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Despite record-breaking profits, ESPN feels the need to lay off 400 people. Stay classy.

http://www.newsma*****/TheWire/espn-...5/21/id/505646

I'd say the first cuts would be the hockey department, but they haven't had one in years.
    They are about to finish the BPL so they can eliminate anyone tied to soccer until the World Cup...maybe even past that...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X