X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

This made my day. Well done everyone
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      A few of my favorites:

Stephen Hawking's 40 yard dash time > Tebow

Shawn Kemp's ability to pay child support >Tebow

Al Bundy's 4 TD game > Tebow

Casey Anthony > Tebow (not even the worst one)
      Al Bundy's 4-TD game is one of the funniest things I have read in a while. Other than that, I guess I don't have anything against Tebow and honestly, I'm more sick of the fan vitriol spewed at him than I am with the media's love fest for him.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
        Saw another article about Tebow go up on ESPN. It already has about 1400 posts in the comments section. One of three things is going to have to happen. ESPN will do nothing (except delete a few really nasty ones), or they will have to remove all comments sections (because if they do it on Tebow only articles people will still do it on other articles) or they will have to stop writing about Tebow....fingers crossed for the last option.
        Last week: Tebow's awesome! Write more articles!

This week: Oh no! Tebow sucks! Write more articles!

At least this week's articles will be accurate.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Al Bundy's 4-TD game is one of the funniest things I have read in a while. Other than that, I guess I don't have anything against Tebow and honestly, I'm more sick of the fan vitriol spewed at him than I am with the media's love fest for him.
          His being in your face about religion turns people off. I'll compare to another devout QB in Kurt Warner. He had faith, but he didn't have to shove it in my face. He knew there was a time and place for everything. Tebow would do well to talk to Warner about it.
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            His being in your face about religion turns people off. I'll compare to another devout QB in Kurt Warner. He had faith, but he didn't have to shove it in my face. He knew there was a time and place for everything. Tebow would do well to talk to Warner about it.
            I love the argument that he doesn't proselytize. Really? Kornheiser said that on PTI and I wanted to throw something at my TV.

Almost every athlete has faith we just don't hear about it all the time. In fact, you rarely hear about. I wouldn't have guessed the Ferraro twins were religious and I was around them constantly, but every night after practice they went to Mass. They didn't come into the locker room and preach and they didn't make a big deal of it in the media. It was something very personal to them as it is with most athletes (and most people in general). Tebow and people like him make it very public.

Comment

His being a terrible quarterback turns me off.
              Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
              Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
              sigpic
              Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
              1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

He's a Gator. FSU fans hated him before it was cool to hate Tebow. /hipster'd
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Why does being open about your faith and 'spreading' the word of God to people seem so negative?

As a christian I like that he shows his faith in God, and that he's open about it.

Believe it or not though, I'm not a Tebow guy. He's an overrated quarterback and the media has such a love fest for him it's unbelievable. He's a phenomenal college QB, but not good in the NFL. If I eat crow someday, good for him. But I have no problem with him being open publicly with his faith. It's for once a role model showing that a professional athlete, someone millions of kids look up to, see on TV, etc also believes in Christ, and has faith in the Lord that anything can happen, etc.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    Why does being open about your faith and 'spreading' the word of God to people seem so negative?

As a christian I like that he shows his faith in God, and that he's open about it.

Believe it or not though, I'm not a Tebow guy. He's an overrated quarterback and the media has such a love fest for him it's unbelievable. He's a phenomenal college QB, but not good in the NFL. If I eat crow someday, good for him. But I have no problem with him being open publicly with his faith. It's for once a role model showing that a professional athlete, someone millions of kids look up to, see on TV, etc also believes in Christ, and has faith in the Lord that anything can happen, etc.
                    You can spread the word, but you don't need to tell little kids they are going to hell if they don't think the way you think. I'm OK with doing it to prisoners or to scare at-risk kids straight, but I draw the line at kids. I guess using fear is something that people of his ilk love to do. And in Tebow's world you can be a good person, that gives back, raises a family, but if they don't think the way he does then they are going to hell. I know plenty of good Muslims, Jewish and Hindu that are nice people that do wonderful things for the people, but they get cast to hell because it doesn't fit his system.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

So Tebow is replacing Buffalo as Oz's favorite topic to post about? I'm more turned off by that then by anything Tebow does.

Everything Else > Tebow > MountieBoyOz
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        So Tebow is replacing Buffalo as Oz's favorite topic to post about? I'm more turned off by that then by anything Tebow does.

Tebow < MountieBoyOz
                        fyp

I just don't like people who try to use religion as a club. Wars get started over this. (see The Crusades, the Intifada, the Troubles.)

And why is everyone so disrespectful of me? What did I do to you guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                          fyp

I just don't like people who try to use religion as a club. Wars get started over this. (see The Crusades, the Intifada, the Troubles.)
                          Wars are started for all sorts of reasons. Should we also never talk about women and money?
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

People who are REALLY religious fit in the same category with people who are REALLY left wing and REALLY right wing as groups who are super dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              Wars are started for all sorts of reasons. Should we also never talk about women and money?
                              There are certain things I don't talk about with my friends: religion, politics, abortion, gun control. They're just a bunch of topics that you can RABBLE RABBLE about forever and not change anyone's opinion. There's no point in even discussing them.

Comment

Too much NBA labor crap....
                                Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Working...
                                X