X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FiveHole12
    replied
    Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

Hurry... draft is soon and the season start is a week and a half away.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...44#post5500744

That is the link to the new thread, for this next season. I have a bunch of sign-up information in there. For those of you that already mentioned that you want to play in this thread, please still go and fill out the entry form. It is only 3 questions long, so it won't be too painful.

Leave a comment:

• Zudnic
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    the gf is hanging out here tonight, so I don't want to sit on the computer.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

I'll start the new thread tomorrow. I have more time between meetings at work, and the gf is hanging out here tonight, so I don't want to sit on the computer.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

I'm in again.

Leave a comment:

• Zudnic
    replied

I can take some time to help organize it. You've already put so much time into it, and it is something that I enjoy so I'll start the new thread, and get people signing up, schedule drafts etc.

I think I'm going to start the new thread in D1, probably later today. Does anyone have an objection with that? I think we'll get more participation. Also, I'm going try to emphasize that participation is a key to the success of the leagues, so we don't get no-shows on draft day and during the season. I don't know how that will work yet.

For all of you that have said you will participate in here I'll add you to the list, but I think I'll still need some more information from you, so I'll post a link in here once the new thread is started.
    Go for it. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    I wrote the website (fantasycollegehockey.com) and I usually run the league, but I have a lot going on this year. If anyone wants to organize a league I'll play. zudnic at gmail dot com
    I can take some time to help organize it. You've already put so much time into it, and it is something that I enjoy so I'll start the new thread, and get people signing up, schedule drafts etc.

I think I'm going to start the new thread in D1, probably later today. Does anyone have an objection with that? I think we'll get more participation. Also, I'm going try to emphasize that participation is a key to the success of the leagues, so we don't get no-shows on draft day and during the season. I don't know how that will work yet.

For all of you that have said you will participate in here I'll add you to the list, but I think I'll still need some more information from you, so I'll post a link in here once the new thread is started.

Leave a comment:

• Zudnic
    replied

I wrote the website (fantasycollegehockey.com) and I usually run the league, but I have a lot going on this year. If anyone wants to organize a league I'll play. zudnic at gmail dot com

Leave a comment:

• UNHSince1969
    replied

Oh boy, I think I just signed up for last year's draft. Wonder how I'll make out?!!!

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

I'd like to get in on this again, however I cannot guarantee being available until Oct 4 when I'm off of work again. I may be available before then, but totally depends on what I'm doing at work.

Leave a comment:

• Badgerdude4
    replied

Alright! We're about a month away! Lets get this thing started! I saw that there was a post on facebook saying that FCH is open to sign up, so I suppose we should start getting an idea about who's interested from USCHO.
    I'm in!

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Alright! We're about a month away! Lets get this thing started! I saw that there was a post on facebook saying that FCH is open to sign up, so I suppose we should start getting an idea about who's interested from USCHO.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Also, I don't want to make the impression that I'm thowing out suggestions and trying to make more work for those who normally put this on. I'm just trying to help out, and if any help is needed in administering the league or doing anything else to support it, let me know, I can help out.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    A website interface might be helpful. Plus, since it is college hockey, why not stick it in the D-I thread? More people would be apt to see it there.
    Making a website is way above my head.

Putting the thread on the D1 side may help...

edit: Maybe we want to have drafts a few weeks earlier, so we have a better chance of figuring out who will actually participate and who doesn't care. If the draft comes up and only 2 people show up, then we could merge leagues, and have plenty of time to do it
    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 08-24-2012, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Needless to say, I'm already excited for this next season. I have my "Big Board" ready for the draft, and I'm ready to go. (I didn't want to start a new thread, as I'm not sure its my place to do so)

For the next season, I've been thinking of ways to make it better. The biggest problem I've seen in participation. It seems like people say they'll play, and don't show up for drafts, or they draft and don't bother with their rosters all season. Either way, it makes it less fun for all of us. Anyone have any ideas to improve this? Also, I have been chatting with Shirtless Guy on drafting, and I'm thinking that there is a smoother way to keep track of everything and do the draft. I put this together, it may work, but I'm guessing it will need tweaking, which is why I'm posting it now. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lU4VU94Yk1NMkE (There are links built in so cells get auto-populated)
    A website interface might be helpful. Plus, since it is college hockey, why not stick it in the D-I thread? More people would be apt to see it there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X