Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    looks like Schmit and not Bonis was given credit for 2 goals in the Ferris State v Union game so I hold on to win 14-13! What a crazy weekend this ended up. I won on my 4th and final transaction of the week, picking up defenseman Aaron Schmit who had 2 goals in the semi-final, great move on my part I guess...
    Congrats! I assumed I lost when Ferris scored, but I almost pulled it out... Offseason number crunching starts now!
    Go Bulldogs!!!!

Comment

I started putting together my master spreadsheet today. Still many hours left before I have my "big board" complete, but I'm off to a good start.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I started mine after I got eliminated in the playoffs. Still many hours for me also, which I will wait until late August/early September to finish up so everything is fresh on my mind.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Needless to say, I'm already excited for this next season. I have my "Big Board" ready for the draft, and I'm ready to go. (I didn't want to start a new thread, as I'm not sure its my place to do so)

For the next season, I've been thinking of ways to make it better. The biggest problem I've seen in participation. It seems like people say they'll play, and don't show up for drafts, or they draft and don't bother with their rosters all season. Either way, it makes it less fun for all of us. Anyone have any ideas to improve this? Also, I have been chatting with Shirtless Guy on drafting, and I'm thinking that there is a smoother way to keep track of everything and do the draft. I put this together, it may work, but I'm guessing it will need tweaking, which is why I'm posting it now. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lU4VU94Yk1NMkE (There are links built in so cells get auto-populated)
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Needless to say, I'm already excited for this next season. I have my "Big Board" ready for the draft, and I'm ready to go. (I didn't want to start a new thread, as I'm not sure its my place to do so)

For the next season, I've been thinking of ways to make it better. The biggest problem I've seen in participation. It seems like people say they'll play, and don't show up for drafts, or they draft and don't bother with their rosters all season. Either way, it makes it less fun for all of us. Anyone have any ideas to improve this? Also, I have been chatting with Shirtless Guy on drafting, and I'm thinking that there is a smoother way to keep track of everything and do the draft. I put this together, it may work, but I'm guessing it will need tweaking, which is why I'm posting it now. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lU4VU94Yk1NMkE (There are links built in so cells get auto-populated)
            A website interface might be helpful. Plus, since it is college hockey, why not stick it in the D-I thread? More people would be apt to see it there.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              A website interface might be helpful. Plus, since it is college hockey, why not stick it in the D-I thread? More people would be apt to see it there.
              Making a website is way above my head.

Putting the thread on the D1 side may help...

edit: Maybe we want to have drafts a few weeks earlier, so we have a better chance of figuring out who will actually participate and who doesn't care. If the draft comes up and only 2 people show up, then we could merge leagues, and have plenty of time to do it
              Last edited by bigblue_dl; 08-24-2012, 02:26 PM.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Also, I don't want to make the impression that I'm thowing out suggestions and trying to make more work for those who normally put this on. I'm just trying to help out, and if any help is needed in administering the league or doing anything else to support it, let me know, I can help out.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Alright! We're about a month away! Lets get this thing started! I saw that there was a post on facebook saying that FCH is open to sign up, so I suppose we should start getting an idea about who's interested from USCHO.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Alright! We're about a month away! Lets get this thing started! I saw that there was a post on facebook saying that FCH is open to sign up, so I suppose we should start getting an idea about who's interested from USCHO.
                    I'm in!
                    When you say WISCONSIN you've said it all!

Comment

I'd like to get in on this again, however I cannot guarantee being available until Oct 4 when I'm off of work again. I may be available before then, but totally depends on what I'm doing at work.

Comment

Oh boy, I think I just signed up for last year's draft. Wonder how I'll make out?!!!
                        The Chicago Blackhawks - your 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Comment

I wrote the website (fantasycollegehockey.com) and I usually run the league, but I have a lot going on this year. If anyone wants to organize a league I'll play. zudnic at gmail dot com
                          Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                            I wrote the website (fantasycollegehockey.com) and I usually run the league, but I have a lot going on this year. If anyone wants to organize a league I'll play. zudnic at gmail dot com
                            I can take some time to help organize it. You've already put so much time into it, and it is something that I enjoy so I'll start the new thread, and get people signing up, schedule drafts etc.

I think I'm going to start the new thread in D1, probably later today. Does anyone have an objection with that? I think we'll get more participation. Also, I'm going try to emphasize that participation is a key to the success of the leagues, so we don't get no-shows on draft day and during the season. I don't know how that will work yet.

For all of you that have said you will participate in here I'll add you to the list, but I think I'll still need some more information from you, so I'll post a link in here once the new thread is started.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I can take some time to help organize it. You've already put so much time into it, and it is something that I enjoy so I'll start the new thread, and get people signing up, schedule drafts etc.

I think I'm going to start the new thread in D1, probably later today. Does anyone have an objection with that? I think we'll get more participation. Also, I'm going try to emphasize that participation is a key to the success of the leagues, so we don't get no-shows on draft day and during the season. I don't know how that will work yet.

For all of you that have said you will participate in here I'll add you to the list, but I think I'll still need some more information from you, so I'll post a link in here once the new thread is started.
                              Go for it. Thanks.
                              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I'm in again.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X