Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

    Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Playoffs start this week!

    I had a disappointing regular season, but I think I can make some noise in the playoffs, and hopefully snipe some good players along the way.
    It's about time you showed up.
    Welcome back!

    I'm just an old guy with CRS, so I need a refresher...
    Round One = 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5, correct?
    Do we re-seed after round one?
    How many snipes are allowed per round?
    How many transactions allowed per round other than snipes?

    Thanks.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

    Comment


    • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

      Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      It's about time you showed up.
      Welcome back!

      I'm just an old guy with CRS, so I need a refresher...
      Round One = 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5, correct?
      Do we re-seed after round one?
      How many snipes are allowed per round?
      How many transactions allowed per round other than snipes?

      Thanks.
      If I remember right, 4 total moves, 2 of which can be snipes after each round. I made moves today, I guess I was thinking that the limits go into effect next week, but they probably technically should have gone into effect today. I don't know about reseeding, I don't remember what it was last year.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

      RIP - Kirby

      Comment


      • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

        Personally, I don't have a problem with unlimited moves this week as there is no window between yesterday's playoffs and today's fch playoff start. I'm all for allowing moves through Wednesday... thoughts from others?
        I think snipes should be limited to the 2.

        Question... if you win round one and would like to snipe from that team, do you have to exercise that snipe immediately or can you hold it and take the snipe at a later date?
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

        Comment


        • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

          Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Personally, I don't have a problem with unlimited moves this week as there is no window between yesterday's playoffs and today's fch playoff start. I'm all for allowing moves through Wednesday... thoughts from others?
          I think snipes should be limited to the 2.

          Question... if you win round one and would like to snipe from that team, do you have to exercise that snipe immediately or can you hold it and take the snipe at a later date?
          I'll agree with the unlimited through Wednesday. Then are we saying no moves whatsoever until the start of next week? That would be OK with me, I just want to be on the same page. Snipes limited at 2 sounds good to me.
          You have to make that snipe during that week. If you want to wait until after Friday's game to snipe you can do that, but then you risk not being able to get your particular player released in time if you do it that way. Once that week is through, you can't go back and snipe from that team.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

          RIP - Kirby

          Comment


          • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

            Defining a 'move', that would be free agent to bench.
            Roster moves, that is, bench to active roster moves can be any time and unlimited.
            So, I propose...

            1. Unlimited free agent moves until noon time, Thursday, 3/15. No further free agent moves until the next round.
            2. Semifinals Round (3/19 - 3/26): 2 free agent moves plus 2 snipes allowed from the opponent you defeated.
            3. Final Rounds (3/27 - 4/9): 2 free agent moves plus 2 snipes allowed from the opponent you defeated.

            That would be 4 total snipes (only 2 per round/opponent) and 4 total free agent moves (only 2 per round/opponent) for the semifinals and finals.

            This OK with everyone?
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

            Comment


            • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

              Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Defining a 'move', that would be free agent to bench.
              Roster moves, that is, bench to active roster moves can be any time and unlimited.
              So, I propose...

              1. Unlimited free agent moves until noon time, Thursday, 3/15. No further free agent moves until the next round.
              2. Semifinals Round (3/19 - 3/26): 2 free agent moves plus 2 snipes allowed from the opponent you defeated.
              3. Final Rounds (3/27 - 4/9): 2 free agent moves plus 2 snipes allowed from the opponent you defeated.

              That would be 4 total snipes (only 2 per round/opponent) and 4 total free agent moves (only 2 per round/opponent) for the semifinals and finals.

              This OK with everyone?
              Perfect.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

              RIP - Kirby

              Comment


              • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

                Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                Defining a 'move', that would be free agent to bench.
                Roster moves, that is, bench to active roster moves can be any time and unlimited.
                So, I propose...

                1. Unlimited free agent moves until noon time, Thursday, 3/15. No further free agent moves until the next round.
                2. Semifinals Round (3/19 - 3/26): 2 free agent moves plus 2 snipes allowed from the opponent you defeated.
                3. Final Rounds (3/27 - 4/9): 2 free agent moves plus 2 snipes allowed from the opponent you defeated.

                That would be 4 total snipes (only 2 per round/opponent) and 4 total free agent moves (only 2 per round/opponent) for the semifinals and finals.

                This OK with everyone?
                I would make one correction, 4 moves per round, only 2 can be snipes, should be able to add 4 free agents if you want to.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                Comment


                • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

                  Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I would make one correction, 4 moves per round, only 2 can be snipes, should be able to add 4 free agents if you want to.
                  Works for me.

                  One other option... how about we just use the regular season rules and add the 2 snipes per round. Once a team is defeated in the playoffs, the two snipes are allowed by the winner and then the roster is frozen to all other teams (not available as free agents).
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

                  Comment


                  • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

                    Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Works for me.

                    One other option... how about we just use the regular season rules and add the 2 snipes per round. Once a team is defeated in the playoffs, the two snipes are allowed by the winner and then the roster is frozen to all other teams (not available as free agents).
                    That is true, no roster dumping...sorry if that wasn't clear.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                    Comment


                    • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

                      So what's the consensus?

                      1. Maximum 4 roster moves total per round with a max. 2 being snipes?
                      or
                      2. Regular season rules (unlimited roster moves) with 2 snipes per round. After the snipes, the defeated teams roster will be frozen and remaining players will not be available as free agents.

                      I'm open to either way. Taking option 2 is easier. Just have to think about the snipes.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

                      Comment


                      • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

                        Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        So what's the consensus?

                        1. Maximum 4 roster moves total per round with a max. 2 being snipes?
                        or
                        2. Regular season rules (unlimited roster moves) with 2 snipes per round. After the snipes, the defeated teams roster will be frozen and remaining players will not be available as free agents.

                        I'm open to either way. Taking option 2 is easier. Just have to think about the snipes.
                        Option 1. I don't want unlimited moves.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                        RIP - Kirby

                        Comment


                        • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

                          Okey dokey... so here it is (with a total of 3 of us voting ):

                          Playoff Rules
                          1. Unlimited free agent moves until noon time, Thursday, 3/15. No further free agent moves until the next round.
                          2. Semifinals Round (3/19 - 3/26): Maximum of 4 free agent roster moves, 2 of which can be snipes from the opponent's roster that you defeated. Snipes must be taken BEFORE the start of the first game of the next round. Unlimited bench to active roster moves.
                          3. Finals Round (3/27 - 4/9): Maximum of 4 free agent roster moves, 2 of which can be snipes from the opponent's roster that you defeated. Snipes must be taken BEFORE the start of the first game of the next round. Unlimited bench to active roster moves.
                          4. Once a team is knocked out of the playoffs, their roster is frozen (except for the allowed snipes) and the remaining players are not available as free agents.

                          Game on!
                          Go Eagles!!!
                          Last edited by FiveHole12; 03-15-2012, 08:53 PM.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

                          Comment


                          • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

                            I am very busy lately but let me know if people fail to drop required players.

                            In the past we have limited Active-Bench moves as well, are we not doing that this time?
                            Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

                            Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

                            sigpic

                            "I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

                            Comment


                            • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

                              Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Okey dokey... so here it is (with a total of 3 of us voting ):

                              Playoff Rules
                              1. Unlimited free agent moves until noon time, Thursday, 3/15. No further free agent moves until the next round.
                              2. Semifinals Round (3/19 - 3/26): Maximum of 4 roster moves, 2 of which can be snipes from the opponent's roster that you defeated. Snipes must be taken BEFORE the start of the first game of the next round.
                              3. Finals Round (3/27 - 4/9): Maximum of 4 roster moves, 2 of which can be snipes from the opponent's roster that you defeated. Snipes must be taken BEFORE the start of the first game of the next round.
                              4. Once a team is knocked out of the playoffs, their roster is frozen (except for the allowed snipes) and the remaining players are not available as free agents.

                              Game on!
                              Go Eagles!!!
                              Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                              I am very busy lately but let me know if people fail to drop required players.

                              In the past we have limited Active-Bench moves as well, are we not doing that this time?
                              I assume FiveHole12 under items 2 & 3 means 4 FREE AGENT transactions, 2 of which can be snipes, there are unlimited moves between bench and starters.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                              Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                              Comment


                              • Re: Fantasy College Hockey - Season 10

                                Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I assume FiveHole12 under items 2 & 3 means 4 FREE AGENT transactions, 2 of which can be snipes, there are unlimited moves between bench and starters.
                                Correct.
                                I edited the post to state that.
                                Last edited by FiveHole12; 03-15-2012, 08:54 PM.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X