X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Dude, don't get a Ricer. Turrible. I hate those modded out cars that sound like little blenders. Friggin' annoying.
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Deck out a Charger or Challenger or something.
    I suspect he wants to be competitive in autocross, not get lapped, nor win a drag race.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      I suspect he wants to be competitive in autocross, not get lapped, nor win a drag race.
      Well, I want something fun to drive fast that won't get me 1) arrested or 2) wrapped around a tree. I know just enough Gran Turismo to be dangerous, so I figure an MX-5's a good start.

And don't worry, I'm not going to go all "kid with dad's Civic who saw The Fast and the Furious 27 times" on you with the Maxwell House bumblebee can exhaust or the giant body kit. I'm going to keep it tasteful. (Except for the giant Hatsune Miku vinyl.)

And if y'all insist on me having a manly man car...the engine bay will gladly accept a Chevy LS1. Now I have 350 HP. HO. HO. HO.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        And if y'all insist on me having a manly man car...the engine bay will gladly accept a Chevy LS1. Now I have 350 HP. HO. HO. HO.
        FM does that, too. They have a few V8 swapped cars.

Comment

If you put the small block in the Miata, I'd consider that manly. otherwise you'll still be driving a Miata
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I can't even fit in a Miata.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              You are not that big- I'm sure you would fit in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                My neighbor had one and tossed me the keys when I had to run to the corner store real quick. I barely got the door shut back then. It wasn't made for thick guys. I wasn't even fat back then.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  You are not that big- I'm sure you would fit in mine.
                  I'm 6-1. I might be able to steer it with my knees, but my eye level is right with the visors. I sat in one at the auto show in Detroit a few years ago. I could barely get in and out of it.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Twitch Boy Half-Baked Idea #sqrt(-1)...

Now that my daily driver is paid off and I have access to a garage...Miata? Thinking of picking one up and kitting it out, maybe slapping a turbo on. Maybe even autocross it someday. Cheap, customizable, usable, reachable limits, a hoot to drive, good on gas, not so much power I end up around a tree (I am NOT The Stig.)
                    That looks eminently reasonable. Older ones are available in pretty good condition fairly cheap.

(And when I think "ricer", I don't think Miata, I think Civic. I also think a certain look from cosmetic changes that doesn't actually make the car faster, unlike turbocharging a Miata, which actually would make it faster.)
                    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Well, I want something fun to drive fast that won't get me 1) arrested or 2) wrapped around a tree. I know just enough Gran Turismo to be dangerous, so I figure an MX-5's a good start.

And don't worry, I'm not going to go all "kid with dad's Civic who saw The Fast and the Furious 27 times" on you with the Maxwell House bumblebee can exhaust or the giant body kit. I'm going to keep it tasteful. (Except for the giant Hatsune Miku vinyl.)

I believe the judges will allow this.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

****it all. Car lost it's alternator yesterday and now I've been told there's some play in the crankshaft. Always tough seeing your first car get a terminal diagnosis. They said it probably has another 50-60k on it.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          ****it all. Car lost it's alternator yesterday and now I've been told there's some play in the crankshaft. Always tough seeing your first car get a terminal diagnosis. They said it probably has another 50-60k on it.
                          How many miles are on it now?

Alternators are easy and cheap to replace if you're willing to do it yourself. You'll save about $150-250 vs. using a shop.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            How many miles are on it now?

Alternators are easy and cheap to replace if you're willing to do it yourself. You'll save about $150-250 vs. using a shop.

Yeah, I'm not terribly handy. I could probably do it but whatever. I'd rather someone do it right.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              They don't know how long it has based on "some" play in the crank. I'll bet the tranny ****s the bed before the engine unless its a standard.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Right, it was a complete SWAG. It could be 20k, could be 100k.

What do you mean standard?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X