This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars

Yeah, I'll probably take it in tomorrow am.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Turns out to be a lower ball joint and tie rod. Second time I've had a bad tie rod on that wheel.

I don't remember any jarring hits either. Ugh.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/03/k...a-geneva-2015/

Meet the Koenigsegg Regera.

Twin turbo V8 with three electric motors.

1500 HP, 1500 lb*ft torque.

0-250 MPH in 20 farking seconds. 93 to 155 MPH in 3.2.

Oh, and did I mention it does this WITHOUT A GEARBOX? The V8 is connected directly to the differential. The electric motors handle the launch and the V8 kicks in once it can start turning at that ridonkulous final drive ratio.

**** Sweden, you scary.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          likely to be some worn items past their service life, like wheel bearings...steering, chassis and suspension components and abnormal noise as you describe is a primary symptom. I wouldn't delay an inspection. Some of those failures can be dangerous.
          I've got an 03 Taurus with all sorts of suspension noises and an oil leak. With 184,000 miles on it I'm gonna ride it til it dies (while adding oil of course). No sense in dropping hundreds into it like the dealer says I need. It gets driven 5 miles a day 5 days a week. Hang in there old gal.

I hate the new front end on the 2015 Focus. Bummer Ford ruined a racy looking car with a bad nose job. I'll be keeping my 2012 till it gets into the condition of the above discussed Taurus, and hopefully beyond.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I've got an 03 Taurus with all sorts of suspension noises and an oil leak. With 184,000 miles on it I'm gonna ride it til it dies (while adding oil of course). No sense in dropping hundreds into it like the dealer says I need. It gets driven 5 miles a day 5 days a week. Hang in there old gal.

I hate the new front end on the 2015 Focus. Bummer Ford ruined a racy looking car with a bad nose job. I'll be keeping my 2012 till it gets into the condition of the above discussed Taurus, and hopefully beyond.
            A matter of taste I guess. I like the 2015 Focus ST, aesthetically and nuts and bolts.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Jeremy Clarkson has backing of Director General as he fights for career at Top Gear inquiry.

Bring
              Back
              Clarkston
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

The problem that I have with that movement is IF he actually assulted a co-worker. If he did, there's no reason to bring him back- the rest of us would have been fired, so should he. There's no reason for physical altercations at work.

If he didn't, well...

Comment

I'm too hot (hot ****)
                  Called a police and a fireman
                  I'm too hot (hot ****)
                  Make a dragon wanna retire man

http://Www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...got-suspended/
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                    A matter of taste I guess. I like the 2015 Focus ST, aesthetically and nuts and bolts.
                    The ST is freaking awesome, but the general public version is cosmetically ruined, though I'm confident it's still a blast to drive like my '12 is.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      The ST is freaking awesome, but the general public version is cosmetically ruined, though I'm confident it's still a blast to drive like my '12 is.
                      It may be a blast to drive, but just try and change the battery in it! A 2 man job it was....1 pulling up on the plastic part of the dash that goes under the hood and 1 trying to pull up the battery at a 45 degree angle up and out of the case with nothing to grab on to....

Any thoughts on buying a mega pricey battery from a AutoZone vs a regular one from Fleet Farm? Do the pricey batteries last a lot longer?

Comment

Twitch Boy Half-Baked Idea #sqrt(-1)...

Now that my daily driver is paid off and I have access to a garage...Miata? Thinking of picking one up and kitting it out, maybe slapping a turbo on. Maybe even autocross it someday. Cheap, customizable, usable, reachable limits, a hoot to drive, good on gas, not so much power I end up around a tree (I am NOT The Stig.)

Wait, why does bb_dl have my Man Card and is that a chainsaw?
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Now that my daily driver is paid off and I have access to a garage...Miata? Thinking of picking one up and kitting it out, maybe slapping a turbo on. Maybe even autocross it someday. Cheap, customizable, usable, reachable limits, a hoot to drive, good on gas, not so much power I end up around a tree (I am NOT The Stig.)

Dude, don't get a Ricer. Turrible. I hate those modded out cars that sound like little blenders. Friggin' annoying.
                          REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Deck out a Charger or Challenger or something.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

On the other hand, if you want to autocross and be very competitive, plus go to the track every once in a while- all while not breaking the bank every year on tires- the Miata is one of the best of the best out there.

If you have a problem with your manlihood- sure- go get a big truck, but the balz on it, etc.

But if not, bear in mind that most Miata drivers are men, and Miatas are one of the most raced cars out there. Be a man- race one.

BTW, if you want a turbo- instead of slapping one on- just go buy a turbo Miata. You can put a really nice suspension set up under one.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              On the other hand, if you want to autocross and be very competitive, plus go to the track every once in a while- all while not breaking the bank every year on tires- the Miata is one of the best of the best out there.

If you have a problem with your manlihood- sure- go get a big truck, but the balz on it, etc.

But if not, bear in mind that most Miata drivers are men, and Miatas are one of the most raced cars out there. Be a man- race one.

BTW, if you want a turbo- instead of slapping one on- just go buy a turbo Miata. You can put a really nice suspension set up under one.
                              One of the best Miata tuning shops in the country (Flyin' Miata) is located in Grand Junction. This could work out.

Comment

One of the best Miata tuning shops in the country (Flyin' Miata) is located in Grand Junction. This could work out.
                                Ask for Keith. He's a good guy.

When I finally get around to "restore" my '99 Miata, I plan on getting a lot of stuff from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X