Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

This week's regional rankings are out....

http://www.d2football.com/regionalrankings/13/

Super Region 3
    Team Region Overall
    1. CSU-Pueblo 9-0 10-0
    2. Nebraska-Kearney 9-1 9-1
    3. Saginaw Valley 7-2 7-2
    4. Wayne State (Mich.) 8-2 8-2
    5. St. Cloud 7-2 8-2
    6. Minnesota State 8-2 8-2
    7. Minnesota Duluth 8-2 8-2
    8. Hillsdale 7-3 7-3
    9. Indianapolis 7-3 7-3
    10. Colorado Mines 8-2 8-2

St. Cloud is sitting pretty dang pretty right now, given that they own the H2H over both Duluth and Mankato, so they're pretty much a lock I think right now to make the playoffs. Duluth and Mankato start the playoffs early next weekend with the winner of that matchup getting into the playoffs. I like Wayne State to be in the mix along with Pueblo and Kearney. Raw seathing dislike of anything from Saggy prevents me from picking them to win in Allendale saturday, nothing more GVSU would love to do than to ruin Saggy's playoff chances. Think it would then be a tossup between Saggy, Hillsdale, and maybe the UMD-Mankato loser perhaps. Hillsdale's biggest problem this weekend is they play the SOS anchor know as Tiffin. They're better off this weekend having somebody drive down their Friday night with a hack saw to tear down Tiffin's goalposts.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      This week's regional rankings are out....

http://www.d2football.com/regionalrankings/13/

Super Region 3
      Team Region Overall
      1. CSU-Pueblo 9-0 10-0
      2. Nebraska-Kearney 9-1 9-1
      3. Saginaw Valley 7-2 7-2
      4. Wayne State (Mich.) 8-2 8-2
      5. St. Cloud 7-2 8-2
      6. Minnesota State 8-2 8-2
      7. Minnesota Duluth 8-2 8-2
      8. Hillsdale 7-3 7-3
      9. Indianapolis 7-3 7-3
      10. Colorado Mines 8-2 8-2

St. Cloud is sitting pretty dang pretty right now, given that they own the H2H over both Duluth and Mankato, so they're pretty much a lock I think right now to make the playoffs. Duluth and Mankato start the playoffs early next weekend with the winner of that matchup getting into the playoffs. I like Wayne State to be in the mix along with Pueblo and Kearney. Raw seathing dislike of anything from Saggy prevents me from picking them to win in Allendale saturday, nothing more GVSU would love to do than to ruin Saggy's playoff chances. Think it would then be a tossup between Saggy, Hillsdale, and maybe the UMD-Mankato loser perhaps. Hillsdale's biggest problem this weekend is they play the SOS anchor know as Tiffin. They're better off this weekend having somebody drive down their Friday night with a hack saw to tear down Tiffin's goalposts.
      It's nuts to think that the Mavericks have a shot at making the playoffs.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        It's nuts to think that the Mavericks have a shot at making the playoffs.
        All they gotta do next saturday is win and they're in. And heck, due to both teams walking in with only 2 losses, chances are that even if one team loses they still might just sneak into the sixth spot. You'll want to pay attention to ESPNEWS sometime Sunday afternoon for when they'll announce the playoffs. Not sure what time they'll start that yet. They gotta figure out when they're going to squeeze that in over talking about whatever the flavor of the day is.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          All they gotta do next saturday is win and they're in. And heck, due to both teams walking in with only 2 losses, chances are that even if one team loses they still might just sneak into the sixth spot. You'll want to pay attention to ESPNEWS sometime Sunday afternoon for when they'll announce the playoffs. Not sure what time they'll start that yet. They gotta figure out when they're going to squeeze that in over talking about whatever the flavor of the day is.
          Any chance the Mavs host a game with a win?
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            Any chance the Mavs host a game with a win?
            Eh, I kinda doubt it. St. Cloud has the Head to Head on Mankato, which means if both Mankato and St. Cloud are next to each other in the standings, the Huskies are listed first. And well, I wouldn't really want to pin your hopes on MSU-Moorhead beating the SCSU squad. And anything else I could see the Mavs getting there involve teams with fairly easy games left losing. The only real tight matchup left besides Duluth-Mankato is Saggy at GVSU. Needless to say, y'all better be cheering for GVSU saturday.

It just happens.

Comment

D2Football's Bob Eblen takes a stab at the playoff picture....

It just happens.

Comment

Good read. Thanks for posting it. Looks like my Dawgs just have to get it done against Mankato to be sure they'll have a shot at defending their title.
                Originally posted by Priceless
                Good to see you're so reasonable.
                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                Very well, said.
                Originally posted by Rover
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                  Good read. Thanks for posting it. Looks like my Dawgs just have to get it done against Mankato to be sure they'll have a shot at defending their title.
                  It sure beats needing a win and somebody else to lose. Hell, I'm still talking down a few of my fellow Lakers who are doing the math to see who we need to lose to getting in. I don't see it happening.

It just happens.

Comment

Tech holds on to the Miners' Cup 21-18 after NMU gacks a last second game-tying field goal.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      Tech holds on to the Miners' Cup 21-18 after NMU gacks a last second game-tying field goal.
                      And then the rest of the gliac pees on their playoffs chances. Wanye, indy, and ashland all lost. And gvsu beat saggy pretty solidly, 49 - 24.

My best guess for the region tomorrow.....

1. CSU-Pueblo
                      2. Nebraska-Kearney
                      3. St. Cloud
                      4. Minnesota-Duluth

After that, it's a crapshoot. At least one GLIAC squad should be in the mix, but Mankato could be in the mix along with the head to head monster that is going to be coming the Gliac.

It just happens.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much what I thought.... Wayne State, Saginaw Valley, Hillsdale, Grand Valley and Mankato all pretty much will have pretty good arguments right now for being the 5th and 6th seeds. the problem is that they all have 3 losses and they all easily point to one of them on their schedule that they wish they could have redone.

It just happens.

Comment

Stupid ESPN isn't going to stop sucking long enough today, so the announcements are just going to be thru the NCAA's web site.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/football/d2

It just happens.

Comment

Super Region 2

SR2: (by ranking)
                            1. Delta State
                            2. Mars Hill
                            3. North Greenville (First appearance)
                            4. West Alabama
                            5. North Alabama
                            6. Albany St. (Earned Access)

It just happens.

Comment

Super region 4

SR4: (by ranking)
                              1. Midwestern State
                              2. Pitt State
                              3. Washburn
                              4. Missouri Western St.
                              5. Northwest Missouri St.
                              6. Abilene Christian

It just happens.

Comment

SR1: (by ranking)
                                1. Winston-Salem
                                2. New Haven
                                3. Kutztown
                                4. Elizabeth City St.
                                5. California (PA)
                                6. Concord (First appearance, Earned Access)

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X