Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

california @ indiana this weekend!

big name football comes to d2 this weekend!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

21-0 Huskies at the half over UMD.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

35-7 Huskies final.
        SCSU with more than 250 yards rushing.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          35-7 Huskies final.
          SCSU with more than 250 yards rushing.
          Holy hand grenade of antilock batman!!

GVSU had to about snatch victory away from the jaws of defeat against Tech tonight. Tech ended up about 30 yards from paydirt with a minute left. Scarlett just all over threw his receivers 4 times. Tech was out of time outs and all GV had to do was take a knee. It was nuts there tonight.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Regional Rankings for this week.

Super Region 1

Team Region Overall
            1. New Haven 8-0 8-1
            2. Winston-Salem 8-0 9-0
            3. WV Wesleyan 9-0 9-0
            4. Bloomsburg 8-1 8-1
            5. Elizabeth City 7-1 7-2
            6. Slippery Rock 8-1 8-1
            7. S. Connecticut 7-1 7-2
            8. Callifornia 7-1 7-2
            9. Kutztown 8-1 8-1
            10. Shepherd 6-2 7-2

Super Region 2

Team Region Overall
            1. Delta State 7-0 8-1
            2. Mars Hill 7-1 7-2
            3. West Alabama 5-1 7-2
            4. North Alabama 3-2 6-2
            5. North Greenville 6-1 7-2
            6. Valdosta State 6-3 6-3
            7. Albany State 6-2 7-2
            8. Morehouse 6-1 7-2
            9. UNC-Pembroke 7-2 7-2
            10. West Georgia 5-3 5-3

Super Region 3
            Team Region Overall
            1. CSU-Pueblo 8-0 9-0
            2. Nebraska-Kearney 8-1 8-1
            3. St. Cloud 7-1 8-1
            4. Saginaw Valley 6-2 6-2
            5. Minnesota Duluth 7-2 7-2
            6. Ashland 6-3 6-3
            7. Wayne State (Mich.) 7-2 7-2
            8. Indianapolis 7-2 7-2
            9. Minnesota State 7-2 7-2
            10. Hillsdale 6-3 6-3

Super Region 4
            Team Region Overall
            1. Pittsburg State 8-0 8-0
            2. Midwestern State 8-0 8-0
            3. Northwest Missouri 7-1 8-1
            4. Washburn 7-1 8-1
            5. Abilene Christian 6-1 6-2
            6. West Texas A&M 6-2 6-2
            7. Missouri Western 6-2 7-2
            8. Ouachita Baptist 6-2 6-2
            9. Humboldt State 6-1 7-1
            10. Central Missouri 6-3 6-3
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Super Region 3
              Team Region Overall
              1. CSU-Pueblo 8-0 9-0
              3. St. Cloud 7-1 8-1
              6. Ashland 6-3 6-3
              8. Indianapolis 7-2 7-2
              10. Hillsdale 6-3 6-3

A little off the cuff look at the tea leaves here for region three here. Don't think anybody can get by Pueblo and Kearney without them losing, Pueblo does have some bad RMAC teams on their schedule and that might drop their SOS a bit. But they also have the H2H on Kearney, so that will keep them in the top spot. Kearney does have a possible loss with Colorado Mines, but don't hold your breath much. St. Cloud just needs to win out to lock up the third spot, BSU seems to be the only threat I see to that possibly. I think UMD could get the fourth spot and a home playoff game, they gotta win out with Mankato coming to town. They might need help from GVSU beating Saggy though, not totally out of the realm of happening. As for the sixth spot, I'm pretty sure Ashland is going to fall out of it with them playing some SOS anchors, and it will likely go to the winner of the WSU at Indy game this weekend. I might need to check some head 2 heads on that, if Saggy can fall that far down, but sad to say it, a GLIAC team might be using an earned access bid to get in.

It just happens.

Comment

Super Region 3
                Team Region Overall
                1. CSU-Pueblo 8-0 9-0
                3. St. Cloud 7-1 8-1
                6. Ashland 6-3 6-3
                8. Indianapolis 7-2 7-2
                10. Hillsdale 6-3 6-3

A little off the cuff look at the tea leaves here for region three here. Don't think anybody can get by Pueblo and Kearney without them losing, Pueblo does have some bad RMAC teams on their schedule and that might drop their SOS a bit. But they also have the H2H on Kearney, so that will keep them in the top spot. Kearney does have a possible loss with Colorado Mines, but don't hold your breath much. St. Cloud just needs to win out to lock up the third spot, BSU seems to be the only threat I see to that possibly. I think UMD could get the fourth spot and a home playoff game, they gotta win out with Mankato coming to town. They might need help from GVSU beating Saggy though, not totally out of the realm of happening. As for the sixth spot, I'm pretty sure Ashland is going to fall out of it with them playing some SOS anchors, and it will likely go to the winner of the WSU at Indy game this weekend. I might need to check some head 2 heads on that, if Saggy can fall that far down, but sad to say it, a GLIAC team might be using an earned access bid to get in.

It just happens.

Comment

Who did Wayne State drop a deuce to? Man, the GLIAC sucked this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Who did Wayne State drop a deuce to? Man, the GLIAC sucked this year.
                    Ashland and Saginaw Valley.

I don't think its so much that the GLIAC has been bad this year, we're all just too good this year. GVSU is down obviously, but there's a lot of teams that have been built to win here, and that's been going on this year. Problem is that we've all beat each other up, and not enough of us have gotten in good non-con wins to fatten the collective SOS up somewhat. Tech and Northwood did help a lot with that this year, but there's some others that could have picked better. Indy got an easy win with Kentucky Wesleyan, but lousy for the SOS. Ashland lost their game, but at least it was still good for SOS as Bloomsburg has been a top team in the PSAC. Should look better next year, as I believe that the NSIC is going to eleven conference games I believe, which pretty much means that whatever team runs the tables in that league is going to end up with an SOS of around .500 give or take it managing to avoid the other half of the division's bottom feeders. We might want to look towards the LSC and GSC for better games in the future.

It just happens.

Comment

• Re: 2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Bemidji with the upset, 19-14
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        Bemidji with the upset, 19-14
                        Yeah, I saw that one as well. Doesn't totally knock em out of the playoff hunt, but they're likely not going to be hosting a game now. Puts em right into the thick of the mess of 2 loss teams that are all veiing for those payoff spots. Ashland lost as well today, and there's pretty much a playoff game tonight between Wayne State University and Indianapolis. Loser will have 3 losses and falls behind in the playoff race. NMU could catch Saggy looking ahead to next week tonight if they're lucky.

It just happens.

Comment

Tech with a blowout win over Ferris before heading to the Fooperdome next weekend for the football version of the Battle Over 41.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Tech with a blowout win over Ferris before heading to the Fooperdome next weekend for the football version of the Battle Over 41.
                            Not looking good for NMU, down 34-9 at the half.

It just happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              Not looking good for NMU, down 34-9 at the half.
                              Which does not bode well for their motivation/anger factor going into next week. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Which does not bode well for their motivation/anger factor going into next week. :-/
                                It's Tech-NMU right?? If they need any more motivation to be UP for that game, they're already behind the eight ball.

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X