Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

the vulcan qb... he's, ah not good.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      the vulcan qb... he's, ah not good.
      Husky defense is very deep and very good.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Husky defense is very deep and very good.
        oh, don't get me wrong. scsu is better in everything. but the qb has underthrown. been sending up ducks. bad stuff.

only reason cal got the fg is because of a pretty poor roughing the passer call and a very lame late hit.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          oh, don't get me wrong. scsu is better in everything. but the qb has underthrown. been sending up ducks. bad stuff.

only reason cal got the fg is because of a pretty poor roughing the passer call and a very lame late hit.
          That's what the radio guy said.
          Funny thing is, Husky defense is only this deep because of the injuries they had the last couple seasons.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

at least that pass wasn't underthrown....

Comment

26-3 Huskies Final
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

202yds rushing
                201yds passing

...must be nice to have options!

Comment

NMU starts the season with a 31-24 win over MSU-M....

I'll take that... Decent start by the Cats... Now let's turn some heads in the GLIAC world
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    26-3 Huskies Final
                    I know the current wisdom is that the Northeast teams aren't thought of as very good, but ummm.... Holy Wah Jan!!!! . I don't think there was many that would have picked SCSU to clobber the Vulcans like that.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      NMU starts the season with a 31-24 win over MSU-M....

I'll take that... Decent start by the Cats... Now let's turn some heads in the GLIAC world
                      The last quarter of that game was awesome. And, I agree--time to make some noise in the GLIAC.
                      Always a Wildcat...
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        I know the current wisdom is that the Northeast teams aren't thought of as very good, but ummm.... Holy Wah Jan!!!! . I don't think there was many that would have picked SCSU to clobber the Vulcans like that.
                        It wasn't that close

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                          The last quarter of that game was awesome. And, I agree--time to make some noise in the GLIAC.
                          Hey, it all helps us all out come playoff time for the League as a whole to pick up D2 non-league Wins. So far, its only Gorum Ashland!!! Tiffin's game against Malone wouldn't count as Malone is NAIA.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Results from last weekend....
                            Thursday, Sept. 1
                            7pm.
                            St. Cloud (13) 26
                            California (11) 3
                            -quite possiably the upset of the weekend in this game. St. Cloud sure does make for a **** looking Darkhorse pick to make it to the playoffs this year.

Minnesota State 24
                            Northern Michigan 31
                            -a solid win for the Wildcats, and a win that the rest of the league is really going to thank them for come playoff time, as it helps to increase the GLIAC's odds of putting in a 3rd team into the playoffs this year. Also, between them and MTU, it doesn't look like there's going to be any easy wins in the UP this year.

Friday, Sept. 2
                            7pm.
                            Maritime (D3) 3
                            Bentley 50
                            -Maritime did make the D3 playoffs last year, and the Falcons beat them like they took their cookies. Good signs for things in Waltham.

Curry (D3) 7
                            Stonehill 35
                            - A good solid win for the Skyhawks.

Hillsdale (18) 17
                            Ferris State 20
                            - Ferris squeaked it out, mostly because Hillsdale's QB got knocked out of the game with some cramps. Still, Hillsdale's cupboard is kinda bare this year, and bright days are ahead for the Bulldogs.

Saturday, 3

Final OT
                            Notre Dame 23
                            Mercyhurst (17) 24
                            - The Lakers of the Erie squeaked it out, but a win is a win is a win.

Bowie State 28
                            Assumption 7
                            - eh, I didn't have a lot of hopes for Assumption this year. Getting a pretty solid beating from a CIAA squad pretty much confirms that.

Final OT
                            American International 13
                            C.W. Post 7
                            - In a Defensive slug fest, an 95 interception return is what sealed the deal for the Yellow Jackets.

Kutztown (20) 56
                            Saint Anselm 30
                            - Well, the Hawks got to show off their remodeled stadium here at least.

Minnesota Duluth (1) 20
                            Augustana (9) 12
                            - It was bit of a stuggle for UMD, but the Bulldogs came back against the Vikings to earn a hard fought win here.

Simon Fraser 36
                            Pacific (D3) 28
                            - Good win for the Canadian Clan. Year two of being in the NCAA should be a lot better for them. Also next year the GNAC will have a sixth team and they'll be able to us earn access to get into the playoffs.

Michigan Tech 23
                            Winona State 6
                            - from what I heard of it, it sounded like the Defense from Michigan Tech really stepped it up and abused Winona most of the game. MeanEgirl could give us a better report on this. Another one of those wins that will really help the GLIAC out come playoff time.

Worcester Polytechnic (D3) 3
                            Merrimack 60
                            - Well, sometimes its nice to get an easy game in just to work out a few kinks, and to let your second and third stringer get a few gametime reps in. Looks like Merrimack got that here.
                            Last edited by bigmrg74; 09-05-2011, 07:37 PM.

It just happens.

Comment

Games for this saturday....

Noon

West Virginia Wesleyan at Bentley
                              -good in region matchup here.
                              Northern Michigan at Findlay
                              -NMU needs to prove it can take care of business when they go south of the bridge.
                              Kutztown at Mercyhurst
                              - big PSAC race match at the first turn.
                              Tiffin at Wayne State (Mich.)
                              - I'm not saying Tiffin is bad, but I would expect Wayne to have its 2's and 3's getting some reps in this one.

1 pm

American International at Bryant (FCS)
                              -AIC pulled off an overtime win last week, lets see what magic they have saturday.
                              Merrimack at Edinboro
                              - A stiff test for the warriors of the Merrimack.
                              Lake Erie at Michigan Tech
                              - LEC had about half the team suspended last week due to violating NCAA rules about betting and the NCAA big dance brackets last spring, and yet, Cam Newton and Pryor all played in their bowl games last year. LEC self reported that to the NCAA, while Yahoo had to dig up the dirt on the kids from the big boys.
                              Winona State at MSU Moorhead
                              -Warriors looking to bounce back after a tough loss to MTU.
                              Stonehill at Pace
                              -Eh, I got nothing....

2 pm

Bemidji State at Augustana
                              -The Beavers face a stiff test in Auggie, who's smarting from a tough loss to Duluth last week.
                              Upper Iowa at Minnesota Duluth
                              - Duluth to work the 2's and 3's.
                              Northern State at Minnesota State Mankato
                              - Mavs out to prove themselves this year.

5 pm

Western Oregon at Simon Fraser
                              - This is probably the easiest roadie WOU has all year. The Clan could catch them looking at the calender.

7 pm

Ferris State at Saginaw Valley
                              - I'm torn on this one, I don't know who to hate the most.
                              Concordia-St. Paul at St. Cloud
                              - St. Cloud out to prove that they're a force to contend with in the nightcap here.

It just happens.

Comment

The Daily Mining Gazette was in sandbag mode yesterday , pointing out that LEC beat Gannon 13-10, despite missing half the team. I'm pretty sure my Catholic high school's team could beat Gannon.

Tech probably won't run up the score as much as last year, but I expect our D to hold the fort for another W.

Comment

Working...
                                X