Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
    I agree with FTLT that St. Cloud beating UMD isn't that much of a stretch, and I also think that picking the #2 team to beat the #4 team in the championship isn't a particularly bold prediction.
    True.....

But I just happen to think that this is the year that a LSC squad finally gets past NWMSU and the MIAA, and perhaps makes the championship. Southeast plays the Southwest and Northwest plays the Northeast this year in the playoffs, so that would also mean that the LSC squad would beat that Delta team.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Interesting. UMD picks up a transfer from Iowa, Adam Robinson, who led the Hawkeyes in rushing two seasons. He'll sit out for a year and hopefully he stays out of trouble.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...tball-transfer
      Originally posted by Priceless
      Good to see you're so reasonable.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
      Very well, said.
      Originally posted by Rover
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
        Interesting. UMD picks up a transfer from Iowa, Adam Robinson, who led the Hawkeyes in rushing two seasons. He'll sit out for a year and hopefully he stays out of trouble.
        You certainly have to a optimistic about his ability to contribute, but UMD really doesn't need anymore legal trouble. I think its interesting that he transferred down two notches and still had to sit out the year. I also heard a rumor that he blew out his knee on the first day of practice anyway.
        SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
        UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
        Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
        Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
        UMD Football: 2008, 2010
        UMD Men: 2011

Comment

You certainly have to a optimistic about his ability to contribute, but UMD really doesn't need anymore legal trouble. I think its interesting that he transferred down two notches and still had to sit out the year. I also heard a rumor that he blew out his knee on the first day of practice anyway.
          Yeah, its pretty much automatic for a guy to transfer down and be able to technically play right away.

Of course, Transfers aren't always what they're cracked up to be. Some can pan out for ya, but a lot of them come in with the attitude that they was D1 and thus, already better than everybody else there and they don't need to work as hard to be on the field. The ones that do work out are the ones that realize that just because they rode the bench at some D1 school, it doesn't me diddly at D2. The field is still 100 yards long, and you still have a bunch of 18 to 23 year olds who are all pretty decent football players themselves.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Reports in Iowa say he's sitting out for academic reasons.
            It's why he was suspended by Iowa until he got busted for drugs in Des Moines while under suspension.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              It's why he was suspended by Iowa until he got busted for drugs in Des Moines while under suspension.
              Yah, one of the articles I read said UMD officials said he was sitting out a year due to academic issues. Which of course means you're not sure if he'll have his ducks in a row a year from now either.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Games of interest for this weekend here.....

Thursday, Sept. 1.

7 pm.
                St. Cloud At California (PA)
                Minnesota State-Mankato AT Northern Michigan
                Mayville State (NAIA) At Minnesota-Crookston

Friday, Sept. 2.

7 pm.
                Maritime (D3) At Bentley
                Curry (D3) At Stonehill
                7:30 pm
                Hillsdale At Ferris State

Saturday, Sept. 3.

Noon
                Bowie State At Assumption
                Notre Dame At Mercyhurst
                Findlay At Northwood
                Urbana At Wayne State (Mich.)

1 pm.
                American International At C.W. Post
                MSU Moorhead At Robert Morris (NAIA)
                Kutztown At Saint Anselm

2 pm.
                Minnesota-Duluth At Augustana

4:30 pm.
                Everybody's favorite Canadians....
                Simon Fraser At Pacific (D3)

5:30 pm.
                Michigan Tech At Winona State

7 pm.
                Worcester Polytechnic (D3) At Merrimack

It just happens.

Comment

That makes sense then. I still think its interesting that a Running Back that led an above-average BCS conference team in rushing for two season dropped all the way to D2. You'd think there'd be some FCS teams that would give him a shot. (Not that I'm not happy to have him IF he gets eligible and stays out of trouble)
                  SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions

Comment

That makes sense then. I still think its interesting that a Running Back that led an above-average BCS conference team in rushing for two season dropped all the way to D2. You'd think there'd be some FCS teams that would give him a shot. (Not that I'm not happy to have him IF he gets eligible and stays out of trouble)
                    True, but there just might not have been any good spots for him available on any good FCS programs that would be local, or have the money available to chip in with some scholorship money, or are just overall bad programs. As a running back, you know you're going to want to know that you've got a good Oline to run behind to get any good looks anywhere, and I would match UMD's line up against just about anyone's up to about most MAC schools.

It just happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      Games of interest for this weekend here.....

Thursday, Sept. 1.

7 pm.
                      St. Cloud At California (PA)
                      Minnesota State-Mankato AT Northern Michigan
                      Mayville State (NAIA) At Minnesota-Crookston

Friday, Sept. 2.

7 pm.
                      Maritime (D3) At Bentley
                      Curry (D3) At Stonehill
                      7:30 pm
                      Hillsdale At Ferris State

Saturday, Sept. 3.

Noon
                      Bowie State At Assumption
                      Notre Dame At Mercyhurst
                      Findlay At Northwood
                      Urbana At Wayne State (Mich.)

1 pm.
                      American International At C.W. Post
                      MSU Moorhead At Robert Morris (NAIA)
                      Kutztown At Saint Anselm

2 pm.
                      Minnesota-Duluth At Augustana

4:30 pm.
                      Everybody's favorite Canadians....
                      Simon Fraser At Pacific (D3)

5:30 pm.
                      Michigan Tech At Winona State

7 pm.
                      Worcester Polytechnic (D3) At Merrimack
                      I'll be rolling in to Marquette 12-18 hours too late.
                      And I'm surprised that UMD/Augustana is this early. Isn't that a bit of a rivalry? (The UMD kids at work made it sound that way, it might just be a Track/XC thing, though.)
                      Always a Wildcat...
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                        I'll be rolling in to Marquette 12-18 hours too late.
                        And I'm surprised that UMD/Augustana is this early. Isn't that a bit of a rivalry? (The UMD kids at work made it sound that way, it might just be a Track/XC thing, though.)
                        As an alum that was not an athlete, Augustana did not stand out as a rival. The game is pretty big this year since we beat them in the NCAA quarterfinals last season and are both highly ranked in preseason polls this year. I believe it's early because this is technically the non-conference game for both teams this season.

Comment

I always thought there was more of a rivalry with St. Cloud for UMD on the football side personally, maybe a little with UND when they were still all NCC. But that's just me. Auggie had been bit of a whipping boy back in the NCC days really.

It just happens.

Comment

cal u - scsu on FCS right now.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Huskies up 13-0 at the half.
                              Wish I got FCS.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Huskies up 13-0 at the half.
                                Wish I got FCS.
                                they are carrying the VSN feed. i'm enjoying the commercials of things i considered local a long time ago more than the game itself
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X