Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

SR3: (by ranking)
    1. Colorado St. Pueblo
    2. University of Nebraska Kearney
    3. St. Cloud
    4. Minnesota Duluth
    5. Saginaw Valley
    6. Wayne State

St. Cloud will face Wayne State, winner will play Nebraska-Kearney. Minnesota-Duluth will host Saginaw Valley, winner of that game faces Pueblo.

F me!!! Duluth and Saggy?? Can I pull for a stadium collapse instead??
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Very entertaining game this past Saturday in Duluth. I was a little disappointed that only 3500 showed up for a game of such significance and only three weeks after a school record 6044 showed up for homecoming. Oh well.
      I'm happy to see that UMD and St. Cloud are on opposite sides of the bracket and can't possibly play each other until the regional final. I don't really know too much about any of the other teams in the regional, but I'll say the NSIC schools win this weekend and SCSU and CSU-Pueblo are the regional finalists. I hope I'm wrong when it comes to UMD losing in the second round, of course, but that certain something seems to be missing with the 'Dogs this season.
      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Well, shouldve won, and there would be no reason to be mad for being left out.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          Well, shouldve won, and there would be no reason to be mad for being left out.
          True true. Wish the hillsdale fans would figure that out. They really didn't do that much more to win the GLIAC, it's just that their loss to ferris doesn't count because technically that was a non-con game. Really hard to claim that you're a playoff team with 3 losses.

At least the Humboldt State fans have a decent gripe about the system. Their league didn't do em any favors.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

http://www.d2football.com/nationalcolumnist/16/

Bob breaks down the playoff field, and gives some guesses at the first round of games and thoughts as to who could go deep this year. No really sure who does make it this year....

It just happens.

Comment

Just starting in on the 3 quarter, Duluth is up on Saggy 17-14.

At the half, Wayne State has turned their road graders on and are giving the Husky's all they can handle there on the banks of the Mississippi 27-24.

And just for Mookie, a final score here.... California of PA gives Elizabeth City the Vulcan Anal Probe 44-Nil.

It just happens.

Comment

Horrid defense by St. Cloud.
                Couldn't stop the run to save their lives.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Very entertaining game in Duluth 30-27 Bulldogs in OT. Thirty degrees and light snow was great football weather!
                  SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                  UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                  Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                  Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                  UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                  UMD Men: 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    Horrid defense by St. Cloud.
                    Couldn't stop the run to save their lives.
                    Wanye state lived on running the ball all year, and with the weather there today, they weren't going to go much to the air unless they had to.

It just happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                      Very entertaining game in Duluth 30-27 Bulldogs in OT. Thirty degrees and light snow was great football weather!
                      Can't beat that kind of day.

It just happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        Just starting in on the 3 quarter, Duluth is up on Saggy 17-14.

At the half, Wayne State has turned their road graders on and are giving the Husky's all they can handle there on the banks of the Mississippi 27-24.

And just for Mookie, a final score here.... California of PA gives Elizabeth City the Vulcan Anal Probe 44-Nil.

Nice!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Nice!
                          Figure it was nice of the NCAA to let Cal host that laugher as well.

It just happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            Wanye state lived on running the ball all year, and with the weather there today, they weren't going to go much to the air unless they had to.
                            That's worse.
                            Knew they were one dimensional, still couldn't stop it.
                            Yuck.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              That's worse.
                              Knew they were one dimensional, still couldn't stop it.
                              Yuck.
                              I don't think it was that they totally couldn't throw the ball, just that Pounding the Rock is where they really did the damage on offense. Then again, I never did get to see WSU in person this year, so that is kind of a second hand opinion here.

Was kind of surprised that Duluth let Saggy back into the game with them like that. Would have thought that the bulldogs would have been better than that by a long shot. Going to be really interesting next weekend with Duluth going to Pueblo to play in the Thunderwolves first playoff game. Not bad at all for a pretty much brand new start up program that restarted football back in 2008.

It just happens.

Comment

Wayne State is smoking Nebraska Kearney 31-0 at the half. The Lopers haven't been able to do anything right in the Nebraska wind. Turnovers and incomplete passes.

UMD at pueblo should be under way as well right now.

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X