Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Really nervous about the game today. GVSU really needs to get their mojo back, and tiffin is a good candidate to do that. But will they???
    Dude, it's Tiffin - the new Gannon of the GLIAC.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Dude, it's Tiffin - the new Gannon of the GLIAC.
      Hell, now you're just insulting Gannon, as Gannon was never as bad as Tiffin.

Hell, what could I say, it was a rough week for me and heck, most of the GVSU fan base, and the Lakers went out and did what they needed to do. Used the Slumpbuster as best as they could. Now we turn our attention north and see if the ship is righting up in the Yooperdome.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Hell, now you're just insulting Gannon, as Gannon was never as bad as Tiffin.

Hell, what could I say, it was a rough week for me and heck, most of the GVSU fan base, and the Lakers went out and did what they needed to do. Used the Slumpbuster as best as they could. Now we turn our attention north and see if the ship is righting up in the Yooperdome.
        You'll be fine.
        Always a Wildcat...
        Originally posted by Kepler
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
          You'll be fine.

One of my favorite pep band moments by far - my sophomore year we stomped you guys 42-14 at the mudhole Tech calls a stadium (this was pre-turf). Bernie Anderson had just bolted for his alma mater the previous year, and as the game was winding down, a rousing chant of "Who Needs Bernie?!" was started. Just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
            You'll be fine.
            The GLIAC is pretty wide open this year with GVSU carrying 3 losses. Most of our fan base are not all that sure we'll finish .500 on the year this year.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

* football.

Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Well, things might not be that bad this year for me. Still going to be one hell of a clusterfunk right now figuring out the playoffs this year. Either way, pretty sure GVSU isn't going to make it right now. Too many other teams in front of us that need to lose for that to happen. Even that being said, a lot of those schools still all have to play each other yet. The playoff picture gets somewhat clearer tomorrow, maybe.

Oh yeah, Ferris at GVSU tomorrow night. And I'm stuck at work again!!

It just happens.

Comment

When are regional rankings published?
                  How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                    When are regional rankings published?
                    I'm thinking they start coming out next week. From what I've saw here, I believe UMD controls its own fate, they just gotta win out. But they gotta go thru St. Cloud and Mankato to do so. Not an easy task at all, especially since they're all in the same boat as well. Bemidji has a pretty easy road as well. And I still like Wayne State Detroit to make the playoffs out of the GLIAC, even after they coughed up that hairball last week to Ashland, who got their Taints handed to them last night by Saggy.

It just happens.

Comment

I'm thinking they start coming out next week. From what I've saw here, I believe UMD controls its own fate, they just gotta win out. But they gotta go thru St. Cloud and Mankato to do so. Not an easy task at all, especially since they're all in the same boat as well. Bemidji has a pretty easy road as well. And I still like Wayne State Detroit to make the playoffs out of the GLIAC, even after they coughed up that hairball last week to Ashland, who got their Taints handed to them last night by Saggy.
                      Thanks. I was thinking they have to be published soon. The problem UMD has is everyone around them in their region is either undefeated or has one loss. Winning out may be the only way they make the playoffs. I don't think they make it with two losses because having three loss Augustana as their non-con certainly isn't doing them any favors. Assuming they win this weekend, beating St. Cloud essentially gives UMD the NSIC-North (I don't see how they could lose to Crookston) and the game two weeks later (on 11/12) against Mankato would be for the overall NSIC title.
                      Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 10-22-2011, 01:54 AM.
                      How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                        Thanks. I was thinking they have to be published soon. The problem UMD has is everyone around them in their region is either undefeated or has one loss. Winning out may be the only way they make the playoffs. I don't think they make it with two losses because having three loss Augustana as their non-con certainly isn't doing them any favors. Assuming they win this weekend, beating St. Cloud essentially gives UMD the NSIC-North (I don't see how they could lose to Crookston) and the game two weeks later (on 11/12) against Mankato would be for the overall NSIC title.
                        yeah, the one thing the GLIAC has on the the NSIC right now is SOS they have over them thanks to a few head to head wins we got earlier.

And I believe the only undefeated squad left in our region is CSU-Pueblo. They had their biggest game last week and I don't really see them losing the rest of the way out.
                        Last edited by bigmrg74; 10-22-2011, 11:06 AM.

It just happens.

Comment

I'll be very interested in seeing how the regional rankings shake out. SCSU might be in a better position to lose another game with there non-con win being Cal (Pa). UMD won pretty easily today 37-6 in front of a school record 6044 fans, however the 'Dogs were very sloppy on offense. SCSU beat down Crookston and my gut is still telling me they will win at home next week against UMD.
                          SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                          UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                          Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                          Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                          UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                          UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Grand Valley just embarrassed Ferris State tonight. We're all still wondering what in the hell was this performance at earlier in the year right now. One stop at the end of the Indy game or either of our other 2 losses and Grand Valley only has 2 losses and is in the thick of the playoff hunt. As thing stand now, we're behind the pack and hoping enough people trip for us make it.

Next up for GVSU..... Making sure Twitch Boy Can't have nice things!!!

It just happens.

Comment

Grand Valley just embarrassed Ferris State tonight. We're all still wondering what in the hell was this performance at earlier in the year right now. One stop at the end of the Indy game or either of our other 2 losses and Grand Valley only has 2 losses and is in the thick of the playoff hunt. As thing stand now, we're behind the pack and hoping enough people trip for us make it.

Next up for GVSU..... Making sure Twitch Boy Can't have nice things!!!
                              We've already got 3 losses. Already taken care of.

But, seeing as how GVSU is in perma Eff You Mode, I'll just get this out of the way now.

Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

NCAA Regional Rankings
                                Oct 24, 2011
                                Super Region 1 Super Region 2
                                Team Region Overall Team Region Overall
                                1. New Haven 7-0 7-1 1. Delta State 7-0 8-1
                                2. Bloomsburg 8-0 8-0 2. North Alabama 3-1 6-1
                                3. WV Wesleyan 8-0 8-0 3. Valdosta State 6-2 6-2
                                4. Winston-Salem 7-0 8-0 4. Mars hill 6-1 6-2
                                5. Elizabeth City 6-1 6-2 5. North Greenville 5-1 6-2
                                6. Slippery Rock 7-1 7-1 6. Albany State 5-2 6-2
                                7. S. Connecticut 6-1 6-2 7. West Alabama 4-1 6-2
                                8. Kutztown 7-1 7-1 8. Morehouse 5-1 6-2
                                9. IUP 5-2 5-2 9. Stillman 6-1 6-2
                                10. Edinboro 6-2 6-2 10. Lenoir-Rhyne 4-2 4-3

Super Region 3 Super Region 4
                                Team Region Overall Team Region Overall
                                1. CSU-Pueblo 7-0 8-0 1. Midwestern State 7-0 7-0
                                2. Nebraska-Kearney 7-1 7-1 2. Pittsburg State 8-0 8-0
                                3. Minnesota Duluth 7-1 7-1 3. Northwest Missouri 6-1 7-1
                                4. Wayne State (Mich.) 7-1 7-1 4. Washburn 6-1 7-1
                                5. St. Cloud 6-1 7-1 5. Abilene Christian 5-1 5-2
                                6. Hillsdale 5-3 5-3 6. West Texas A&M 5-2 5-2
                                7. Indianapolis 6-2 6-2 7. Missouri Western 5-2 6-2
                                8. Saginaw Valley 5-2 5-2 8. Ouachita Baptist 5-2 5-2
                                9. Ashland 5-3 5-3 9. Humboldt State 5-1 6-1
                                10. Bemidji State 6-2 6-2 10. Central Missouri 5-3 5-3

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X