Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMDbulldogs#1
    replied
    Re: 2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    I'm thinking they start coming out next week. From what I've saw here, I believe UMD controls its own fate, they just gotta win out. But they gotta go thru St. Cloud and Mankato to do so. Not an easy task at all, especially since they're all in the same boat as well. Bemidji has a pretty easy road as well. And I still like Wayne State Detroit to make the playoffs out of the GLIAC, even after they coughed up that hairball last week to Ashland, who got their Taints handed to them last night by Saggy.
    Thanks. I was thinking they have to be published soon. The problem UMD has is everyone around them in their region is either undefeated or has one loss. Winning out may be the only way they make the playoffs. I don't think they make it with two losses because having three loss Augustana as their non-con certainly isn't doing them any favors. Assuming they win this weekend, beating St. Cloud essentially gives UMD the NSIC-North (I don't see how they could lose to Crookston) and the game two weeks later (on 11/12) against Mankato would be for the overall NSIC title.
    Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 10-22-2011, 12:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
    When are regional rankings published?
    I'm thinking they start coming out next week. From what I've saw here, I believe UMD controls its own fate, they just gotta win out. But they gotta go thru St. Cloud and Mankato to do so. Not an easy task at all, especially since they're all in the same boat as well. Bemidji has a pretty easy road as well. And I still like Wayne State Detroit to make the playoffs out of the GLIAC, even after they coughed up that hairball last week to Ashland, who got their Taints handed to them last night by Saggy.

Leave a comment:

• UMDbulldogs#1
    replied

When are regional rankings published?

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Well, things might not be that bad this year for me. Still going to be one hell of a clusterfunk right now figuring out the playoffs this year. Either way, pretty sure GVSU isn't going to make it right now. Too many other teams in front of us that need to lose for that to happen. Even that being said, a lot of those schools still all have to play each other yet. The playoff picture gets somewhat clearer tomorrow, maybe.

Oh yeah, Ferris at GVSU tomorrow night. And I'm stuck at work again!!

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

* football.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
    You'll be fine.
    The GLIAC is pretty wide open this year with GVSU carrying 3 losses. Most of our fan base are not all that sure we'll finish .500 on the year this year.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
    You'll be fine.

One of my favorite pep band moments by far - my sophomore year we stomped you guys 42-14 at the mudhole Tech calls a stadium (this was pre-turf). Bernie Anderson had just bolted for his alma mater the previous year, and as the game was winding down, a rousing chant of "Who Needs Bernie?!" was started. Just awesome.

Leave a comment:

• nmupiccdiva
    replied

Hell, now you're just insulting Gannon, as Gannon was never as bad as Tiffin.

Hell, what could I say, it was a rough week for me and heck, most of the GVSU fan base, and the Lakers went out and did what they needed to do. Used the Slumpbuster as best as they could. Now we turn our attention north and see if the ship is righting up in the Yooperdome.
    You'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Dude, it's Tiffin - the new Gannon of the GLIAC.
    Hell, now you're just insulting Gannon, as Gannon was never as bad as Tiffin.

Hell, what could I say, it was a rough week for me and heck, most of the GVSU fan base, and the Lakers went out and did what they needed to do. Used the Slumpbuster as best as they could. Now we turn our attention north and see if the ship is righting up in the Yooperdome.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Really nervous about the game today. GVSU really needs to get their mojo back, and tiffin is a good candidate to do that. But will they???
    Dude, it's Tiffin - the new Gannon of the GLIAC.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Really nervous about the game today. GVSU really needs to get their mojo back, and tiffin is a good candidate to do that. But will they???

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Don't worry, NMU's performance this weekend showed that reality is still possible
    NMU just doesn't play well south of da Bridge.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

In what reality is it normal for the Detroit lions to great and the lakers to be well, like the lions??? I want off this reality.
    Don't worry, NMU's performance this weekend showed that reality is still possible

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by crazytechfan View Post
    In reality, that's normal.
    In what reality is it normal for the Detroit lions to great and the lakers to be well, like the lions??? I want off this reality.

Leave a comment:

• crazytechfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Grand Valley has as many consecutive losses as the Detroit Lions have wins.
    In reality, that's normal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X