Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Tech holds on to the Miners' Cup 21-18 after NMU gacks a last second game-tying field goal.
    And then the rest of the gliac pees on their playoffs chances. Wanye, indy, and ashland all lost. And gvsu beat saggy pretty solidly, 49 - 24.

My best guess for the region tomorrow.....

1. CSU-Pueblo
    2. Nebraska-Kearney
    3. St. Cloud
    4. Minnesota-Duluth

After that, it's a crapshoot. At least one GLIAC squad should be in the mix, but Mankato could be in the mix along with the head to head monster that is going to be coming the Gliac.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied
    Re: 2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Tech holds on to the Miners' Cup 21-18 after NMU gacks a last second game-tying field goal.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Good read. Thanks for posting it. Looks like my Dawgs just have to get it done against Mankato to be sure they'll have a shot at defending their title.
    It sure beats needing a win and somebody else to lose. Hell, I'm still talking down a few of my fellow Lakers who are doing the math to see who we need to lose to getting in. I don't see it happening.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Good read. Thanks for posting it. Looks like my Dawgs just have to get it done against Mankato to be sure they'll have a shot at defending their title.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

D2Football's Bob Eblen takes a stab at the playoff picture....

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Any chance the Mavs host a game with a win?
    Eh, I kinda doubt it. St. Cloud has the Head to Head on Mankato, which means if both Mankato and St. Cloud are next to each other in the standings, the Huskies are listed first. And well, I wouldn't really want to pin your hopes on MSU-Moorhead beating the SCSU squad. And anything else I could see the Mavs getting there involve teams with fairly easy games left losing. The only real tight matchup left besides Duluth-Mankato is Saggy at GVSU. Needless to say, y'all better be cheering for GVSU saturday.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    All they gotta do next saturday is win and they're in. And heck, due to both teams walking in with only 2 losses, chances are that even if one team loses they still might just sneak into the sixth spot. You'll want to pay attention to ESPNEWS sometime Sunday afternoon for when they'll announce the playoffs. Not sure what time they'll start that yet. They gotta figure out when they're going to squeeze that in over talking about whatever the flavor of the day is.
    Any chance the Mavs host a game with a win?

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    It's nuts to think that the Mavericks have a shot at making the playoffs.
    All they gotta do next saturday is win and they're in. And heck, due to both teams walking in with only 2 losses, chances are that even if one team loses they still might just sneak into the sixth spot. You'll want to pay attention to ESPNEWS sometime Sunday afternoon for when they'll announce the playoffs. Not sure what time they'll start that yet. They gotta figure out when they're going to squeeze that in over talking about whatever the flavor of the day is.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied

This week's regional rankings are out....

http://www.d2football.com/regionalrankings/13/

Super Region 3
    Team Region Overall
    1. CSU-Pueblo 9-0 10-0
    2. Nebraska-Kearney 9-1 9-1
    3. Saginaw Valley 7-2 7-2
    4. Wayne State (Mich.) 8-2 8-2
    5. St. Cloud 7-2 8-2
    6. Minnesota State 8-2 8-2
    7. Minnesota Duluth 8-2 8-2
    8. Hillsdale 7-3 7-3
    9. Indianapolis 7-3 7-3
    10. Colorado Mines 8-2 8-2

St. Cloud is sitting pretty dang pretty right now, given that they own the H2H over both Duluth and Mankato, so they're pretty much a lock I think right now to make the playoffs. Duluth and Mankato start the playoffs early next weekend with the winner of that matchup getting into the playoffs. I like Wayne State to be in the mix along with Pueblo and Kearney. Raw seathing dislike of anything from Saggy prevents me from picking them to win in Allendale saturday, nothing more GVSU would love to do than to ruin Saggy's playoff chances. Think it would then be a tossup between Saggy, Hillsdale, and maybe the UMD-Mankato loser perhaps. Hillsdale's biggest problem this weekend is they play the SOS anchor know as Tiffin. They're better off this weekend having somebody drive down their Friday night with a hack saw to tear down Tiffin's goalposts.
    It's nuts to think that the Mavericks have a shot at making the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

This week's regional rankings are out....

http://www.d2football.com/regionalrankings/13/

Super Region 3
    Team Region Overall
    1. CSU-Pueblo 9-0 10-0
    2. Nebraska-Kearney 9-1 9-1
    3. Saginaw Valley 7-2 7-2
    4. Wayne State (Mich.) 8-2 8-2
    5. St. Cloud 7-2 8-2
    6. Minnesota State 8-2 8-2
    7. Minnesota Duluth 8-2 8-2
    8. Hillsdale 7-3 7-3
    9. Indianapolis 7-3 7-3
    10. Colorado Mines 8-2 8-2

St. Cloud is sitting pretty dang pretty right now, given that they own the H2H over both Duluth and Mankato, so they're pretty much a lock I think right now to make the playoffs. Duluth and Mankato start the playoffs early next weekend with the winner of that matchup getting into the playoffs. I like Wayne State to be in the mix along with Pueblo and Kearney. Raw seathing dislike of anything from Saggy prevents me from picking them to win in Allendale saturday, nothing more GVSU would love to do than to ruin Saggy's playoff chances. Think it would then be a tossup between Saggy, Hillsdale, and maybe the UMD-Mankato loser perhaps. Hillsdale's biggest problem this weekend is they play the SOS anchor know as Tiffin. They're better off this weekend having somebody drive down their Friday night with a hack saw to tear down Tiffin's goalposts.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Which does not bode well for their motivation/anger factor going into next week. :-/
    It's Tech-NMU right?? If they need any more motivation to be UP for that game, they're already behind the eight ball.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Not looking good for NMU, down 34-9 at the half.
    Which does not bode well for their motivation/anger factor going into next week. :-/

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Tech with a blowout win over Ferris before heading to the Fooperdome next weekend for the football version of the Battle Over 41.
    Not looking good for NMU, down 34-9 at the half.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Tech with a blowout win over Ferris before heading to the Fooperdome next weekend for the football version of the Battle Over 41.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Bemidji with the upset, 19-14
    Yeah, I saw that one as well. Doesn't totally knock em out of the playoff hunt, but they're likely not going to be hosting a game now. Puts em right into the thick of the mess of 2 loss teams that are all veiing for those payoff spots. Ashland lost as well today, and there's pretty much a playoff game tonight between Wayne State University and Indianapolis. Loser will have 3 losses and falls behind in the playoff race. NMU could catch Saggy looking ahead to next week tonight if they're lucky.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X