Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 D2 Football thread: Or how I still hate Trev Alberts!!!!

UMD beat the "# 1" team in the country, CSU-Peublo today 24-20. CSU scored on their first possession and then did nothing the rest of the game. After UMD took a 10-7 lead, they had a bad shotgun snap for a 20+ yd loss and a TD recovery in the endzone for a 14-10 halftime lead for the home team. After an even 3rd qtr, UMD drove down the field and threw a pick in the endzone. They stuffed CSU and took the next drive in for the lead. The defense stuffed them again and took it down inside the 20 before being able to kneel down on the ball for the win. That will give the Bulldogs a home playoff game next week!!! Wow, didn't see that coming.
    Last edited by umd1; 11-26-2011, 04:20 PM.
    "Heeeeerrrree's your UMD scoring..."

Comment

Originally posted by umd1 View Post
      UMD beat the "# 1" team in the country, CSU-Peublo today 24-20. CSU scored on their first possession and then did nothing the rest of the game. After UMD took a 10-7 lead, they had a bad shotgun snap for a 20+ yd loss and a TD recovery in the endzone for a 14-10 halftime lead for the home team. After an even 3rd qtr, UMD drove down the field and threw a pick in the endzone. They stuffed CSU and took the next drive in for the lead. The defense stuffed them again and took it down inside the 20 before being able to kneel down on the ball for the win. That will give the Bulldogs a home playoff game next week!!! Wow, didn't see that coming.
      Not a bad showing at all from Pueblo, who is just a four year old program right now. With Nebraska-Kearney leaving the RMAC for the MIAA next year, I think that CSU-Peublo is going to own the RMAC for some time now.

And Finals from all of the games today.....

Final 12:00 pm
      North Greenville (20) 58
      Mars Hill (19) 32
      Kutztown (10) 37
      New Haven (11) 44
      California (15) 28
      Winston-Salem (4) 35
      Final 1:00 pm
      North Alabama (13) 14
      Delta State (8) 42
      Northwest Missouri (7) 38
      Midwestern State (1) 31
      Wayne State (Mich.) 38
      Nebraska-Kearney (3) 26
      Washburn (14) 22
      Pittsburg State (6) 31
      Final 2:00 pm
      Minnesota Duluth (9) 24
      CSU-Pueblo (2) 21
      Last edited by bigmrg74; 11-26-2011, 10:25 PM.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Word now has it that DJ Winfield is going to suit up for UMD this weekend. He had something come up last fall about this time, a drug test I guess, and his year is up, and UMD is going to plug him in this year.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

You could see this coming, but I wish they had kept him around.

http://mininggazette.com/page/conten....html?nav=5009

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            You could see this coming, but I wish they had kept him around.

http://mininggazette.com/page/conten....html?nav=5009
            Ferris State is also coach shopping as well right now. And rumor has it Winters at Wayne State is a favorite to become the new coach at Akron. Then again, there's still some there that are holding out hope that they could get Tressel there for the Zips....

It just happens.

Comment

Wayne State - 31
              UMD - 25

Final.

UMD had the ball and a chance with 7 seconds left, but the hail mary was knocked down in the end zone.
              How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

• Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                Wayne State - 31
                UMD - 25

Final.

UMD had the ball and a chance with 7 seconds left, but the hail mary was knocked down in the end zone.
                Great game to watch, decent crowd was on the edge of their seat for most of the fourth quarter. UMD made too many mistakes and Wayne State played very well and took advantage. Too bad the year has to end now, but another conference title and quarterfinal appearance is a very good season. Props to Wayne, I hope they win it all.
                SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                  Great game to watch, decent crowd was on the edge of their seat for most of the fourth quarter. UMD made too many mistakes and Wayne State played very well and took advantage. Too bad the year has to end now, but another conference title and quarterfinal appearance is a very good season. Props to Wayne, I hope they win it all.
                  They had better at least win next weekend. All of us Super Region 3 teams will never hear the end of it if they're the first team to lose to a Super Region 1 school in the playoffs.

I only listen to the first half, it sounded like UMD was getting a bit flustered there with Wayne State.

It just happens.

Comment

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...icle/id/216387

Former UMD football coach Jim Malosky dies at 82.

It just happens.

Comment

• And the finals are now set for next weekend. Wayne State continues their improbable run and knock off previously undefeated Winston-Salem State in North Carolina to earn their bid to Florence. Facing them on the other side of the field will be Pittsburg State from Kansas. The Gorillas beat the Delta State Statesmen at home last night in a sloppy turnover plagued game.

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X