This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

The initial forecast for this afternoon was marginal, too, IIRC.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'll take a 5-spot in the 1st. Nice to be on this end.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Okay, Dirks is out with an injury. Eldred pinch-runs. Where are we going to put him?

9-0, end 4.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Dirks is DHing, so never mind. It would help if I actually looked at a lineup once in a while.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Now, then. Just who in the hell is Brad Eldred? He's a 31 year old with 13 homers in 20 games (81 AB) this season in Toledo, with 21 strikeouts. He's also 6-6 and 270. Oh, and at age 31, he's had a whopping 282 at bats in the majors. 103 of those at bats ended with the umpire saying "Strike 3!". The Dutch are impressed by this windmill.

Two words: Mike Hessman. Don't expect any miracles here.
            With that strikeout, Eldred is now 2 for 14 in Detroit. Two hits in his first game at Yankee Stadium, and nothing since. Limited sample size, but...

God, that was fun...

Comment

With that strikeout, Eldred is now 2 for 14 in Detroit. Two hits in his first game at Yankee Stadium, and nothing since. Limited sample size, but...
              He can go another 5 at-bats without a hit and still be an upgrade over Inge.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

9-3 final.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Was that the right call on the Francoeur ground rule double?

What was Leyland's beef?
                  NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                    He can go another 5 at-bats without a hit and still be an upgrade over Inge.
                    He's got to get in the field and bungle half a dozen plays, too.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

well inge was hitting what 190 when he left which is better than santiago is hitting right now. Inge made a fantastic play tonight vs the red sox in the 8th, and is hitting, get this, second.
                      I hope Boesch gets going soon, he looked terrible this evening.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Try .100
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Good thing this isn't the BCS. AL Central is looking like the Sun Belt right now. Three way tie for first with each team just a game above .500, only division with every team in double digit losses, and the bottom two are fighting it out for worst in the league. KC and the Twins are 2 games back of the third worst team.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I like the term "windmill". We had more production out of redpop in 2006 than this guy, who, BTW, has had several MLB stops in his career.
                            Last edited by streaker; 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Good thing this isn't the BCS. AL Central is looking like the Sun Belt right now. Three way tie for first with each team just a game above .500, only division with every team in double digit losses, and the bottom two are fighting it out for worst in the league. KC and the Twins are 2 games back of the third worst team.
                              Thank goodness for the red sox and royals this season. 7 out of12 wins. 1-6 against that tough west division. But in fairness, Texas does seem to be the class of the A.L. right now.
                              Last edited by streaker; 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• ***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******
                                BOESCH!!

2-2, bottom 8

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X