• ***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******
      CABRERA!!!

7-2, top 8
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

JFC.

So we don't use Valverde in a tie game last night, but he's here in what was a 7-2 game, throwing close to 40 pitches. Now he's likely useless for two days.

We win 7-5, but this was ridiculous. This is like taking a trip from Detroit to Cleveland, but going through Idaho on the way.
        Last edited by Hammer; 04-28-2012, 06:02 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Scherzer is getting squeezed big time early on. This is not good...

God, that was fun...

Comment

2 runs that shouldn't have happened. Ump really tightening the zone today.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• ***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******
              FIELDER!!!

2-1 Yanks, mid 4

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                2 runs that shouldn't have happened. Ump really tightening the zone today.
                The umpiring in New York has been a problem for a long time. Every time we go, and I mean every time, we get squeezed. it's total BS. Scherzer pitched a number of pitches that were strikes but called balls and Fielder got a strike called on him on a ball 6 inches outside. It ends up costing us runs,( it cost us the first two this game.) I doubt we would have won anyway, but the umpiring in Yankee stadium is sickening.

I spoke to a buddy of mine who works for MLB, which is of course in New york. He said it could not be proven and so didn't exist. Right.
                What it means is you have to beat the Yankees by more than one run in order to win the game. Makes me totally sick.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  The umpiring in New York has been a problem for a long time. Every time we go, and I mean every time, we get squeezed. it's total BS. Scherzer pitched a number of pitches that were strikes but called balls and Fielder got a strike called on him on a ball 6 inches outside. It ends up costing us runs,( it cost us the first two this game.) I doubt we would have won anyway, but the umpiring in Yankee stadium is sickening.

I spoke to a buddy of mine who works for MLB, which is of course in New york. He said it could not be proven and so didn't exist. Right.
                  What it means is you have to beat the Yankees by more than one run in order to win the game. Makes me totally sick.
                  Your buddy doesn't know of the existence of PitchFX?
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Your buddy doesn't know of the existence of PitchFX?
                    Oh, I'm sure he does, but it's not part of the conversation since really the effect of being squeezed is on the next pitch or the next AB. Since now that the pitcher knows that x pitch will not be a strike, he goes with something more hittable. So the effect is to give the yanks more pitches to hit and it definitely works.His argument with regard to not being proved centers on the statistical numbers of balls and strikes called in Yankee stadium vs other stadiums.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It's called the Jeter Rules.

I also think that the Tigers' bench chatters too much. You don't see it from the mound, but geez it doesn't help when an ump gets rabbit ears.

11-11. Ho-hum. And I thought the way things started this season that a 13-9 month was going to be conservative.

Comment

Rained out. I coulda told you that 2 hours ago.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Delmon Young suspended 7 games.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Single and a walk for Inge in his Oakland debut. I'm pretty sure the walk was a fluke and he meant to strike out looking.
                            This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                              Single and a walk for Inge in his Oakland debut. I'm pretty sure the walk was a fluke and he meant to strike out looking.
                              Something about a blind squirrel and a nut...
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Why is the game being made up September 24th? I fail to see what is wrong about a day-night doubleheader, except for a drop in parking/concessions/merchandise sales because attendance will be lower. I guess maybe the day-night-day, three games in two days thing, but that's exactly what happened in the Texas series.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X