• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******
    CABRERA!!!

5-4 M's, bottom 5
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'd love to know what on earth Ramon Inge was looking for there. Seriously, Brandon could have done the same thing.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Jim Joyce just needs to be banned from umping first base at Comerica Park. And how about we decide on a starting second baseman so someone can actually get into a rhythm. And how about that second baseman isn't Brandon Inge?
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

This is absolute dog**** baseball. Scherzer was putrid last night, and Wilk found a way to be even worse tonight. We get the bases full because Felix walks the ballpark, and we get nothing. We can't even catch a pickoff throw at first base, and we've booted more balls than Jason Hanson tonight.

We deserve to get swept by Seattle.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Should I start watching in June? I cannot watch this.
            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

At this point, I'm in favor of the tigers getting embarrassed again by Seattle. See who steps up in the clubhouse and talks about how this is what they were going to do this year.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Leyland is already starting his "there is too much baseball left" excuses.

Luckily we only play Seattle 6 times this season. They were 3-7 last season against them IIRC.

Our overall schedule (outside of playing 72 games in the division) is too brutal to piddle away home games against average opponents.Think about it: 10 games against NYY, Boston, LAA and Texas. Even the 18 inter-league games won't be easy-Pitt (6) Cincy, St.L, Cubs, Colorado.

2-5 is terrible home stand, but 1-6 would be devastating. Pitching, hitting and fielding all suck at the same time.

Comment

Breaking news, per Dan Dickerson:

The Detroit Tigers have just relased Brandon Inge.

God, that was fun...

Comment

and... they get swept. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

******* width="300" height="28" class="hark_player">****** name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=dzrybkytmn"/>****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>****** name="allownetworking" value="all"/>****** name="wmode" value="transparent"/>****** src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=dzrybkytmn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" width="300" height="28" wmode="transparent">
                      It's a celebration *****es
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Two moves today:

Inge released, Brad Eldred to Detroit. More on that in a minute.

Thad Weber back to Toledo, Luke Putkonen to Detroit. 12th guy in the pen. *shrug*

Now, then. Just who in the hell is Brad Eldred? He's a 31 year old with 13 homers in 20 games (81 AB) this season in Toledo, with 21 strikeouts. He's also 6-6 and 270. Oh, and at age 31, he's had a whopping 282 at bats in the majors. 103 of those at bats ended with the umpire saying "Strike 3!". The Dutch are impressed by this windmill.

Two words: Mike Hessman. Don't expect any miracles here.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          and... they get swept. Pathetic.
                          Mmmm-hmmmm. That's a fair assessment.

All right. Regarding this little debacle with Seattle, because that's exactly what this was, short of using words that get censored on this site. It starts and ends with starting pitching, mainly our pitiful attempts at such a concept. Scherzer was at 100 pitches at 4 2/3 innings on Tuesday, forcing Jimmy's hand after 5 innings and 103. Wilk was horrific last night, knocking our team out the game before we barely got the defense into the dugout. We had to go get him in the 3rd. Porcello buried us in a 3-0 hole 4 batters into this afternoon's affair.

In all three games, we were in a 3 or 4 run hole before the 3rd inning. Now, our offense is definitely not performing anywhere close to where we thought it would, and our defense was below average at best this series, but this is nobody's idea of good starting pitching. We were done before we really started, and it was all self-inflicted. That's the main reason we got swept. And if we do it again this weekend, we're getting swept again in New York.
                          Last edited by Hammer; 04-26-2012, 05:50 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hallelujah! *Snoopy Dance*
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Hallelujah! *Snoopy Dance*

God, that was fun...

Comment

Mmmm-hmmmm. That's a fair assessment.

All right. Regarding this little debacle with Seattle, because that's exactly what this was, short of using words that get censored on this site. It starts and ends with starting pitching, mainly our pitiful attempts at such a concept. Scherzer was at 100 pitches at 4 2/3 innings on Tuesday, forcing Jimmy's hand after 5 innings and 103. Wilk was horrific last night, knocking our team out the game before we barely got the defense into the dugout. We had to go get him in the 3rd. Porcello buried us in a 3-0 hole 4 batters into this afternoon's affair.

In all three games, we were in a 3 or 4 run hole before the 3rd inning. Now, our offense is definitely not performing anywhere close to where we thought it would, and our defense was below average at best this series, but this is nobody's idea of good starting pitching. We were done before we really started, and it was all self-inflicted. That's the main reason we got swept. And if we do it again this weekend, we're getting swept again in New York.
                                Sums it up really well. We have one starter in the rotation giving us a chance each outing. Pop Warner and the overaged kids from those Carribean islands could hit our other four starters right now.

It's going to be ugly in NYC after tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X