This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Man Valverde plays with fire. Fast ball after fast ball, walk after walk, and hamilton up, he throws breaking balls and gets him for the save. He's like todd jones.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      turning the DP is a vicinity play, most 2ed baseman are not touching the bag, but they are in the vicinity.
      He wasn't even in the right zip code, as evidenced by the fact he didn't get the call.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Man Valverde plays with fire. Fast ball after fast ball, walk after walk, and hamilton up, he throws breaking balls and gets him for the save. He's like todd jones.
        We need to open the Jose Valverde Save Manual.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

That little f-up right there is going to cost us a run.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Or not.

We got away with one there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******
              BOESCH!!!

2-1 Tigers, bottom 6.

I cannot believe that we have not touched off the homer light all season.

Oh, and the blasts before and after Boesch's bomb are going to draw a column from our resident Detroit News crybaby, Lynn Henning.
              Last edited by Hammer; 04-22-2012, 02:29 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Throwing the ball around bit us in the 'cheeks there. Smyly was sharp again, but gets another ND.

God, that was fun...

Comment

In what world does it make sense to pinch hit with a player who has a .057 batting average?
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

It doesn't. Plain and simple.

But if that's all the better we can handle the squeeze, it's not really gonna matter. We'll be lucky not to give up 4 runs here in the 11th.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Jimmy's getting heaved in 3.....2.....1.....

God, that was fun...

Comment

Shit.

Fielder just missed that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

This post-game presser could be a good one, between Welke's call and the Inge move in the 10th.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, it will be interesting to see the Texas vs. Tigers matchup and where they stand the last week in June in Arlington.

Leyland was pretty diplomatic in the post-game: not gonna get on the ump for the call--"not gonna give you a quote...you write what you saw."

Smyly pitched good--too bad they weren't hitting again. Edit: timely hits I guess I should say.
                            Last edited by aygwm2; 04-22-2012, 04:21 PM.
                            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Inge now down to .056 BA. Good amount of boos when he went up to PH. Hopefully if the boos continue growing Illitch will get the hint.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I'm not a big fan of booing no matter who.. I just don't see the point.Do they think that by booing the player will be more motivated? Maybe we should not have traded Polanco.
                                I thought overall team defense cost us today. The throw to second was terrible, and the lack of run production is disconcerting.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X