This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Santiago's error today is prima facie evidence he cannot play every day.That was pathetic and it cost us two runs.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I agree. And he's probably the best defensive option we have at 2B, too. Santiago is at his most effective at about 200-250 plate appearances for the year. Anything more and we're bound to see a serious drop-off in production.

We gave the Rangers at least 5 outs that inning. We're darn lucky they only scored 2.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

That was......interesting.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And the night of bases-loaded jams continues. Daniel Schlereth is warming in the pen.

God, that was fun...

Comment

10-1 now. It all came crashing down with Schlereth on the hill. Frankly, I'm mildly surprised it didn't happen 3-4 innings ago.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Texas is swaggering big time. Time to get the chainsaws out, boys.

Comment

100 years ago today, Navin Field officially opened on the corner of Michigan and Trumbull.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

And the Tigers have Zack Miner again for some reason.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Rained out tonight. Day-night DH tomorrow, it looks like.

I will not be here. The HHL and Giant Tiger are entrusted upon the regulars.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good thing we kept Inge for his defense... Screws up a 60 foot throw to Prince. Still no one out, bases loaded, 4-0 Texas in the 1st.

UPDATE: Inge tries to slide and create a double play instead of just trying to stop the ball, allows it to go under his glove and lets in a run in. 6-0, one out.

UPDATE 2: 8-0 now first inning. Inge catches a line drive! and now Inge bobbles the grounder but recovers in time to get Hamilton out.

I would like to take a moment of silence out of respect for those who started Rick Porcello on their fantasy team today. 7 ER in 1 IP.
                      Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 04-21-2012, 12:30 PM.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Final line for Porcello: 1 IP, 9 R, 8 ER, 10 H, 1 K, 1BB

Taken out with no outs in the second.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Final line for Porcello: 1 IP, 9 R, 8 ER, 10 H, 1 K, 1BB

Taken out with no outs in the second.
                          I've been watching the pitchers duel between A. Sanchez and S. Strausburg (0-0, 4th). Randomly checked this thread and then the MLB.com site for scores. Nearly choked at the 9-0 line!
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Schlereth optioned to Toledo.
                            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Tigers trying to turn a double play and Inge is literally a foot off the bag. Safe at second.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Tigers trying to turn a double play and Inge is literally a foot off the bag. Safe at second.
                                turning the DP is a vicinity play, most 2ed baseman are not touching the bag, but they are in the vicinity.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X