This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

And that is why Delmon Young should only play DH.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

*****http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1058598/DelmonGlove.gif******
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

If Dirks' hit drops in the 7th or Ramirez doesn't make that incredible play in the 8th it would have been a different game.

Scherzer had a pretty good outing with 11 Ks.
        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Inge activated for tomorrow's game.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            That really needs the Benny Hill theme song in the background.

There's gonna be some bumps in the road. We're fine. In the three games we've lost we've scored 2, 2, and 1 runs.

As for the Human Checkswing Strikeout, I'm still not sure he sees Memorial Day in a Tiger uniform.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Can someone, anyone explain the logic behind Brandon Inge as the designated hitter today?
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Can someone, anyone explain the logic behind Brandon Inge as the designated hitter today?
                Here's the story. But it does appear that they're trying to put together the worst possible lineup, as some kind of challenge.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Here's the story. But it does appear that they're trying to put together the worst possible lineup, as some kind of challenge.
                  Here are the comments from that article:

This is just INSANE, Inge as DH and Rayburn as a outfielder? Inge can't hit, Rayburn can't catch, this is just nuts!

Awful lineup.

is there really no one at Toledo that would make a decent replacement for Inge?

Inge a DH? That's an oxymoron if there ever was one!

Well, you have to give Leyland credit for one thing, the stubborn old puke sure has a sense of humor.

Apparently this is Leyland's "Well, we can't win the series anyway" lineup.

Let's start the fire Jimmy smokes campaign

Comment

And Inge strikes out in his first at bat of the year.
                    This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                      And Inge strikes out in his first at bat of the year.
                      Actually, he entered the game yesterday as a pinch hitter for Dirks, grounding out to end the game.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                        Actually, he entered the game yesterday as a pinch hitter for Dirks, grounding out to end the game.
                        My mistake. Either way, he's still washed up.
                        This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                          Pinch hitter and a DH? Dude must have hit .550 in spring training.

Comment

I remember him!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Leyland sobers up from his Saturday night bender, and pinch hits Boesch, the guy he absolutely *had* to give the day off to, for Inge.

Comment

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X