This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Someone might want to look in the ditch.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Why???
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Inge's best bet is that when we put Cabrera at third, he butchers more than a meat market.
        I just can't picture Cabrera at third anymore. The guy is huge. What kind of range is he going to have?

"Don't Wake Up in a Roadside Ditch."
        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          Why???
          Well, when Brandon Inge goes fishing for anything related to the word "curveball", bad things usually ensue.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Well, when Brandon Inge goes fishing for anything related to the word "curveball", bad things usually ensue.
            Yeah, but would Inge in a ditch be such a bad thing??
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Well, on general principle, no. I'm just saying that if the stadium is on Curveball Lane, and Inge keeps trying to hit Curveball Lane, chances are, he's in a ditch somewhere or wrapped around a power pole.

Or he pulled a real-life check-swing and he's stuck at a red light about a block from the stadium with his blinker on.
              Last edited by Hammer; 02-23-2012, 10:00 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I think the Hammer Homer Light is no longer functional.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Apparently in the Twins' camp today Zumaya had to shut down his throwing session after feeling something in his arm.

File this right next to any Dontrelle Willis news. I liked both guys, but man...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Apparently in the Twins' camp today Zumaya had to shut down his throwing session after feeling something in his arm.

File this right next to any Dontrelle Willis news. I liked both guys, but man...
                    Yeah, hate to see him just kind of fall apart like this. He was fun as hell to watch when he had his stuff right.

Any word on replacing the Hammer Homer Light??

It just happens.

Comment

Scott Sizemore apparently injured his knee in A's camp as well.

Comment

Torn UCL, likely shut down for the season & will need TJ surgery.

Twins reliever Zumaya expected to miss season.

Comment

Sizemore's done for the year, too. Torn ACL.

All right. Tomorrow we open up with the traditional game against Florida Southern, and then we start playing the fake games for real on Saturday. I'm not going to break down the pitching staff right this minute, but figure on 12 pitchers on the roster. That leaves 13 roster spots for position players. Without adjusting for any potential trades, I think it's safe to pencil in....

C: Avila and Gump the Hitless Wonder
                          1B: The Prince
                          2B: Ramon Santiago and .160 Raburn (.160 is his average before the All Star Break, and his fielding percentage afterwards)
                          SS: Peralta
                          3B: Big Boy
                          LF: Delmon the Bat-chucker
                          CF: Austin Strikeout
                          RF: Boesch

That's 10 right there. We're going to need another outfielder, so that puts Dirks and Clete Thomas in the mix for a spot. Don Kelly is likely to end up somewhere on this roster. And then the last spot looks to be for either Danny Worth or The Human Checkswing, depending on whether Cabrera can play the hot corner without booting a ball over the broadcaster's booth or decapitating some old woman in Row 12 of Section 117 with an errant throw. It might be fun just to watch Tom Brookens watch Cabrera play 3rd.

Believe it or not, this shapes up to be a quiet camp on the position side, unless Marlboro Jimmy runs over Fielder's leg with a golf cart after dropping a heater out of his mouth. Oh, and get used to Brandon Inge stories in the papers, because between that and the #5 starter, there's the biggest stories in camp. Sorry.
                          Last edited by Hammer; 03-01-2012, 09:38 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sizemore's done for the year, too. Torn ACL.

Believe it or not, this shapes up to be a quiet camp on the position side, unless Marlboro Jimmy runs over Fielder's leg with a golf cart after dropping a heater out of his mouth. Oh, and get used to Brandon Inge stories in the papers, because between that and the #5 starter, there's the biggest stories in camp. Sorry.
                            I do think Inge should at least keep his catching gear handy as well. I don't think I would mind it that much if he catches about 10 games next year. Helps give Avila the occasional blow, and well, gives Leyland an excuse to not go to Gump so much for that duty.

It just happens.

Comment

glanced over at today's "game" against Atlanta. 11-0 Tigers in the fifth. box score mentions, "HR: Avila, Raburn, Boesch, Fielder, Young, Peralta, Jackson... E: Cabrera, Mi (Fielding)"
                              I'll take it.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I'll be down there on friday and give you a full report. IMHO Cabrera cannot play third and they are going to have to put inge back there and let prince DH, but it will take a while to make this happen. I also hope that boesch doesn't hurt his thumb again, he's got a lot of upside to me.Inge especially has trouble with sliders with 2 strikes. maybe he can fix that, but it's awful late in the career.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X