X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Just 8 days til pitchers and catchers report!
    Pitchers and catcher. Singular, at least in the batters box.

Comment

You know, we should have found a back-up catcher by now...
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I miss these two

God, that was fun...

Comment

Cespedes to Oakland. I didn't really expect him to come to Detroit after we signed Prince, but Oakland wasn't even on the radar. I thought Miami or CHC.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Here's our new scoreboard

Oh, and Marlboro Jimmy is going to allow Inge to try to hit .197 playing 2nd instead of 3rd. Can't we already do that with Raburn?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Here's our new scoreboard

Oh, and Marlboro Jimmy is going to allow Inge to try to hit .197 playing 2nd instead of 3rd. Can't we already do that with Raburn?
              Well, the idea is that Inge wants to go out for second, which at least sounds like he's at least being practical about the whole Prince Fielder being here issue instead of just pouting about it. Maybe he can at least hit above the Mendoza line this year.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                Maybe he can at least hit above the Mendoza line this year.
                He and Laird can support each other in that shared effort.

Comment

I'd like to drop them both in the Detroit River. It wouldn't matter, because they wouldn't hit water there, either.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    He and Laird can support each other in that shared effort.
                    I'd like to drop them both in the Detroit River. It wouldn't matter, because they wouldn't hit water there, either.
                    Well, I'm not really going to hold my breath about them being above .200 on the season here between them. It would be nice, but more often than not, we're going to see teams walk the guy in front of Inge or Raburn to pitch to them. Maybe they plan on working on their bunting skills a lot this spring, or how to step into a pitch.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

If we're going to try Inge at 2B, we've now got 5 options at second base on the potential 25-man roster: Santiago, Raburn, Worth, Kelly, Inge.

I still think it's a coin-flip at best that Inge sees Opening Day in a Tiger uniform. Inge's best bet is that when we put Cabrera at third, he butchers more than a meat market.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Interesting evening planned for tomorrow night. Going to see Gary Spicer speak at Adrian College. At least that's the game plan.

For those of you who don't know, Gary Spicer was Ernie Harwell's attorney.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Pitchers and catchers have reported, as well as some prominent players, including our jumbo-sized 3rd baseman.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Brandon Inge is supposedly leaner, but he did gain 18 pounds of muscle by training with former U of M strength coach Mike Barwis. He probably still can't hit the broad side of a barn though. However, Inge is not at spring training yet.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012022...ws|text|Sports
                            Last edited by WSUWarriors; 02-22-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Interesting evening planned for tomorrow night. Going to see Gary Spicer speak at Adrian College. At least that's the game plan.

For those of you who don't know, Gary Spicer was Ernie Harwell's attorney.
                              It was about a 40 minute affair, but it was outstanding. I didn't know he represented Gibby, Trammell and Don Baylor, among others. More aimed at college students, especially the AC baseball team that was in attendance, but well worth the time.

Remember, no new thread until we get to 1,000. Then Volume 3 starts.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriors View Post
                                Brandon Inge is supposedly leaner, but he did gain 18 pounds of muscle by training with former U of M strength coach Mike Barwis. He probably still can hit the broad side of a barn though. However, Inge is not at spring training yet.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012022...ws|text|Sports
                                They renamed the road the stadium is on "Curveball Lane" and Inge keeps missing the exit.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X