This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

I was going to say, wasn't Inge the person who accepted assignment to Toledo, an said he wanted to improve his game there? Not the actions someone who was pouting would do.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I was going to say, wasn't Inge the person who accepted assignment to Toledo, an said he wanted to improve his game there? Not the actions someone who was pouting would do.
      Given that his other choice was to refuse assignment, become a free agent and be lucky to be offered 1/10th of what the Tigers owed him, I wouldn't call it a selfless act.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        AMEN! Put that felon in his place. He needs a huge dose of shut the phuck up. Inge hasn't said one word and as a MLB player, I can understand feeling angry about being forced out of a job. But what fat Denny said/did was classless as usual and wrong.
        Inge's problem is that he doesn't down a case of Pepsi every game. That's the key to success.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Brandon Inge has ADD to start with (no exaggeration there). The last thing he needs is a sugar high on top of that.

How Denny McLain continues to survive as a fat, half-diabetic, loud mouthed crook, and Ernie Harwell was taken from us by cancer after taking great care of himself is one of the bigger injustices in Detroit sports. He ought to be thanking Mickey Lolich every day for bailing his *** out in the 1968 Series.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Brandon Inge has ADD to start with (no exaggeration there). The last thing he needs is a sugar high on top of that.

How Denny McLain continues to survive as a fat, half-diabetic, loud mouthed crook, and Ernie Harwell was taken from us by cancer after taking great care of himself is one of the bigger injustices in Detroit sports. He ought to be thanking Mickey Lolich every day for bailing his *** out in the 1968 Series.
            Lolich isn't (or wasn't) so small himself when he was running that donut shop many years ago. We were lucky to have two high quality LHP's in that era. Too bad only one of them is worth his salt as a human.

Comment

Seeing as how McLain was a righty, I'm not sure who the other LHP was.

Lolich still isn't little, but at least he didn't **** half of a town out of their retirement funds on purpose.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Seeing as how McLain was a righty, I'm not sure who the other LHP was.

Lolich still isn't little, but at least he didn't **** half of a town out of their retirement funds on purpose.
                Uh.. Les Cain; John Hiller;Jim Rooker; Jon Warden all out of the bullpen were LHP's. Sparma and Wilson were righties, too. Come on, give an old fart a break here, I was only VI years old. Of those guys, Hiller was considered another quality LHP, so my post stands.
                Last edited by streaker; 02-06-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Sure. We'll go with them. Even though they're both righties, too.

I think the one you're digging for is John Hiller. I don't know how the hell we both missed him, but we did.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 02-06-2012, 05:59 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Nope, beat ya to it. I remembered him, but to be absolutely to the letter here, I was really talking about starters. Mea Culpa.

Comment

I was still in red numbers, in golf-speak.

And you edited at 7:01. I posted at 6:57, so there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Oh, and Denny McLain will NOT be Volume 17. There are at least 8 other players from the '68 team that will get named as we progress.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Oh, and Denny McLain will NOT be Volume 17. There are at least 8 other players from the '68 team that will get named as we progress.
                          Yes, agreed. He should be the Kevin Quick of the Tigers thread and should only be referenced by obscenities.

Comment

Well, his name is very likely to be preceded, or followed, by obscenities.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Just 8 days til pitchers and catchers report!
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Yup. And I'm ready for it.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X