X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    This looks amazing on paper.

A shame the game is played on grass and dirt instead.
    Well, sure this has all the makings of the thud you heard last spring in Miami. Or the Bronx on occasion. Or Dallas. Or Philadelphia (Phillies and Eagles.)

But remember, Ilitch also bought a Cup with Hull, Robitaille and Hasek. They succeeded.

I also think that the Tigers are not done yet. A midlevel 2B, LF (Pierre?) and/or 5th starter trade.

Just when I had my "they signed Damon again?" sarcasm ready they pull this. Got to hand it to the old man- when he says he gets what he wants, he means it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      First, can Miguel Cabrera play third base like his hands aren't sewn on backwards, or welded to a pair of skillets?
      This was the first thing we talked about at work when we heard of the Fielder acquisition: Where's Cabrera going to play? Cabrera hasn't played full-time 3B since '07. I don't doubt that he can play the position, but physically he's a different type in '12 then '07. I'd rather have someone at the corner with good movement and hands even if it means a lower OBP and BA at the plate.

I don't fully understand baseball stats, but will someone who does tell me if Cabrera's third base stats look that good?

I just don't see Cabrera playing third at this point. But, I think they'll put him there.

Is Betemit still in the picture?

Mlive: Cabrera shift to third

Cabrera's Stats
      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

• Holy shibby!!!!

Again I say, Holy Shibby!!!!!!
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Betemit signed either today or yesterday, I think with either Baltimore or Pittsburgh. A multi-year deal, no less.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I've already got the name for the Cabrera/Fielder combo.

Wine and Cheese.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Betemit = Baltimore
              2 years - 3.25 million.
              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I think they lit their money on fire.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Congrats to the 2012 AL Central Champion Detroit Tigers.

Thread inc...
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    I've already got the name for the Cabrera/Fielder combo.

Wine and Cheese.
                    .....or Beer & Bratwurst

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                      .....or Beer & Bratwurst
                      Fielder is (allegedly) a vegetarian, but I guess "Beer and Boca Brats" doesn't roll off the tongue as well.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think they lit their money on fire.
                        We may be saying the same thing in 5-6 years. Do the math- Fielder, Cabby, Martinez and Verlander= how much? CoPa only seats 40k- so that is a ton of parking, concessions and tv rights to make up for those four + the rest of the team.

Cabrera can't afford to slump now and Fielder better pop 30+ dingers to make up for the defensive liabilities we have in the infield.

Comment

First, can Miguel Cabrera play third base like his hands aren't sewn on backwards, or welded to a pair of skillets?
                          Miguel Cabrera's last game at third base in a Tiger uniform will be in Lakeland, Florida, on about March 15. I just don't see any way that he is a Major League third baseman. Right now, I think the Tigers are still stuck with Kelly/Inge at third, Cabrera DH'ing, Raburn at second, and Santiago backing up Peralta and Raburn.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Originally posted by Alton View Post
                            Miguel Cabrera's last game at third base in a Tiger uniform will be in Lakeland, Florida, on about March 15. I just don't see any way that he is a Major League third baseman. Right now, I think the Tigers are still stuck with Kelly/Inge at third, Cabrera DH'ing, Raburn at second, and Santiago backing up Peralta and Raburn.
                            Unless they deal Raburn/Inge in a trade. Never say never.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              ...Fielder better pop 30+ dingers to make up for the defensive liabilities we have in the infield.
                              As a Brewers fan... Fielder IS a defensive liability in the infield. And he WILL pop 30 dingers a year.

Just be ready to swear and throw things at your TV when he strikes out in the 8th inning with runners on and the Tigers down by a run or two...
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Just be ready to swear and throw things at your TV when he strikes out in the 8th inning with runners on and the Tigers down by a run or two...
                                We've been doing that every game for the last five years.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X