• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Cespedes, por favor.

Tigers viewed as favorites to sign Cespedes
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Dotel, 1 year, team option for 2nd pending physcial.

Comment

I don't see much of a downside here at at. It's for roughly $3 mil, and if he's on, it really helps the back of the pen. Now for the 7th-9th innings, we've got Coke, Dotel, Albuquerque (assuming he's healthy, like they say he is), Benoit and Valverde. And when we need someone to mop up a 9-2 game or give up moonshot blasts to future HOF's, we've got two of Perry-Pauley-Schlereth to choose from.

The only two things I don't like is that he's 38, and he can be wild. We're only in for a year, plus another one if we want it, so I'm not going to make a big deal out of that.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, scratch part of that. Ryan Perry traded to Washington

God, that was fun...

Comment

...so we traded Ryan Perry for Ryan Perry?

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Maybe balls don't travel quite so far off of this version.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yawn. I'm still waiting for our 5th starter, 2B and 3B blockbuster deals. You know, with all them millions that came off of the books that we are giving to 38 year olds and utility guys. I'm thinking that at this point, with three months before spring training, they have taken a step back into the pile of crap they took three years getting out of.

Comment

And in more "who cares" news, the Will Rhymes era in Detroit is probably over. Too bad he isn't in the NBA, where a lackey reserve can sign a $7 MM contract. Of course, you would have to change your name to Kwame.

Oh, and congrats to Zoom-Zoom, who had a good throwing session in Houston. One scout said that he'll have a MLB job.
                  Last edited by streaker; 12-14-2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

He'll get a job. No doubt about that. It's just a matter of when the arm goes pop again.

As for Rhymes, no surprise whatsoever. Running his mouth in the postseason sealed his fate, if hitting .235 didn't already do that by itself. If he could hit major league pitching at all, Danny Worth would have not have been a concern for him. But streaker, I don't think MLB is ready for a 2B named Kwame Rhymes.

No Tiger Fest this year. Apparently we're getting a video board in left field.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      But streaker, I don't think MLB is ready for a 2B named Kwame Rhymes.
                      Sounds like a jailhouse gold album......
                      Whoops, wrong Kwame.

Comment

Maybe we should sign Carlita Kilpatrick. Apparently she can swing a mean bat. Ask the stripper.....never mind. That's not possible. That party didn't exist.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Squashed strawberries tell no tales.

Comment

I guess not. But I bet Carlita makes better contact that Gump or Inge.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I guess not. But I bet Carlita makes better contact that Gump or Inge.
                              If she's fast maybe she can lead off. We already know she's a slap hitter that can go to all fields. Don't know what kind of influence she'd have in the clubhouse, though and I can't say for sure that the team would appreciate the "escalade-d" bonus structure she wants in her contract.

Comment

Al Al has surgery on his right elbow, out until at least the All-Star break. Joy.

Comment

Working...
                                X