This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 2 - The Charlie Gehringer version

Tigers reportedly interested in Mark Buehrle.

JFC, that might end up being the best rotation in the AL. Would help with bullpen issues as well, with Verlander and Buehrle both capable of going deep into games.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Tigers reportedly interested in Mark Buehrle.

JFC, that might end up being the best rotation in the AL. Would help with bullpen issues as well, with Verlander and Buehrle both capable of going deep into games.
      JEBUS TITTY HUMPING CHRIST!!!!! Hell, all they would have to win the AL central, coast a little to rest everybody, and then it's lights out in the playoffs.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Aramis Ramirez is allegedly on the Tigers radar.

I still wonder when we're going to sign a backup catcher.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Rumor has it that Gene Lamont is one of two finalists for the Red Sox job.

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Mark Buerhle is a nice pitcher, but he is not an ace. So i wouldn't go overboard on the excitement.

He is definitely an innings eater, having pitched 200+ 11 straight years. But he gives up a lot of hits and runs. So the Tigers are going to have to give him good run support to maximize his effectiveness.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

From an editor's standpoint, I greatly appreciate Mark Buehrle. You know the game's making deadline that night.
              Originally posted by Jon
              You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Rumor has it that Gene Lamont is one of two finalists for the Red Sox job.

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease
                If they hire Lamont over Bobby Valentine, they should be replacing another GM within a year.

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Mark Buerhle is a nice pitcher, but he is not an ace. So i wouldn't go overboard on the excitement.

He is definitely an innings eater, having pitched 200+ 11 straight years. But he gives up a lot of hits and runs. So the Tigers are going to have to give him good run support to maximize his effectiveness.
                We'd be signing Buerhle as a #4 or #5 starter. He's a huge upgrade over Brad Penny, and an excellent stopgap to buy plenty of time until Jacob Turner's arrival.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Ramon Santiago is back for 2 years, $4 mil. Nice contract for a utility player, but not an everyday 2B. You don't pay an everyday player $2M anymore.

Still would like a 3B, and still need a 2B. And some bullpen help. And a #5 starter. And a backup catcher.....

God, that was fun...

Comment

Are you in self-denial about the whole "backup catcher" thing?
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Don't the Tigers have 4 Catchers still on the roster? Avila, Laird, Martinez, Inge

Backup Catcher (Ryan Doumit) is the only thing the Twins have addressed so far. They still need a corner outfielder, a closer, a #5 starter, etc. I'm hopeful things start picking up at the Winter Meeting.

No I don't consider signing a 50 yr old middle infielder as addressing a need.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Well, we do still need a functional backup catcher, correct? There's about 19 Molinas running around the major leagues, and most of them can catch. You're telling me we couldn't snag one of them?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Laird, Martinez, Inge .
                          If you combined these three you might have one major league catcher.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

If you combine Martinez and two crippled billygoats you'll get a better major league catcher.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              If you combined these three you might have one major league catcher.
                              If any of our pitchers can hit, you could DH Martinez for Laird when Avila takes his 2-3 games off a month.

Comment

I'd rather DH Martinez and stick a pitcher behind home plate.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X